What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Whatever happens with Gutherson, I'm happy we have a professianl Head Of Football in Mark O'Neill.

I like that he has been professional, consistent, and putting the club's needs first.

It feels good to have a profession back office, even if Clint does leave.

This thread is reading like the Glass Half Full Thread ! IIRC the only merkins who think that this is being poorly handled is Kent, Hooper, Crawley and @TheRam .

Bazal

Post Whore
This thread is reading like the Glass Half Full Thread ! IIRC the only merkins who think that this is being poorly handled is Kent, Hooper, Crawley and @TheRam .

Birds of a feather.

Or in this case, deadshit angry merkins of a similarly low IQ

IFR33K

Coach
Whatever happens with Gutherson, I'm happy we have a professianl Head Of Football in Mark O'Neill.

I like that he has been professional, consistent, and putting the club's needs first.

It feels good to have a profession back office, even if Clint does leave.

Unlike the professionalism being shown by our captain. He’s been happy for the club to be dragged through the mud.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The longer this goes on the less I think Gutho is worth anyway....

$550k per year max.

He isn't an Origin level player, would be a shame to tie up Origin level money in him. Pay for his utility, save the 750k+ contracts to poach genuine Origin talent

TheRam

Coach
I reckon Johnson would command close to $500k and Jahrome Hughes will be valued near that figure (maybe even higher if his form continues) this time next year when he is off contract.

Gutho is a better option than Johnson IMO and at this stage, a better option than Hughes.

Hughes is average.

T-Boon

Coach
Even in the cesspool of facebook comments, the consensus is that the club is on the right track.

The only thing that has me thinking this could be a stuff up rather than good strategy from the Eels is that world renowned penny squeezer Max whatshisface is still around the club so maybe this is more about a culture of being frugal rather than worlds best negotiations and salary cap management strategy.

emjaycee

Coach
The only thing that has me thinking this could be a stuff up rather than good strategy from the Eels is that world renowned penny squeezer Max whatshisface is still around the club so maybe this is more about a culture of being frugal rather than worlds best negotiations and salary cap management strategy.
Player negotiations have nothing to do with Max and besides, player salaries are not even the clubs money.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
There's no need to be frugal, as in saving the money, in relation to the salary cap.

edit: what he said up there. Thanks MJC

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hughes is average.
Sorry mate, don’t agree. Sure, he plays in a stronger storm system but they’re certainly not the team they once were. His stats this year across 7 games are:
2 tries
3 try assists
3 line breaks
171.7 avg run metres
28 tackle breaks

Heres a comparison to Teddy who is the best fullback in the comp:

5 tries
1 try assist
7 line breaks
166.7 avg run metres
43 tackle breaks

I rate him.

If someone like Hughes was available I’d feel much better about the club playing hard ball with Gutho.

84 Baby

Referee
Sorry mate, don’t agree. Sure, he plays in a stronger storm system but they’re certainly not the team they once were. His stats this year across 7 games are:
2 tries
3 try assists
3 line breaks
171.7 avg run metres
28 tackle breaks

Heres a comparison to Teddy who is the best fullback in the comp:

5 tries
1 try assist
7 line breaks
166.7 avg run metres
43 tackle breaks

I rate him.

If someone like Hughes was available I’d feel much better about the club playing hard ball with Gutho.
Hey no need for facts, just because Ram has a differing opinion to you

Happy MEel

First Grade
The longer this goes on the less I think Gutho is worth anyway....

$550k per year max.

He isn't an Origin level player, would be a shame to tie up Origin level money in him. Pay for his utility, save the 750k+ contracts to poach genuine Origin talent
The thing is though, $750k isn’t really the going rate for a genuine origin caliber fullback.

Teddy is on around a million according to reports, turbo Tom is on $900k, Slater would have been on close to a million , RTS is on $900k. Ponga is the only other option who would fit that bill and whilst he’s currently on unders, he will no doubt be getting an upgrade sooner rather than later that gets him close to that 1 mill mark.

For $750k you get a Darius Boyd/Josh Dugan caliber of fullback and I’d take Gutho every day of the week and twice on Sunday over both of those muppets.

However, I’d go to $700k as a take it or leave it final offer and put a deadline on it.

Latest posts