What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
Wonder what the headline would be and the comments from K*ent, Ikin, Hardley etc if the Eels had punted CEO after 4 months, no doubt blasted about incompetence , stupidity and more. Probably no need to comment tat we should have done that with Seeweed, but interesting the silence

Seems nothing gets said when Gus is involved, not strange but expected

Noise

Coach
I wonder if there's a specific technique to it, i.e. something that needs to be taught, yeah some guys just have it, raw talent so to speak, but maybe there's a way to teach a big guy with speed and power like windscreens has, how to run to be able to break lines a lot more, like the top forwards are able to?

running at the inside shoulder helps

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He wouldn't be on much but you can just tell with some players no disrespect to him but he just looks like a teddy bear out there there is no agression or power in his runs
All you need from your backups is that they hold their own in defence. Anything else is a bonus, and makes it unlikely they'll remain a backup.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I wonder if there's a specific technique to it, i.e. something that needs to be taught, yeah some guys just have it, raw talent so to speak, but maybe there's a way to teach a big guy with speed and power like windscreens has, how to run to be able to break lines a lot more, like the top forwards are able to?

Release the inner merkin windscreens!!

hindy111

Post Whore
17 players that run hard bar halves and hooker = bulldogs

From wing centre to all the forwards you want hard running players.

Idris + uate would suit our style.Land both for 600k id say.
Big ben for 350 and Vaughn for 250. Thats Hayne 1.2 and fills 4/25 spots.

Idris can be our impact off the bench forward or cover centre. Take a punt BA.

Chipmunk

Coach
Obrien as well he has been a big disappointment every time he takes the ball up he gets smashed which is a suprise as he has a fair bit of size.

In fairness to Rory O'Brien he's not a Top 25 player and more than likely never will be. He's only in the team due to injuries.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bevans a play maker. We have Norman. Getting a dominant half will limit the amount of chances they get to strike. Unless you get someone better then both in the red zone your not inproving the team.
An unkown who doesnt get many touches will be a suprise packet. Idealy a solid defender with a good kicking game is all we need.Dont say Robson.His kicking games terrible.
Shoot me down but luky Kelly wouldnt be terrible.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
He's tall with a head like a wide screen TV. But he's not that muscular. Anyway, like (most of) the rest of our middle forwards he works hard and misses few tackles while he's on the field. He's a decent backup.

No not really....he is a decent player....for wenty yes, we need to look beyond the likes of O Brien if we r truly to challenge, he is your classic plodder.

eels81236

Bench
Uate stinks. Defence is non existent. His power game was good compared to other wingers when he was the only one doing it. Today, every winger plays the power game and they've left him long behind.

hindy111

Post Whore
One thing ive learnt from NFL is the successful teams buy players that fit the scheme. They keep hold of important position and run like a well oiled machine.Like the storm. Sometimes these players leave and people ask why they are half the player.They just dont fit another teams scheme.
Our team isnt built on high skill and offloads like tigers or panthers.Its aggression and heart. We need to find guys who fit that mentality.
Now you might say Idris wont and he is a risk but i also think his physical toughness is something we would love at our club.
Bevans a talent but a small guy.We can carry a few in our team behind a big hard pack. We cant behind cream puffs.

hindy111

Post Whore
Uate stinks. Defence is non existent. His power game was good compared to other wingers when he was the only one doing it. Today, every winger plays the power game and they've left him long behind.

He runs harder then gutherson amd bevan and is quick. On the cheap would be great. Would prefer Idris thou as had Gould training so would be ready for big games.

eels81236

Bench
He runs harder then gutherson amd bevan and is quick. On the cheap would be great. Would prefer Idris thou as had Gould training so would be ready for big games.

Ok then. What about my first two sentences? Although poorly structured I'm sure you understood them.
And really, Bevan on the wing is no different to a Luke Burt with more skill. With a set line in defence his first instinct is for someone to take the hit for him. He needs to have meat pies fed to him through a drip over summer. Rare natural talent though.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
That's why he's a backup you f**ken dope. How many times do you need to be told?

Mate I'm not going to argue the point with, you are an awful person who has this passion of being right and making any person with differing opinion feel like shit.....no wonder so many have fled to the hills since you have arrived, u are a true shit stain on this site.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok then. What about my first two sentences? Although poorly structured I'm sure you understood them.
And really, Bevan on the wing is no different to a Luke Burt with more skill. With a set line in defence his first instinct is for someone to take the hit for him. He needs to have meat pies fed to him through a drip over summer. Rare natural talent though.

Wingers like Luke Burt went out of fashion in the late 90's early 2000. We hung onto those type of wingers for to long.

To be honest I haven't seen a lot of Uate of late so I value your opinion and happy to put a pass on him. He always looked a dangerous runner of the ball to me thou and I am not the best reader of defense in a game of footy.

Noise

Coach
Where the hell would we play Idris? We have 3 first grade quality centres as it is in Taka, Jennings and Gutherson. Idris is too lazy for the backrow but even then our backrow stocks are full.

Pazza

First Grade
Where the hell would we play Idris? We have 3 first grade quality centres as it is in Taka, Jennings and Gutherson. Idris is too lazy for the backrow but even then our backrow stocks are full.

True.

2 props, halfback and a winger is what we need for 2017.

+ depth players