What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore

arGYywB_460swp.webp

Happy MEel

First Grade
If we were to pull it off he would be our most significant signing in quite a while and the leader of our club.
Good player but I reckon he’s too similar a player to Nathan Brown. He’s a big minutes lock style middle forward. Jake T is the only player in this mould that I’d spend plenty of cash on.

Welch is probably a better fit for what we need.

TheRam

Coach
Good player but I reckon he’s too similar a player to Nathan Brown. He’s a big minutes lock style middle forward. Jake T is the only player in this mould that I’d spend plenty of cash on.

Welch is probably a better fit for what we need.

So having two tenacious type players, be it similar types, isn't good for our team? How many times have we heard or read " if only we had a team full of N Brown type of players in our team we would be..."?

Well if we had two, it would be a step in the right direction. Sure they are similar, but that does not matter. If they were both QLDers I'm sure they would find a way to have them both in the same team. Our frontrow sucks. Having two middle forwards of their caliber would remedy a lot to our ruck problem. Then all we would need is one more big unit frontrower that is dominant and our forwards are pretty much set.

Imagine being able to pick from, not in any particular order, for our run on forwards and bench -

Christian Welch
Reed Mahoney
Junior Paulo
Shaun Lane
Jai Arrow
Nathan Brown

Jaeman Salmon
Kane Evans
Manu Ma'u
Marata Niukore
Oregon Kaufusi
Stefano Utoikamanu
Ray Stone
Dave Gower

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So he isn't the Titans best player and leader? Playing for a crap team must mean every player is crap.

Stick to your mediocre favs Pou. Quality is beyond you.
I agree he's a quality player, I just don't agree he's displayed any effective leadership in his career.

That doesn't mean he's not a leader but if he is, how the f**k would you know?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Imagine being able to pick from, not in any particular order, for our run on forwards and bench -

Christian Welch
Reed Mahoney
Junior Paulo
Shaun Lane
Marata Niukore
Jai Arrow

Jaeman Salmon
Kane Evans
Manu Ma'u
Oregon Kaufusi
Stefano Utoikamanu
Ray Stone
Dave Gower
You left out Brown. Is that how you're going to fit Paulo, Arrow and Welch under the cap?

Eelementary

Post Whore
So having two tenacious type players, be it similar types, isn't good for our team? How many times have we heard or read " if only we had a team full of N Brown type of players in our team we would be..."?

Well if we had two, it would be a step in the right direction. Sure they are similar, but that does not matter. If they were both QLDers I'm sure they would find a way to have them both in the same team. Our frontrow sucks. Having two middle forwards of their caliber would remedy a lot to our ruck problem. Then all we would need is one more big unit frontrower that is dominant and our forwards are pretty much set.

Christian Welch
Reed Mahoney
Junior Paulo
Shaun Lane
Marata Niukore
Jai Arrow

Jaeman Salmon
Kane Evans
Manu Ma'u
Oregon Kaufusi
Stefano Utoikamanu
Ray Stone
Dave Gower

I agree with you, Rammy.

There's no substitute for quality - even if he is a similar style of player to Nathan Brown, he is pure class, and would improve our forward pack considerably.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree he's a quality player, I just don't agree he's displayed any effective leadership in his career.

That doesn't mean he's not a leader but if he is, how the f**k would you know?

Nathan Browns ok. But of our forwards has the some of the least impact AMD gets man handled a bit. On form he hasnt captured 2017 when he was excellent.
When Tepai is on his runs are more damaging.Thats is what is frustrating with Tepai. He is capable.

Latest posts