What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
On Phil’s site some dude wrote that on 2gb they stated we have signed a former premiership winner and it will be announced in the coming days and that we are in talks with a big name forward unwanted by their current club.

I hope it’s not Benji, Bird or Lodge.

On Phil’s site some dude wrote that on 2gb they stated we have signed a former premiership winner and it will be announced in the coming days and that we are in talks with a big name forward unwanted by their current club.

I'd welcome Benji. Not the other two.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Opacic won the Qld Cup in 2018 with Redcliffe. Come on down! Or didn't Asiata play in the 2015 GF? I know mjc said he wanted too much but maybe we told him to get f**ked and he rolled over.

Last edited:

Angry_eel

First Grade
I'm glad we've passed that time when we used to be linked to every off contract player. However, we're also not signing anyone so maybe it's nill-all.

84 Baby

Referee

Is Lodge a premiership winner?
I’m personally hoping it’s Big Mal to take Waqa’s spot.
It’ll probably be Brent Sherwin or something

It could be the lovechild of these three. A perpetually injured crab who writes expletives on his arms and threatens Americans.

TheRam

Coach
Based on that Brisbane will be keeping Bird. No team would be stupid enough to take him at any more than about $200-250k based on his recent medical history. At that price might be worth a short term punt by Parramatta as a centre. None of the other potential discards are worth a punt imo.

I'd take Lodge on Evans money or less and Bird on 200K and a chance to resurrect his career and to play with a top 4 team with an option in the clubs favour.

The rest I wouldn't go near. They are a big part of why the Broncos ended with the spoon this year. We don't want to go near that type of smell again.