What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Dibs

Bench
Bevans a play maker. We have Norman. Getting a dominant half will limit the amount of chances they get to strike. Unless you get someone better then both in the red zone your not inproving the team.
An unkown who doesnt get many touches will be a suprise packet. Idealy a solid defender with a good kicking game is all we need.Dont say Robson.His kicking games terrible.
Shoot me down but luky Kelly wouldnt be terrible.
Bang bang

Noise

Coach
I was thinking Idris might make a good front rower. Actually I'm still thinking it.

I actually know Jamal and he certainly has the frame for it but not sure he has the drive for the hard work in the middle. Who knows, time out of the game might have changed things

phantom eel

First Grade
Yep, by observation over the years hard work seems to have been Idris' ongoing challenge in rugby league.

Has raw talent and plenty of potential, but I suspect - perhaps liek Eric Grothe (Snr and Jr) - his priorities lie elsewhere?

TheRam

Coach
The last 6 weeks this kid showed he will play for nsw. I also thought he had gone backwards but he was just easing himself into the grind

64m against Manly and 32m against Broncos(and yeah I know he came off at one point with a head knock) is hardly an improvement in attack, which is where he should be smashing it. He had 3 games in a row prior that he made more then 100m+. Maybe it plumb tuckered the poor bastard out.

Soft freakin jellyfish.

eels_fan

First Grade
I'd make a play for Gagai.

He's a great player, and doesn't get any decent ball or opportunity in a poor & inexperienced Knights team. They are 4-5 years away from even being a top 8 challenger so he may be keen on a move.

eels_fan

First Grade
Neither could Semi, or Guru Jnr. Defence on the wing is as much about your defensive edge setup than an individual issue.

TheRam

Coach
Super Sam

Sam Tagataese has had his best year in the NRL, but it's a tough school at the Sharks and he won't be able to secure a deal with the club for 2017. But rugby is circling. Tagataese is viewed as a tackle-crashing centre and it wouldn't surprise to see him looked at by the Wallabies once he finds his feet in Super Rugby.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-land-the-hayne-plane-20160813-gqrwb8.html

If Sam is available and it seems that he is, then I would try and sign him.

A frontrow rotation that included Sam T, Vaughan and Vave, would be very handy indeed and none would break the bank.

IFR33K

Coach
I've always been a fan of tagataese, i don't really know why. Would love to see him at the eels.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've always liked him as well, runs and hits like a train. His hands were always his worry but this year he has improved in that area. The Sharks will somehow find the cash to keep him.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tagataese is the opposite of what we need ffs...inconsistent, lazy especially in defence, goes missing when his side needs to get out of trouble. He's made over 100m just 3 times this year and makes 13 tackles a game!

Rams much hated Tepai Moeroa has made more metres, both total and average, and averages 16 more tackles a game....

Big fat no thanks.

TheRam

Coach
Tagataese is the opposite of what we need ffs...inconsistent, lazy especially in defence, goes missing when his side needs to get out of trouble. He's made over 100m just 3 times this year and makes 13 tackles a game!

Rams much hated Tepai Moeroa has made more metres, both total and average, and averages 16 more tackles a game....

Big fat no thanks.

Oh ok, I didn't realise his stats were so bad. He seems to be such a good hard and aggressive runner when you watch him randomly. But on those figures, I aggree...no thanks.

Chipmunk

Coach
Super Sam

Sam Tagataese has had his best year in the NRL, but it's a tough school at the Sharks and he won't be able to secure a deal with the club for 2017. But rugby is circling. Tagataese is viewed as a tackle-crashing centre and it wouldn't surprise to see him looked at by the Wallabies once he finds his feet in Super Rugby.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-land-the-hayne-plane-20160813-gqrwb8.html

If Sam is available and it seems that he is, then I would try and sign him.

A frontrow rotation that included Sam T, Vaughan and Vave, would be very handy indeed and none would break the bank.

I noticed this and found it strange that the Sharks were letting him go. He'd be more than handy here.