What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
I watched 360 the other night and they were talking about Stuart's ref attack on the weekend and they said that he is the type of guy that goes all out and sticks up for his players and knows what he is doing with his calculated shots at the refs so as to get them to fear the repercussions if they F the Raiders over, especially after last years GF.

Then they said and all agreed that you need to make some noise and challenge the establishment if you want to make them change and give you the rub of the green so to speak or nothing will ever change. That's just the way it works.

When was the last time our beloved coach did any of that? This incident with Junior was a line in the sand moment. He should of made so much noise in the media and challenged the refs and judiciary big time. The media were ALL on his side for this. There was not one analyst that did not think that it was a joke decision and that this is not what that rule was intended for. The pressure would of been massive for them to make the right call and the right call is the one that we ALL could see with our own two eyes. Not Guilty.

So what does our I see nothing, say nothing, make no waves coach do?

Nothing.
100% agree. And this especially applies to when we played the Storm and the crusher tackles. Bellamy said we laid down and the jurnos went to town on Parra. BAs response was he didn't see it and shrug his shoulders. He should have asked why Storm players are always committing fouls and have created a litany of new fouls for some time now, and highlighted the grub NAS for his shoulder charge on Niukore's head. And what happened to NAS and the Storm players with crusher tackles, nothing except a fine to NAS. What a joke.

Glenneel

Bench
No he was very happy to blame our players when he coached us. Embarrassed a dozen of them with the famous whiteboard incident. When he went to Canberra was constantly complaining that he didn't have any origin players. Yeah rock solid.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/a83519fd3ca11dc4d59373c18da64171

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ri...rs-squad-not-good-enough-20140816-104tpg.html
The whiteboard was the best thing to happen to Parra and I congratulate him on that. All the rest from him was just shit.

Glenneel

Bench
Would this be the same Ricky Stuart who had so much influence on the refs that his team got absolutely dudded in last year's grand final? We've actually had the rub of the green on field a fair few times this year (e.g. the first Manly game).

FWIW, I wouldn't mind seeing BA blow up every now and then. But that's not what we were talking about. We were talking about whether to challenge the judiciary charge. Not whether to scream about it.
It appears if you blow up enough your players don't front the judiciary.

Gronk

Staff member
The whiteboard was the best thing to happen to Parra and I congratulate him on that. All the rest from him was just shit.

Sorry it’s not even close to the best thing that has happened to our club. That was 2012. He then walked out and took Papali with him. Then Fat Tony started rort the system because he wanted quick results. Which led us to 2016 and the cap dramas. Meanwhile we were still going shit. How again was it a great time for the club ?

Chipmunk

Coach
Young Tonumaipea has knocked back a 2 yr contract with the Titans. Only 28 and can play fullback, wing and centre. Wouldn't cost the earth and a pretty good player.
Be a good signing

Given the Storm are likely to lose both wingers you'd imagine he is waiting for the Storm to get something done.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I watched 360 the other night and they were talking about Stuart's ref attack on the weekend and they said that he is the type of guy that goes all out and sticks up for his players and knows what he is doing with his calculated shots at the refs so as to get them to fear the repercussions if they F the Raiders over, especially after last years GF.

Then they said and all agreed that you need to make some noise and challenge the establishment if you want to make them change and give you the rub of the green so to speak or nothing will ever change. That's just the way it works.

When was the last time our beloved coach did any of that? This incident with Junior was a line in the sand moment. He should of made so much noise in the media and challenged the refs and judiciary big time. The media were ALL on his side for this. There was not one analyst that did not think that it was a joke decision and that this is not what that rule was intended for. The pressure would of been massive for them to make the right call and the right call is the one that we ALL could see with our own two eyes. Not Guilty.

So what does our I see nothing, say nothing, make no waves coach do?

Nothing.

Yea Arthur seems to be in a weird state. He seems to think that if players act perfectly, make zero errors and play his type of game, we will end up winning the comp.

