What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I just don't think IDG and Robbo are even back up quality these days. I'm not complaining that we haven't landed a top line 9 or 7 yet and I know the both of them are only back ups but I'd rather promote a kid then watch either of them plod around anywhere for another season with us.
The two old timers having a good game Hiney ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Afraid not mate you said you'd prefer some kids in there. No way kids could defend like these two.
I said i'd rather bring up some kids for next year than those two. They have been immense in defence, after all it's what they have built their games on in their careers. They were due a good game each after a couple of shockers.

parra pete

Referee
Vai Toutai????? What's the go with him.....positional play, and defensive capabilities ----No idea, swap him with Ken Sio.....

Chipmunk

Coach
Vai Toutai????? What's the go with him.....positional play, and defensive capabilities ----No idea, swap him with Ken Sio.....

The word is that Ken Sio needs to come back to Australia. With Takairangi being as injury prone as he is we should be looking at Ken Sio as a back up and play him on the wing and Gutherson in the Centres when Takairangi is out... Or just put Takairangi on the bench so that when he is out injured it won't affect us as much.

Unfortunately, we need to be looking at backup outside backs as starting 13 players whilst we continue with Takairangi.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Toutai has been around the first grade set up for 4 seasons, and he is still like a deer in the headlights in defence, has dicks for hands and just all round bloody ordinary.

hindy111

Post Whore
There are plenty of rumours of shuffling going on genuine the scenes at clubs ALL around the NRL and the ESL.

Elgey, Cullen, Taylor, Hayne and Roberts at the Titans. Martin, Cleary and Cartwright at the Panthers. Reynolds at Souths. Hastings at the Roosters. They are the ones there are whispers about. Still plenty to happen in this off season.

Who will move back into the forwards.

hindy111

Post Whore
With Bevan at fullback and Norman in the halves I like that part of our spine. I would like to see us buy a hooker but as far as halves go I don't mind giving Fogarty a go or picking up a guy like Sam Williams. I do not see the point on splashing out for the sake of it like we did for Sandow and then be stuffed for 4 years.

Bolster our forward pack and perhaps another back and we will be fine. If we have a good defensive unit and can keep teams to under 14-16 points our attack doesn't need to be great.

Now for long term - Matt Moylan rejected an extension. This is the guy I would go for in the halves. Would be getting into his prime. Pending on TMM and Cleary in the halves they may opt to not throw big dollars at him. And in the backs they have Hiku and Whare to come back. With cartwright to move into the forwards and the form of Peachey in the centres I can see perhaps DWZ going to fullback to open up a spot for Hiku and Whare moved on. Blakes form has been great and would be a lot cheaper.

A move for Whare with Penrith paying half the freight could be a bold move. Coming off an injury he could be cheap too. His defense is rock solid and was in the top 6 centres before his injuries.

hindy111

Post Whore
Classic Hindy111. Talks about 2 current eels players. Then goes on a rant about 6 Panthers players. Shocked their was no mention of Gus

Well they have depth of guys like TMM - Waqu Blake-Peachey-Hardacker while we have toutai - Robson - falou I would say the depth they have in squad out shines ours and all those guys will want NRL footy next season. Find another club who has 3-4 top line first graders outside of there top 17 and I will talk about them.
I have mentioned Vaughn plenty of times.

I was the turkey who said we should go after Coote when know one wanted him on the cheap and was bagged - Look at him flying now. They have a great talent base and have won the toyata cup how many times in the last 4-5 years? It is the best club to raid as they have a heap of talent coming thru all the time and the best junior system in the NRL.

Should we ignore this?

Noise

Coach
Well they have depth of guys like TMM - Waqu Blake-Peachey-Hardacker while we have toutai - Robson - falou I would say the depth they have in squad out shines ours and all those guys will want NRL footy next season. Find another club who has 3-4 top line first graders outside of there top 17 and I will talk about them.

Aren't most of those guys in their top 17?

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd think only Peachey would be Top 17.

Well the backrow of Cartwright - Yeo and Merrin is set so leaves the vicous fish and Grevshmul on bench as two of the best young backrowers coming thru. Not sure where the peach fits in. Tamou and Latu starts at front row so RGC takes one bench spot and another prop-Perhaps McKendry/matagi/Latimore.

Surely they need to cut guys.

Latest posts