What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The whole "trying to offload xxxxx" is a bit of creative licence by journos .... i am sure every single players who has 1 yr to run on their deal has their manager approach their club for an extention .... if the club isnt willing to commit 12 months out, then the manager wants to negotiate a deal elsewhere and potentially go there immediately .... and i reckon often the current club will just say ok if the players isnt great - cool free up some cap room ..... this ends up, "player unwanted, being shopped around"

Its a result of the nrl rules about being able to negotiate 12 months from end of your contract

You are a shining light of common sense in a sea of absolute stupidity.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I could understand that for a bunch of new recruits who had just joined the army or something but most of these guys have been here for years. They should know their character by now.
Or maybe he felt that they had become lazy and complacent and needed to be tested. Our last place result is pretty strong evidence of that.

And at this point it might just seem to even the best of them that they are being punished for Arthur's and the team's failure.

If any of the 'best of them' are thinking like that then they aren't the best of anything.

Don't get why people are pissing in their knickers over this. Must be the off-season...

Avenger

Immortal
Great call on the club looking at offloading a player like Mau. At least he will be attractive to other clubs and we will be offering him a year early rather than a year late.

Besides you need money for players like Ponga and Munster.

hindy111

Post Whore
Things like this aren't intended to improve merkins or 'build resiliency' (even though they are often sold that way). They are to test merkins' character, which is important with so many players off contract this year. We will want to have most of our re-signings out of the way by the end of pre-season.

Someokne wakes me at 3am and It better be for a roll in hay otherwise id bite their nose off.

TheRam

Coach
It's possible that O'Neill is looking to move them on. After all he is the head of football and is looking after these matters.

Well he can't be to strong on his thoughts and convictions if the article on Mau can be believed.

I would jump at the chance to offload him. He has been very cold with the occasional hot for a couple of years now at least.
He sure as hell isn't as consistent as he should be for one of our gun forwards and add that to his size and age and he would already be in Parras rear view mirror if I was HoF.

Especially since we need to offload someone that actually has a decent wage to fit in our greatest ever player who is still watching from the sidelines. On Hayne, if there is anyone who doesn't see him as actually improving our team by at least 20% they are simply being bias or dreaming. Now that he has gotten over all his health issues he is back to somewhere close to his best and that my friends is better then 98% of all the other NRL players out there today.

Period.

TheRam

Coach
Performances from one year aren't a reliable indicator of what will happen the following year. If they were we might finally have a season prediction thread where people accurately predict where the eels will finish on the ladder.

If we do well one year, most people will overestimate where we will finish the following year. Likewise, if we don't do well one year, most people will understimate where we will finish the following year.

I reckon you are one of those people.

OR

I and a bazillion other Parra supporters are over the over hyped Eels juniors, Senior team, Management and anything else you want to throw in the pertaining to the long term failure that is the Eels.

Obviously what you and Pou are saying generally makes sense, BUT it is the Eels and since when have we ever made sense?
You guys are very slow on picking up what it is to be an Eel supporter. What you just started supporting the team or something? Well I've got news for you two, lean years are the norm, exceptional years are the freaky abnormal around here.

The sooner you get that the quicker you will understand what it is to be an EELS fan and you will then finally be able to deathride like a professional.

TheRam

Coach
Can we vote on word of the year?

I am lobbing for these

N u t h ........
Deathrider
Ambush
Yamba

How about one of next years words be Quisling, because besides you and me Hindy, everyone else on here as pertaining to Parramatta are a bunch of freakin QUISLINGS!

Latest posts