What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh ok, I didn't realise his stats were so bad. He seems to be such a good hard and aggressive runner when you watch him randomly. But on those figures, I aggree...no thanks.

He's the kind of player who will have one or two hard runs a game, but most of the time only wind up with 7 runs for 65m at full time. Once he has a good run he seems to think he's done his job and vanishes. Only 5 games this year has he made 10 or more hit ups. More than 20 tackles 3 times. He's a slug.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd make a play for Gagai.

He's a great player, and doesn't get any decent ball or opportunity in a poor & inexperienced Knights team. They are 4-5 years away from even being a top 8 challenger so he may be keen on a move.

Jenkovich sings ... "what about me, it isn't fair. I want the ball too and I want my share .."

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've heard whispers we are asking about Mitchell Pearce - seems he's not happy at the Roosters, and Robinson isn't very happy with him, either.

Not sure how true it is, but I'd welcome him with open arms.

Kornstar

Coach
I've heard whispers we are asking about Mitchell Pearce - seems he's not happy at the Roosters, and Robinson isn't very happy with him, either.

Agreed, he's not an Origin player but is a very good NRL player.

Fanbase

Juniors
Super Sam

Sam Tagataese has had his best year in the NRL, but it's a tough school at the Sharks and he won't be able to secure a deal with the club for 2017. But rugby is circling. Tagataese is viewed as a tackle-crashing centre and it wouldn't surprise to see him looked at by the Wallabies once he finds his feet in Super Rugby.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-to-land-the-hayne-plane-20160813-gqrwb8.html

If Sam is available and it seems that he is, then I would try and sign him.

A frontrow rotation that included Sam T, Vaughan and Vave, would be very handy indeed and none would break the bank.
tagatse bahahaha you funny, oh yeah he is great ...... google eyes

Chipmunk

Coach
He's the kind of player who will have one or two hard runs a game, but most of the time only wind up with 7 runs for 65m at full time. Once he has a good run he seems to think he's done his job and vanishes. Only 5 games this year has he made 10 or more hit ups. More than 20 tackles 3 times. He's a slug.

Stats only tell you half of a story. If Gallen and Fifita were at Parra and played the same way, very few other forwards in the team would reach 10 hitups or 100 metres,

TheRam

Coach
Pearce would be an awesome signing, but he would want at least around 700-800k. I wouldn't like to sign him on that much coin. That is Hayne type of money before the TPA's.

Unless we can sign him on say $400k and the rest TPA's, then he becomes very attractive.

TheRam

Coach
Stats only tell you half of a story. If Gallen and Fifita were at Parra and played the same way, very few other forwards in the team would reach 10 hitups or 100 metres,

True, but he is an established player and should be able to demand ball. Besides, he would be on the field when at least one of those guys is off the field.

Bazal

Post Whore

Yeah but Tagataese not only has low metres, but also low metres per run (lower than Moeroa, for eg)...so he's not running hard, denting the line often or running over the top of defenders when he does get a chance.
He has a low number of runs, and a low number of tackles...so his involvement and work rate is poor and for mine he's a very lazy player.

The stats just demonstrate my point that Tagataese doesn't offer very much at all and would be a poor signing.

Chipmunk

Coach

Are they unhappy with JWH too? He'll be fully recovered from his knee injury next season and raring to go.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Noise: don't you think perhaps they are thinking of moving Pearce on because they are choosing between him and Hastings?
I dunno what is going on at their club, but if there are issues between Pearce and Hastings, and only one of them is going to stay, then I could certainly see the Roosters thinking future first, and going for the Cullen/ Hastings combo. They'd risk be bad again next year, but would look pretty handy for a rise in the years following.

Noise

Coach
Noise: don't you think perhaps they are thinking of moving Pearce on because they are choosing between him and Hastings?
I dunno what is going on at their club, but if there are issues between Pearce and Hastings, and only one of them is going to stay, then I could certainly see the Roosters thinking future first, and going for the Cullen/ Hastings combo. They'd risk be bad again next year, but would look pretty handy for a rise in the years following.

The fact that Hastings has been dropped to reserve grade weeks ago (and not sited since) and Pearce has played each week along with Connor Watson and Matterson shows me that Hastings is on the outer

Eelementary

Post Whore
Roosters look to be punting Hastings. No way in hell they will let go of Pearce too.

No way in hell we'd let Foran go and sign Robson to replace him...

As I said, it's a rumour, but stranger things can, will and have happened...

Stagger eel

Staff member

Robinson was quoted some weeks back as saying that Hastings won't be at the club next year, I heard on the grapevine that he's high maintenance but also find it interesting that saints were happy to release him for that reason a few years back and may well end up there again...strange.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tagataese is the opposite of what we need ffs...inconsistent, lazy especially in defence, goes missing when his side needs to get out of trouble. He's made over 100m just 3 times this year and makes 13 tackles a game!

Rams much hated Tepai Moeroa has made more metres, both total and average, and averages 16 more tackles a game....

Big fat no thanks.
Bit hard for him to make many hit ups when Gallen makes 30 per game.

Latest posts