What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Knew he was in trouble the moment he went crying to the media over that spray that rlwc director gave him on the phone.

Sounded like an arrogant toss whenever i heard him speak.

Gee it would be nice if journos stopped being scared of gus and gave penrith a bake once in a while they have dramas in the front office and have underachieved on the field the last couple of years. How many ceos is that in the last 2 years. 3 or 4
So still less than us???

Knew he was in trouble the moment he went crying to the media over that spray that rlwc director gave him on the phone.

Sounded like an arrogant toss whenever i heard him speak.

Gee it would be nice if journos stopped being scared of gus and gave penrith a bake once in a while they have dramas in the front office and have underachieved on the field the last couple of years. How many ceos is that in the last 2 years. 3 or 4
He told Gus he'd love to run the joint and Gus obliged. Sounds like a rigorous process.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you don't think Junior provided impact then I'm not going to be able to reason with you. Junior hit harder in defence, ran harder and provided an offload. His limited involvement/work rate maximises his impact when he does get involved and so he can do it across a longer period of the game...probably because our other impact forward is of significantly less quality.

He is most definitely an impact player.
Not in the sense I'm talking about - maximum involvement in limited minutes.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Mannah's value to side is underestimated. Yeah he was poor last night, yeah he isn't the greatest, yeah there are better.

But his value lies in the ability to pretty much make 100 or so metres, 30 or so tackles and very few errors in about 45 minutes each week. And on a average wage ( probably around $350k ). There is very little difference between his best and worse which is what coaches like, they know what they will get.

The first 20 is normally the fast / hardest part of the game, which is what Mannah plays in. And while there are other props ( like Paulo and vava) who attack a lot better, Mannah's value is his defence / error rate, how often do we see Mannah miss a tackle ? Drop a ball? Give away a penalty ? very rarely and this is extremely important in the first 20 when the game is still an "arm wrestle".
Any starting Prop doing 12+ hit ups will reel off the same numbers- A worker style prop needs to be puling off 140+mtrs a game - Merrin/tolman/graheme etc.....

Avenger

Immortal
After watching yesterday's Titans game I must say Ash Taylor is a very impressive halfback. I reckon Wayne Bennett will try and entice him back to the Broncos which may leave an opening for a club like ours to sign Ben Hunt.

In saying that how much would we need to offer and trump everyone and sign Taylor after 1 November for the 2018 season? $600k?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Any starting Prop doing 12+ hit ups will reel off the same numbers- A worker style prop needs to be puling off 140+mtrs a game - Merrin/tolman/graheme etc.....
We just don't attack through our middle as much as those teams, with Ma'u, Edwards and/or Moeroa making most of the hit ups.

hindy111

Post Whore
After watching yesterday's Titans game I must say Ash Taylor is a very impressive halfback. I reckon Wayne Bennett will try and entice him back to the Broncos which may leave an opening for a club like ours to sign Ben Hunt.

In saying that how much would we need to offer and trump everyone and sign Taylor after 1 November for the 2018 season? $600k?

Give teams 12 mths to do their homework on him before you jump the gun.He does look good but so did Tim Smith and Mortimer in their first seasons.

Perhaps Ben hunt is suffering from the same thing.

I like the idea of a guy like uate he would be good for two seasons. Id also have a chat to Idris. His defense is brutal and would be a potential bargain.
Both these guys have HUGE upside and at a good price you are getting a potential bargain-At worse case you get a solid first grader.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like the idea of Norman and a know name half with no pressure. I am more then happy with this Fogarty kid.
Would love us to then sign another big strong winger, move Taka to a bench utility role and go after 3 new props.Or go for Idris and leave Gutherson on wing.
Id like to see Alvaro and Terepo starting for Wenty waiting for a chance to play NRL and as first back ups in. Having Obrien and Hasson as our back ups is depressing.
Vae - Mautilino and Vaughn would be nice.With Danny wicks as our 4 props.
A bench of
Vae-Wicks-Taka-KE would be great.

Kaysa should start the rest of the season. And if he impresses in the next 3 games then we can relax with our hooker options.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like the idea of Norman and a small name half with no pressure. I am more then happy with this Fogarty kid to have a chance. Norman is the main creator and with semi-Bevan-Manu-Jennings points should come ok.
Would love us to then sign another big strong winger, move Taka to a bench utility role and go after 3 new props.Or go for Idris and leave Gutherson on wing.
Id like to see Alvaro and Terepo starting for Wenty waiting for a chance to play NRL and as first back ups in. Having Obrien and Hasson as our back ups is depressing.
Vae - Mautilino and Vaughn would be nice.With Danny wicks as our 4 props.
A bench of
Vae-Wicks-Taka-KE would be great.

Kaysa should start the rest of the season. And if he impresses in the next 3 games then we can relax with our hooker options.

strider

Post Whore

If he keeps playing well he will command more than that ... brooks n moses are already on 550k wanting more .... cap is going up ... taylor will be wanting 800k+ in 12months if he maintains his form and everyone keeps talking him up

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But is this only because we currently don't have the players in the middle to do the job?
I'm sure it's related, but even Junior Paulo didn't make many runs, and he was on the field for most of the game.

Darcy Lussick has been making up to 20 carries a game. How many did Arthur give him while he was here?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Obrien as well he has been a big disappointment every time he takes the ball up he gets smashed which is a suprise as he has a fair bit of size.
He's tall with a head like a wide screen TV. But he's not that muscular. Anyway, like (most of) the rest of our middle forwards he works hard and misses few tackles while he's on the field. He's a decent backup.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
He's tall with a head like a wide screen TV. But he's not that muscular. Anyway, like (most of) the rest of our middle forwards he works hard and misses few tackles while he's on the field. He's a decent backup.

He wouldn't be on much but you can just tell with some players no disrespect to him but he just looks like a teddy bear out there there is no agression or power in his runs

ash411

Bench
Obrien as well he has been a big disappointment every time he takes the ball up he gets smashed which is a suprise as he has a fair bit of size.
I wonder if there's a specific technique to it, i.e. something that needs to be taught, yeah some guys just have it, raw talent so to speak, but maybe there's a way to teach a big guy with speed and power like windscreens has, how to run to be able to break lines a lot more, like the top forwards are able to?