What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
He was a key attacking option for us, playing long minutes. Starting the match was part of keeping him on the field as long as possible.
Agreed. So it's about balance, which is what I said. Having one impact player to make inroads in attack and a toiler to defend all night and make the hard hit ups. The ideal is having this set up on your bench as well...which is what we're working towards.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agreed. So it's about balance, which is what I said. Having one impact player to make inroads in attack and a toiler to defend all night and make the hard hit ups. The ideal is having this set up on your bench as well...which is what we're working towards.
Junior Paulo played 60 minutes every week, with limited involvement. That's hardly an impact player. They come off the bench and make a high number of runs (against tired defences) and tackles per minute.

phantom eel

First Grade
Lol at the person replying to everyones replies. Even replies to other replies that aren't even directed to this person.
f**king wanker.
Lol at the person who cares too much about what other people get up to on the forums, and even gets upset enough to chase them around the forums and swear about it. Goosed it up again!

As someone said in another thread today, if something's meant to be a private question for one other poster, it can be done by PM (or "Conversations") - otherwise it's a forum, and anyone can post anywhere.

Stay gold, pony boy...

phantom eel

First Grade
Lol no.
You aren't even close.
And lol. Massive Lols.

So desperate is your agenda, that after Chipmunk quoted Pou and then posed a question in this thread, and two people other than Pou continued discussion on that question, you sit down and type out a post criticisng only one of those two people.

You really do need to get a life and stop chasing people around the forums Suity. The evidence is there for anyone to see. You don't even make a contribution to the topics of discussion in a thread anymore - you just seem obsessed by an irrational anger?

Might be time to take some time off the forums, and seek help?

phantom eel

First Grade
Junior Paulo played 60 minutes every week, with limited involvement. That's hardly an impact player. They come off the bench and make a high number of runs (against tired defences) and tackles per minute.
But Junior Paulo had impact for us, in the contributions he made.

Maybe thats a sorry indication of what else we had in the middle forward stocks - but he was our key impact bench player, a role we're seeking to replace (presumably through Vave).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm keen to see how Vave is used next year (assuming we've signed him). He is a poor man's Junior Paulo, especially in the number of minutes he plays. He is doing a lot in limited minutes at Manly this year. I wonder if more minutes would ruin his game.

Gronk

Staff member
Merkins are saying that The Duke has punted CEO Corey Payne after only 4 months.

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm keen to see how Vave is used next year (assuming we've signed him). He is a poor man's Junior Paulo, especially in the number of minutes he plays. He is doing a lot in limited minutes at Manly this year. I wonder if more minutes would ruin his game.
Yes, there's some work to be done with him, and you'd expect we've signed him on less than a huge deal.

But if we/Arthur trusts his team to get the guy in condition to play more minutes, and skilled up to maximise his impact, then he'll be a handy (and good value) buy, playing in the 17 for perhaps less than top 17 salary.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, there's some work to be done with him, and you'd expect we've signed him on less than a huge deal.

But if we/Arthur trusts his team to get the guy in condition to play more minutes, and skilled up to maximise his impact, then he'll be a handy (and good value) buy, playing in the 17 for perhaps less than top 17 salary.
I'm sure Vave will be in our top 17 salaries.

Happy MEel

First Grade

If you don't think Junior provided impact then I'm not going to be able to reason with you. Junior hit harder in defence, ran harder and provided an offload. His limited involvement/work rate maximises his impact when he does get involved and so he can do it across a longer period of the game...probably because our other impact forward is of significantly less quality.

He is most definitely an impact player.

Happy MEel

First Grade
But Junior Paulo had impact for us, in the contributions he made.

Maybe thats a sorry indication of what else we had in the middle forward stocks - but he was our key impact bench player, a role we're seeking to replace (presumably through Vave).

Junior was actually our starting impact middle forward more often than not this year.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Merkins are saying that The Duke has punted CEO Corey Payne after only 4 months.

Knew he was in trouble the moment he went crying to the media over that spray that rlwc director gave him on the phone.

Sounded like an arrogant toss whenever i heard him speak.

Gee it would be nice if journos stopped being scared of gus and gave penrith a bake once in a while they have dramas in the front office and have underachieved on the field the last couple of years. How many ceos is that in the last 2 years. 3 or 4

Latest posts