What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bolgeel

Juniors
Most of us forget what happened beyond last week. We are rating the squad based on form rather than on talent.

It’s why we overrated them going into 2018 and why we are now probably underrating them now.

The good news is that I’ll be pleasantly surprised when we finish 11th next year.
I’m very optimistic we will finish in the top 16, got a great feeling!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Or on current form, a whole season of it, they are the worst performing players and thus team. Until they show improvement you are the one that is living in the past.

Current form is what matters, not reputations or old form.
Form changes. Class is the constant.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BA pulled a suprise 3am training session. f**k am I the only one that think he is running low on ideas with 1990s training stunts? Lol
Things like this aren't intended to improve merkins or 'build resiliency' (even though they are often sold that way). They are to test merkins' character, which is important with so many players off contract this year. We will want to have most of our re-signings out of the way by the end of pre-season.

Things like this aren't intended to improve merkins or 'build resiliency' (even though they are often sold that way). They are to test merkins' character, which is important with so many players off contract this year. We will want to have most of our re-signings out of the way by the end of pre-season.
I could understand that for a bunch of new recruits who had just joined the army or something but most of these guys have been here for years. They should know their character by now. And at this point it might just seem to even the best of them that they are being punished for Arthur's and the team's failure.

strider

Post Whore
The reason that Scott and Edwards weren't replaced in the top 30 , was because their pro rata salaries kept them in the top 30 paid players, and therefore remained in the squad from a NRL standard.

As I have said before , could you imagine another club not being able to conjure a deal for someone like JH that wants to stay, Uncle Nick and Thoroughbreds would make it happen, and the NRL would applaud them as they usually do.
Jarryd would have "re-signed for less money" if he was at the broncos

strider

Post Whore
Those players in the Out have got to have been on at least $2 million between them. There is no way that Lane, Davey and Sivo are costing us more than $350k in total. That's $1.65 million at least left for Junior, Ferguson and upgrades.
Minimum salary is 100k ... there is no way Lane, Davey, Sivo are not over 350k ... davey sivo are probably minimum .... lane is likely on 250k plus - he is probably top 17

strider

Post Whore
I actually agree re Mau but its more the point that the person who has signed these players is the same person trying to get rid of them yet he has been given the big tick of approval to keep on keeping on. Im obviously missing something.
Hopefully "Relationships 101" will prove successful.
"Now all you blokes who we are attempting to pi*s off. I want you to become bestest buddies until we find someone who will take you off our hands". Yeah. That'll work.
The whole "trying to offload xxxxx" is a bit of creative licence by journos .... i am sure every single players who has 1 yr to run on their deal has their manager approach their club for an extention .... if the club isnt willing to commit 12 months out, then the manager wants to negotiate a deal elsewhere and potentially go there immediately .... and i reckon often the current club will just say ok if the players isnt great - cool free up some cap room ..... this ends up, "player unwanted, being shopped around"

Its a result of the nrl rules about being able to negotiate 12 months from end of your contract

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Or on current form, a whole season of it, they are the worst performing players and thus team. Until they show improvement you are the one that is living in the past.

Current form is what matters, not reputations or old form.
Performances from one year aren't a reliable indicator of what will happen the following year. If they were we might finally have a season prediction thread where people accurately predict where the eels will finish on the ladder.

If we do well one year, most people will overestimate where we will finish the following year. Likewise, if we don't do well one year, most people will understimate where we will finish the following year.

I reckon you are one of those people.

Latest posts