What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
An amnesty doesn't mean there can't be new legit TPAs though. It's a "hey the system's f**ked. It yours & ours & everyones fault, so here's the new system, everyone has blah blah to fix up any dodgy shit. After that the chances of you getting caught are going to be higher and we'll mean people lose jobs and clubs lose seasons"

Not sure where the idea of an amnesty came from but the info I posted was that there would be no new TPA's registered by the NRL (legit or otherwise), until the resolution of the CBA.

If this is true, it seems like the NRL are trying hard to work out a way to improve TPA's and hopefully to shift the focus on sourcing them back to the Player Manager and the player and away from clubs.

Gronk

Staff member
From 2011

Roosters will keep Peter in hen house
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 12, 2011 12:00AM

318056-peter-o-039-sullivan.jpg

Keeping his job at the Roosters: Peter O'Sullivan. Picture: Liam Driver

ONE of the key players named and shamed in the sensational Melbourne Storm cap rort report will not be sacked from the Sydney Roosters.

Recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan last night kept his job, despite the report claiming he played a significant role in the Storm's salary cap breaches.

The NRL's final report into the game's most shameful chapter recommended that former Storm chief executive Brian Waldron and secretary Matt Hanson never work in rugby league again.

Yet because the report made no such recommendation to ban O'Sullivan from the game, the Roosters have no intention of cutting him loose. And the NRL maintains it is powerless to banish him from the game.

NRL chief executive David Gallop yesterday rang Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce to alert him that O'Sullivan would be named in the report, which was conducted by salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

Gallop said last night: "I have spoken to the Roosters and said they clearly need to look at that section of the report."

But Noyce said he was happy with the findings and O'Sullivan would not be axed. "If you look at the report it talks about sponsors, changing salary cap rules, recommending action be taken against player agents. It doesn't recommend any action be taken against Peter," Noyce said.

"Ian is the salary cap auditor, he's obviously gone to great lengths to protect the interests of the game with the investigation of the Storm, and there is a recommendation - or lack of recommendation - [there] against Peter," Noyce added.

"It's a thorough report, but he hasn't recommended that we should take action.

"It was a period where the club [Melbourne] and the game was under pressure, but hopefully now people move forward and we can learn from the situation at the Storm."

In the report, Schubert wrote: "Peter O'Sullivan has informed me that he has nothing to disclose about the salary cap cheating that went on during his time at the Storm.

"He says he was not involved in it and that everything he did was approved by [chief executive] Brian Waldron."This, regrettably, is not the conclusion that I have reached from the documents I have reviewed."

Schubert cited a blazing row O'Sullivan had with a player agent in which he stated: "If we go into the 2008 [season] 500k over, it will be Brian and me looking for a job and the coach starting the premiership on -20 points."

Schubert claimed O'Sullivan had failed to include in some player contracts the money paid for third-party agreements, and "deliberately concealed" the true amount paid to two players.

It was also reported O'Sullivan was completely aware of a practice from 2005 to 2007 where "unsigned letters of offer that recorded the full remuneration to be paid to players with significant player remuneration omitted from registered NRL contracts".

Schubert's conclusion stated O'Sullivan helped Waldron "set in train the wholesale cheating that took place over the next five years."

O'Sullivan last night refused to comment on the report.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ter-in-hen-house/story-e6frexnr-1226054314708

Micky75

Juniors
I watched sterlo on the couch with Brad Arthur at the pub with the TAB, as I asked the bartender to do the volume up. Anyway, BA he is Parra coach, with Ricky & the New Zealander ?? Not so much, sticky is going well at the moment, but I would LOVE if the eels disrupted the Raiders moving with good head space going into the finals.

84 Baby

Referee
Not sure where the idea of an amnesty came from but the info I posted was that there would be no new TPA's registered by the NRL (legit or otherwise), until the resolution of the CBA.

If this is true, it seems like the NRL are trying hard to work out a way to improve TPA's and hopefully to shift the focus on sourcing them back to the Player Manager and the player and away from clubs.
The amnesty was my idea. What exactly are the NRL going to do when, let's say, JT signs a new TPA with Townsville Skoda Dealership Group? Are they just going to whack that on Cows salary cap, irregardless of sourcing? Because they can't actually stop the player signing and earning a TPA. To which point players start deciding whether to earn the TPAs and play with a bunch of numpties, or maybe earn the same money in a different sport.
I've come to the conclusion that controlling TPAs effectively is near impossible for the NRL. So really they probably need to open up the strings for sponsors and look at other avenues for talent and wealth distribution

Stagger eel

Staff member
Sydney Roosters official Peter O'Sullivan stood down over NRL investigation

The Sydney Roosters have suspended recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan after the NRL advised the club it is investigating whether he is a fit and proper person for registration.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...n-over-nrl-investigation-20160819-gqwoo0.html

Mate, I'll say one thing... I just did some snooping around regarding this and my source won't reveal much but did say that it may have involved a former player of ours who left mid contract....

That's all I know I'll let you guys do the guessing.

84 Baby

Referee
Mate, I'll say one thing... I just did some snooping around regarding this and my source won't reveal much but did say that it may have involved a former player of ours who left mid contract....

Well that only narrows it down to about 20 players over last 3 or 4 years

Gronk

Staff member

Hmmmmmm !

Oscarman

Juniors

Guessing he may have never played for the Chooks?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

hineyrulz

Post Whore

f**king Morgs!!!

Gronk

Staff member
The cynic in me thinks that merkins will just dissappear from the game rather than a massive public cluster f**k like what happened with us.

84 Baby

Referee
The cynic in me thinks that merkins will just dissappear from the game rather than a massive public cluster f**k like what happened with us.
I look forward to it being front and back covers of Terrorgraph for next 2 weeks