What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think he is worth another year let alone two. He's done IMO his service from dummy half has been dreadful.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I don't think he is worth another year let alone two. He's done IMO his service from dummy half has been dreadful.

Fair enough.

We've been managing to win and score points despite that 'dreadful service'. I hope we have someone else as our starting hooker, but I don't mind him as the backup for another year.
I don't really see a better option that we can cheaply acquire?

ash411

Bench
Who cares how it "looks"? The poloce certainly won't be taking that into account. And the impact of how Semi "takes it" is a matter for the Club welfare team to decide, as they are the ones with a legal duty of care for Semi's ongoing welfare.

Let's say you or I found out today that we'd been charged with something... I'd be wanting my employer to give me the flexibility and (paid) time to deal wuth that - getting the requured legal advice, talking to family and friends and other people for support, tesearching the next steps etc. No way would I want them drmanfing I be at my desk, handling my normal duties or meeting my usual deadlines etc - my mind just wouldn't be on my job.

Semi's no diffrrent - and even if I demanded to keep doing my job (as a way of pretending things are normal, or avoiding having to face what lies ahead) I'd expect my employer to take me aside and say that's not possible for a few days until things settle. Don't stop him coming (back to) training, and don't stop him hanging out with the team in the sheds - just don't let him play the day aftet arriving back (jetlag) and finding out he's charged (and thanks to the media it's all public).

That all matters more than what something looks like...

I'm pretty sure Semi is going to care how it looks.

Do I think if Semi went to BA and asked for time off to organise his defense and curl up with his blankie that BA should say no, of course not. That's ridiculous. But to suggest that Semi be stood down whether he wants it or not isn't fair to him, or his welfare. His way of dealing with it might be to keep his normal routine, playing and training and such.

Besides, If Semi knows he is innocent, he would be worrying about this a lot less than you think he would be. why do you ask? because he knows he is innocent.

If I was accused of murder, and I knew I didn't kill anyone, cause I would know that, then I wouldn't be that stressed about it, obviously if I haven't done it, there's not going to be any proof that I had, unless I was being framed, then I'm probably going to jail no matter what I do.

ash411

Bench

I think his value at dummy half has been in first half defense, setting a good solid foundation for the game, I agree that his attack hasn't been where we need it to be, but his defense in that first half has been very handy for us.

ash411

Bench
What if you killed someone then blocked it out though? You might've been sleepwalking, or in a fugue state.

Then I would still be in the same frame of mind, right? As far as I know, I didn't do it, so I wouldn't be worrying about it.

If it turned out I was sleepwalking or in a fugue state, I wouldn't be convicted anyway, at least not the same way as if I was conscious at the time.

Noise

Coach
The biggest problem here is that it's mostly going to be his word against hers, as she never once sought treatment for any injuries, has no physical evidence, but she can have a friend of hers be a "witness" and that will be all she wrote.

Before I get accused of victim blaming, I'm not saying she is making all this up, If Semi actually did this stuff, there should be some sort of proof. If it's true, I'm totally on her side, there's no excusing it away, nothing she could have done warrants that.

Now, the thing that annoys me the most in these cases, why is it a big deal for her now? why not between 12-24 months ago when she's claiming this happened? I know if I was a woman, and my boyfriend/husband/whatever hit or even attempted to hit me, I'd be out of there so fast I'd leave a smoke trail behind me, right to the police. But now that they've separated, all of a sudden it's an issue that she needs to go to the cops to.

We don't know that. If there was any bruising or anything similar she may have taken a photo of it. There may be text message exchanges between the two that indicate what went on

ash411

Bench
We don't know that. If there was any bruising or anything similar she may have taken a photo of it. There may be text message exchanges between the two that indicate what went on

That's true. But we don't know that either, do we?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Then I would still be in the same frame of mind, right? As far as I know, I didn't do it, so I wouldn't be worrying about it.

Yeah but now I've warned you about the possibility you probably should be worrying. When is your court date?

If it turned out I was sleepwalking or in a fugue state, I wouldn't be convicted anyway, at least not the same way as if I was conscious at the time.

