What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

So you're happy just to see us win one premiership? what if that one premiership kicks off a decade of dominance? How awesome would that be? why wouldn't you want to stick around for that?
That would be OK but it wouldn't be anywhere near as satisfying as the first title in over 30 years.

Noise

Coach
So what was he saying then? What's the other way to interpret that sentence?

He is saying that while we aren't winning it is hope that keeps us going. I'm pretty sure that is 100% spot on. He doesn't say a thing about fans jumping ship if we ever won.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dunno, I think the third in a row would be pretty sweet. But I get what you mean. Cracking it for that first one is going to be one hell of an experience.
Yeah. No merkin said ding dong the witch is dead in 1986 did they?

Actually knowing footy fans, half of them would have still been saying shit they heard back in 1981.

IFR33K

Coach
And you think we'll never win another premiership?

I'm 38 yo. I honestly don't think I'll see another eels gf win. But hope is what keeps me going.
Many years ago I said to myself, no way will Melbourne, st George, Nth qld, Souths and Cronulla win a comp before the eels. Maybe I cursed our team or maybe Cronulla need to win one before we do. It's had it ups and down being an eels supporter, but I wouldn't change it for the world!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm 38 yo. I honestly don't think I'll see another eels gf win. But hope is what keeps me going.
Many years ago I said to myself, no way will Melbourne, st George, Nth qld, Souths and Cronulla win a comp before the eels. Maybe I cursed our team or maybe Cronulla need to win one before we do. It's had it ups and down being an eels supporter, but I wouldn't change it for the world!!

We'll see another premiership mate and I think it'll happen within 5 years of being at our new home..

Avenger

Immortal
I still remember the GF in 1984 when we were pipped by Canterbury trying to win four in a row. Some people at the ground had t shirts made up that read, "How about 5 in '85?"

Didn't think I'd wait this long for the 5th one to eventuate.

Gronk

Staff member
I still remember the GF in 1984 when we were pipped by Canterbury trying to win four in a row. Some people at the ground had t shirts made up that read, "How about 5 in '85?"

Didn't think I'd wait this long for the 5th one to eventuate.

I said to my 10yo son at the 2009 GF that he should absorb the day because he may not ever have the chance to see it again. He didn't think I was serious.