What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

natheel

Coach
In 13 games this year halfback Robson has:

3 try assists
2 linebreaks
3 LBA's

That is f**king deplorable for a halfback. So what if he is cheap, he offers f**k all. Opposition defences know he isn't a threat and shut down his side of the field with ease.

And his defence is over rated. He misses a couple of tackles a game (which is ok) but he always gives up a quick play the ball as he is a legs tackler.

While I agree to a point I'd like to see how he goes taking pressure off Norman. Norman roams the field so I think would put the defence in 2 minds. I think a calm steady head like Robson won't be a bad thing for Norman as a stop gap.

This Fogarty kid looks like he could be who Arthur is looking to make into Normans long term partner at least till that fails.

At least Kelly won't be here

Noise

Coach
While I agree to a point I'd like to see how he goes taking pressure off Norman. Norman roams the field so I think would put the defence in 2 minds. I think a calm steady head like Robson won't be a bad thing for Norman as a stop gap.

This Fogarty kid looks like he could be who Arthur is looking to make into Normans long term partner at least till that fails.

At least Kelly won't be here

When one half offers nothing then defences easily focus on the half that does offer something (Norman) and shut them down - putting more pressure on Norman. This is exactly what happened with Johnson when Robson was his halves partner.

The 'calm/steady' description of Robson is the polite way of saying does nothing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
IDG staying, and now Robson. The pieces are starting to come together for a real tilt at the title.........

The top sides should be shaking in their boots.

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile from the Salary Cap thread ...

PARRAMATTA’s new look management team have had their first victory by ensuring Kieran Foran’s $150,000 severance package is not included in the club’s salary cap for next season in what is a first for the game.

Eels officials met with the NRL last week to finalise the club’s salary cap position heading into next season.

The Eels will have Foran’s payout excluded from the salary cap meaning the club now has about $1 million to splash on players next year.

The Eels are on the lookout for a replacement for Foran and also a hooker following the mid-season departure of Nathan Peats.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/4644081939ef7d124cb13f6a498984cc

hineyrulz

Post Whore
BA must have no idea now. Sack the coach !
Why do you have to be so negative all the time????

Always having a differing of opinion and questioning decisions made at the club.
You shouldn't have an opinion at all, you should just blindly cheer at everything the club does it's what a true fan does and it's why we have been such a #powerhouse the last 30 odd years.

Gronk

Staff member
Why do you have to be so negative all the time????

Always having a differing of opinion and questioning decisions made at the club.
You shouldn't have an opinion at all, you should just blindly cheer at everything the club does it's what a true fan does and it's why we have been such a #powerhouse the last 30 odd years.

I do have an opinion and it agrees with BA that we need to search for a replacement for Foran and Peats.

IDG and Robson are part of our depth. FMD at the start of this year we had depth signings coming out of our arse, yet we still ended up with a patchwork team. We need to sign a shitload of players again and IDG and Robson are great backups.

The Eels are on the lookout for a replacement for Foran and also a hooker following the mid-season departure of Nathan Peats.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a surprise Gronk agrees with what is happening at the club, well knock me down with a feather.......

Gronk

Staff member
What a surprise Gronk agrees with what is happening at the club, well knock me down with a feather.......

What a surprise you are whinging about the club.
thumbsup.gif

Gronk

Staff member
Robson has been re-signed as a backup and to mentor kids coming through. BA is on the lookout for replacements for Foz and Peats. Both of these players had to leave unexpectedly and now need to be replaced.

What if Robson and IDG are our first choice starters ? What if we sign Reynolds and he does his ACL ? We just have to manage with what we have.

Robson’s manager Gavin Orr confirmed the experienced No. 7 was also in talks to take on a post-career mentoring role at Parramatta with the club’s emerging halves.

“Jeff has got a lot of supporters at Parramatta, so I think they are going to train him up to stay around the club to mentor young footballers coming through the grades,” Orr said.

“He is such a good person and if we had more people like Jeff around rugby league players we’d have a better chance of turning out to be better people.
Clicky

Gronk

Staff member
Well I know Gronk will at least be happy.
Serioulsy what is the point in ranting that we don't have a No.7 yet for 2017 ? You don't think that BA is not trying hard to get a decent half ? FMD if he went and signed a rookie like Hastings for 3 years for overs and ends up a dud you'd be spewing. So BA can't really win with merkins like you.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Serioulsy what is the point in ranting that we don't have a No.7 yet for 2017 ? You don't think that BA is not trying hard to get a decent half ? FMD if he went and signed a rookie like Hastings for 3 years for overs and ends up a dud you'd be spewing. So BA can't really win with merkins like you.
Who's ranting you knob??? As soon as someone questions anything happening at the club you are on here defending like Hindy in his prime.

You believe IDG and Robson are great back ups, I think thats laughable, they are both washed up and are barely Wenty standard let alone worthy of first grade. But since the club make the decisions they have to be right, we shouldn't have an opinion we should just agree with everything. It's what a true fan does, how has that gone for us the last 30 years?????

Latest posts