Well mate, I hope so for your sake.

Stevie

Bench
When I die I'd like Parramatta officials and players to lower me into my coffin.

Just so they can let me down one more time.

emjaycee

Coach

ash411

Bench
Yeah but now I've warned you about the possibility you probably should be worrying. When is your court date?

Well mate, I hope so for your sake.

I think it's like, Monday or something.

Thanks Pou, I'll let the judge know, he'll definitely go easy on me with your ringing endorsement.

emjaycee

Coach
Who cares how it "looks"? The poloce certainly won't be taking that into account. And the impact of how Semi "takes it" is a matter for the Club welfare team to decide, as they are the ones with a legal duty of care for Semi's ongoing welfare.

Let's say you or I found out today that we'd been charged with something... I'd be wanting my employer to give me the flexibility and (paid) time to deal wuth that - getting the requured legal advice, talking to family and friends and other people for support, tesearching the next steps etc. No way would I want them drmanfing I be at my desk, handling my normal duties or meeting my usual deadlines etc - my mind just wouldn't be on my job.

Semi's no diffrrent - and even if I demanded to keep doing my job (as a way of pretending things are normal, or avoiding having to face what lies ahead) I'd expect my employer to take me aside and say that's not possible for a few days until things settle. Don't stop him coming (back to) training, and don't stop him hanging out with the team in the sheds - just don't let him play the day aftet arriving back (jetlag) and finding out he's charged (and thanks to the media it's all public).

That all matters more than what something looks like...

Jetlag on a 4 hour flight going east to west is not that common.

Gronk

Staff member
Troubled Parramatta star Semi Radradra has told the NRL club he wants to play against Cronulla.

Radradra snuck into training on Friday morning and bypassed the media as coach Brad Arthur spoke to reporters.

Radradra’s first training session in two weeks lasted 45 minutes and it came hours after he was arrested by police after his arrival in Sydney from Fiji.

He was charged with three counts of domestic violence against his ex-partner in 2014 and 2015.

Radradra was released on conditional bail.

Earlier Arthur said he would give Radradra the option of standing down from his side’s NRL clash against the Sharks on Saturday night.

“I don’t know a lot about it. It’s happened really quickly. I tried to put in a call this morning and I’m not sure where it’s at,” Arthur said before the training session.

Asked whether he would give Radradra the option of standing down, Arthur said: “Yes.”

Pressed further on whether Radradra would be in the right frame of mind to play, he said: “Like I said, I haven’t spoken to Semi (so) we’ll talk to him and see where he’s at.

“The first process is we need to talk to Semi and his manager and see how he is. The priority for us is his welfare at the moment. Until I’ve spoken to him, it’s very hard.

“Whether I’m happy with it or not, that’s just how it is. That’s the situation.

“We need to talk to Semi and need to go through the whole process. We need to speak to the NRL. There’s a lot of stuff to happen.”

Parramatta confirmed they were aware of the charges on Friday morning, and that they would work closely with the NRL’s integrity unit on the matter.

“This is a serious matter and the club is treating it as such,” director Geoff Gerard said.

“In accordance with our club’s values, Semi will be afforded the presumption of innocence.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/01/semi-radradra-in-bid-to-play-in-nrl-this-weekend

ash411

Bench
No we don't. But you said there is "no physical evidence". No idea how you could claim that.

Pretty much what Pou said. I can claim there isn't any because we haven't seen it.

Maybe I should have said "No physical evidence as yet" but we're arguing semantics at that point.

Gronk

Staff member
Joshua Lowcock
‏@LowcockJoshua
@josh_massoud any truth to Siose Vave heading to parra next year?

Josh Massoud ‏@josh_massoud 8m8 minutes ago
Josh Massoud Retweeted Joshua Lowcock
They've made a two year offer that's superior to the money available @SeaEagles

Gronk

Staff member
Adam Hawse ‏@AdamHawse 1h1 hour ago Sydney, New South Wales
Eels players just cheered & sprayed Semi with water at end of team huddle. All seems happy at Parraville.

Latest posts