What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I think i said it last week but it is only on replay that i realised just how involved he is on and off the ball and how much difference that makes.

I think it is because he doesn't have that blinding speed and also isn't talked up for his ball skills and vision that you don't notice on the run what he's actually doing and how much he does.
The clear example for me is the Penrith game where Moses got tackled on the 5th and Gutho busts his ass from the far side to get the ball off the ruck on short side and puts in a real good kick and chase at speed

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think i said it last week but it is only on replay that i realised just how involved he is on and off the ball and how much difference that makes.

I think it is because he doesn't have that blinding speed and also isn't talked up for his ball skills and vision that you don't notice on the run what he's actually doing and how much he does.

That must be it.

He always seems busy, but he didn't seem to make such a big impact.

Wow.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
His will to be around the ball is second to none! He just doesn't look "flashy" so it is not as noticeable imo.

His work rate is great. Watch the roosters game, and he took quite a few early tackle runs, which is basically running into a brick wall, not fun stuff!!

IFR33K

Coach
I f**king love him by the way, definitely my current favourite Eel!

He’s a great competitor, always busy, but just needs to know when to inject himself. Against the roosters I thought he tried to overplay his hand a tad.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

It'd be interesting to see his GPS stats and how far he runs during a game. Probably up around the 11km mark.

Chipmunk

Coach
It’ll be years before he’s not good enough for the top 30. Dave Gower is 35 next year and he could probably get another NRL contract somewhere for 2020 if he wanted it.

I think there is a little difference between the expectations of pay for Mannah and Gower.

Mannah has been a Top 17 player for 10 years, including captaining his club. There is an expectation of a completely different minimum level of pay for a player with that experience.

Gower has never been paid an amount that would've had him in the Top 20 players at any club he has been at for his entire career. Realistically, the way that the incomes have gone up at the lower end of the squad, he's probably still getting a pay rise every year.

I can't see Mannah sticking around in the NRL on money that isn't considered Top 17 money. I suggest he won't be a a Top 17 player at any club in the NRL in 5 years time (which would make him the same age as Gower is now)

I suggest Mannah's future is some decent pay in the UK.

Latest posts