That seems like a perfect world scenario. The world doesn't work like that. Top teams in the NRL constantly push other teams around, push the media around and push the authority around.

The Roosters are the best example. Remember when they got sick of the Storm leaking stories about Cronk to the media. What did they do? They started leaking stories about Cameron Smith and his Wife controlling the team. The result? Storm went quiet.

As Jose Mourinho says nice guys don't win Football games, You need to be a merkin. He should have protested about a number of incidents by the judiciary this year.

Arthur is playing with fire. He needs to stand up for the players because if shit hits the fan and we have a bad season, players won't stand up for him either and we'll have a Tigers or Warriors scenario of players wanting him out.

TheRam

Coach
Yea Arthur seems to be in a weird state. He seems to think that if players act perfectly, make zero errors and play his type of game, we will end up winning the comp.

That seems like a perfect world scenario. The world doesn't work like that. Top teams in the NRL constantly push other teams around, push the media around and push the authority around.

The Roosters are the best example. Remember when they got sick of the Storm leaking stories about Cronk to the media. What did they do? They started leaking stories about Cameron Smith and his Wife controlling the team. The result? Storm went quiet.

As Jose Mourinho says nice guys don't win Football games, You need to be a merkin. He should have protested about a number of incidents by the judiciary this year.

Arthur is playing with fire. He needs to stand up for the players because if shit hits the fan and we have a bad season, players won't stand up for him either and we'll have a Tigers or Warriors scenario of players wanting him out.

I still reckon Brad Fitler should be our target in 2022 if BA doesn't improve our team next year. Freddy has such a high profile in the game and so many players respect him for what he has done and who he is.

He has matured so much more since his first foray into club coaching all those years ago. He has the clout and credentials in the game to attract players and has a lot of heavy hitters as friends and in his pocket that he could draw and lean on if needed that would like to see him succeed. Sponsors would love him and he would bring in so much wanted publicity every time he fronts the media. The media love him because he knows how to give them stories. When was the last time we had a coach that had that high a profile and a media darling.

I also think he can coach and knows how to get the best out of individuals. Add to that he has already got a great rapport with Moses from their days in the Lebanon camp and I think he is one guy that would work very hard to help Moses improve his game and finally fulfil his talented potential. I think if that ever happened then Parra would be a premiership contender.

Instead we keep going for these no name or middle of the road coaches that never pan out to much. We need the best high profile coach possible and at this point in time Freddy for mine is the man.

Avenger

Immortal
I still reckon Brad Fitler should be our target in 2022 if BA doesn't improve our team next year. Freddy has such a high profile in the game and so many players respect him for what he has done and who he is.

He has matured so much more since his first foray into club coaching all those years ago. He has the clout and credentials in the game to attract players and has a lot of heavy hitters as friends and in his pocket that he could draw and lean on if needed that would like to see him succeed. Sponsors would love him and he would bring in so much wanted publicity every time he fronts the media. The media love him because he knows how to give them stories. When was the last time we had a coach that had that high a profile and a media darling.

I also think he can coach and knows how to get the best out of individuals. Add to that he has already got a great rapport with Moses from their days in the Lebanon camp and I think he is one guy that would work very hard to help Moses improve his game and finally fulfil his talented potential. I think if that ever happened then Parra would be a premiership contender.

Instead we keep going for these no name or middle of the road coaches that never pan out to much. We need the best high profile coach possible and at this point in time Freddy for mine is the man.
Good post, food for thought.

hindy111

Post Whore

Filter was raised with excellent pedigree.
Phil Gould was one of his biggest Influences.
It would be our best signing in history.
Excellent suggestion Ram.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Never gonna happen, Origin is a full time job for part of the year.

Good idea though.

84 Baby

Referee

The only problem I have Fittler, and perhaps with improved club structures it’s less of a problem nowadays, is that I’m not confident in his non-NRL level abilities.
Say what you will about BA’s ability, but he was involved in rebooting our junior pathways and improving culture around the club. I’d hate for a new coach to come in and blow that up and set us back another decade.

Latest posts