What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels81236

Bench
If we pay manna what he is worth, 300k +/-, then he is effectively free. 26 players in our top 25. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I didn't ask a question what are you talking about? Obviously the person wanted pous opinion not yours because yours is crap compared to Pou's, and you couldn't even answer the question properly he never asked for replacements just who to get rid of. Do you struggle to read properly?

Noise did ask a question, they asked Pou who he would punt. I'm 2 steps ahead of the game and more likely than not the question after who would you get rid of would be who would you put in their place. I've only now realised whilst writing this comment it was Noise who posed the question not you.

Dibs

Bench
Noise did ask a question, they asked Pou who he would punt. I'm 2 steps ahead of the game and more likely than not the question after who would you get rid of would be who would you put in their place. I've only now realised whilst writing this comment it was Noise who posed the question not you.
So you only just realised it then you are probably 2 steps behind the game

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
If we pay manna what he is worth, 300k +/-, then he is effectively free. 26 players in our top 25. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Can't remember where I heard it/saw it but not all of that money, or any of it, has to go to that player. You just need to have 1 player eligible to get the allowance.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Nope 6 years including Holden cup and Nsw cup teams (see my earlier post with the grab from the nrl salary cap website)

Then Toutai would also be eligible, Semi and Folau would be eligible from next year onwards and we'll have Moeroa, Edwards, Ma'u and Alvaro coming up in the year following that.

phantom eel

First Grade
Apparently Peni and Prichard are as well, not saying I would punt him but think they also are eligible.
Cool.

$150K to each of them from "outside" the cap, and we have no reason not to recruit a decent prop and punt Mannah (who Pou admits isn't worthy of a bench middle forward spot).

Chipmunk

Coach
Then Toutai would also be eligible, Semi and Folau would be eligible from next year onwards and we'll have Moeroa, Edwards, Ma'u and Alvaro coming up in the year following that.

If this is the case then if we re-sign Semi than this should be Mannah's last contract at the club. He no longer has any reason to be here.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou, this morning you said that our money is better spent on forwards for next year. I don't disagree with you but an interested to hear who you would punt form our current top 17 to make way for some new ones
Wicks and De Gois are both off contract. Gower and Terepo would be cheap enough that their salaries wouldn't hurt too much sitting in Wenty.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His answer (only given in retrospect) will be... whoever the coach decides to punt.

Pou has so many splinters from not offering an actual opinion, his nickname will be paling soon.
No I just gave my opinion on who is most likely (IMO) to make way for new forwards. And if it turns out that someone else makes way then I was wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cool.

$150K to each of them from "outside" the cap, and we have no reason not to recruit a decent prop and punt Mannah (who Pou admits isn't worthy of a bench middle forward spot).
Arthur re-signed him and picks him to start whenever he's available. Every single time. I'd say his opinion is worth more than that of anyone here.

phantom eel

First Grade
No I just gave my opinion on who is most likely (IMO) to make way for new forwards. And if it turns out that someone else makes way then I was wrong.
But... Wicks and De Gois have been re-signed.

I think Wicks holds a spot in top 17 next year, and agree that Gower and Terepo's wage can sit at Wenty (along with De Gois).

We need to sign another middle forward, to (IMO) take Mannah's starting role. Whether Arthur then reverts Mannah back to a bench forward or to Wenty(or mid-season to England) is his choice.

We also still need to sign a first choice hooker option, as Pricthard isn't up to it yet (IMO) and De Gois will be ok as a back-up.

Then we worry about a half option to accompany Norman (ssuming Robson is retained as a back-up.

phantom eel

First Grade
Arthur re-signed him and picks him to start whenever he's available. Every single time. I'd say his opinion is worth more than that of anyone here.
But what's Arthur's opinion about how Mannah is to be used in the future?

That's what's being discussed - and you're failing to add any analysis to that discussion.

phantom eel

First Grade
What's the difference? Does his cash have an exempt stamp on it? Either way 300k is free.
As I understand it, the club receives a 300K allowance in addition to the cap, if it has one qualifying long-term serving player.

It doesn't mean we get 26 players in our top 25 - quite the opposite, as the 26th player is on the secondary cap. It means we can spend 300K more than the standard cap amount on our top 25 players, so long as we have one qualifying long-term player (e.g. Mannah, or some others from next year) in the top 25.

Latest posts