What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Swiftstylez

Bench
Its not just Greenies that think marriage should be for every type of couple OMC.

Well over 50% of Australians belive in marriage equality - welcome to 2016 :D.

Hahaha what a loser. "It's 2016" is not an argument no more than it's been that way for 2000 years. There are plenty of asian countries in this region with more conservative views than our center right nation.

There are also people with views on the issue on both sides of politics. It's the political class that should not get to decide on the issue hence the plebicite. That is democracy, disagreeing with gay marriage does not make one homophobic. It is saying that you value the institution of traditional marriage as a pillar of society. The other sides argument is quite obvious and you can read it in the mainstream media every day, like hires like. Opinion polls are biased especially when comissioned by certain news companies. People are very good at hiding what they really think hence the surprise of Donald Trump

It is not the most important issue at the election anyway. I see both sides of the argument as legitimite in a democratic society. At the end of the day most people in the west don't give a shit what your sexual identity is as long as you don't impose it on them and that's esentially what a change in marriage is argued by some will lead to.

Last edited:

caylo

Bench
Watmough was different wasn't he?

Brought in to be a marquee player, certainly not brought in on the cheap...

As I said before, IDG might have wanted $150k to play next season.
We offer $80k for next year and $75k the second year, so he is ONLY on our books for minimum next year (ie, frees up $70k), but he still gets the contract he was after, just plays reserves the following year (or sits it out injured etc).

For 80k I'd keep him for 2 years because essentially he is not costing us anything. 80k is the minimum for top 25 so if he is the 25th highest paid player or the 30th highest paid player it will contribute the same to our cap.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I think you either completely missed my point, or don't understand the Latin phrase that you have trotted out. But anyway.....

You reduced the argument one side has to a logical fallacy of absurdity... that's not what some people argue. But anyway...

See what happened to David Cameron when he didn't let the public decide on gay marriage? Brexit, his gamble to win his base back that he did not expect. In a democracy you ask the people or you will suffer the consequences. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs without being subjected to thought crimes. As long as those beliefs aren't violent (and the left LOVES violence to silence)

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just on Robson, a good signing IMO. He's the type of "Mr Fix it" we need with injuries and players been let go recently.

ash411

Bench
You reduced the argument one side has to a logical fallacy of absurdity... that's not what some people argue. But anyway...

See what happened to David Cameron when he didn't let the public decide on gay marriage? Brexit, his gamble to win his base back that he did not expect. In a democracy you ask the people or you will suffer the consequences. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs without being subjected to thought crimes. As long as those beliefs aren't violent (and the left LOVES violence to silence)

Can you explain to me how letting same sex couples marry will effect my marriage?

I've never been able to understand that side of the argument. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Can you explain to me how letting same sex couples marry will effect my marriage?

I've never been able to understand that side of the argument. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Agreed. There are plenty of hetero marriages that shit all over the institution. Why should the gays be singled out?

Kornstar

Coach

I'll never understand why people want to get married. Makes no difference. It is a piece of paper that somehow validates an existence?

I married my wife cause she thought it was important for some reason, for me I don't get it.

Marriage has effectively been deemed to be between a man and a women over many religions and cultures etc? Now the LGBT (and whatever other letters they've added) community want to be a part of it to validate their sexuality? They are happy to be referred to as the LGBT community as a group but marriage equality will make them feel "normal", yet they are happy with the LGBT tag to give them an identity?

Something that really bothers me though is why is it L (lesbian) G (gay) B (bi) T (trans). Aren't lesbian and gay the same thing? Why do they need to seperate it? I assume it is cause lesbians would get upset if it were just GBT and them not get an identity?

I actually don't care who gets married, as ash has said, it doesn't affect me one iota and I don't follow any religion so there is nothing inherent in me that is against it but I do see why some people would have issues with it when it goes against there whole belief system. It's like those people who are Parra fans and don't hate the Bulldogs or Manly.......

eels_fan

First Grade
No we don't. But you said there is "no physical evidence". No idea how you could claim that.

One article claims that Semi's partner attended hospital after one incident and named him as the culprit, so Semi is named in the hospital report. Another incident was apparently witnessed by a third party

Latest posts