What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I said from the beginning that this Abbott plebiscite will only create unnecessary negativity towards the LGBT community.

As Obama said the other day with Canadian PM Trudeau by his side

I’m proud to be the first American President to stand with a Canadian Prime Minister and be able to .... reaffirm that our diversity is our strength – whether your family was among the first native peoples to live on these lands or refugees we welcomed just yesterday. Whether you pray in a church or a synagogue, or a temple, or a mosque. Where, no matter what province or state you live in, you have the freedom to marry the person that you love.

It's as simple as that. The Freedom to marry the person you love.

ash411

Bench
One article claims that Semi's partner attended hospital after one incident and named him as the culprit, so Semi is named in the hospital report. Another incident was apparently witnessed by a third party

If the witness is her best friend, I'm gonna be skeptical.

They didn't say that he was definitely named on the hospitals records, she mentioned it later when we was in giving birth, so the papers said it could be on the medical record. Not is, could be.

But then, every word she is saying could be true, of course that's possible. But if she is going to essentially destroy a mans life, he'd better be guilty.

I don't think the penalty for falsely accusing someone of a serious offence is harsh enough. It's a real problem that exists and no one seems to make that big a deal of it, why is that?

If it is true then he should have the book thrown at him, NRL should deregister him for minimum 12mths as well.
If it's not true this have damaged his reputation and nothing will fix it, not like he can sue her for damages.
Bit like when Brett Stewart got his name dragged through the mud, and cost his a future in lawyers.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I said from the beginning that this Abbott plebiscite will only create unnecessary negativity towards the LGBT community.

As Obama said the other day with Canadian PM Trudeau by his side

I?m proud to be the first American President to stand with a Canadian Prime Minister and be able to .... reaffirm that our diversity is our strength ? whether your family was among the first native peoples to live on these lands or refugees we welcomed just yesterday. Whether you pray in a church or a synagogue, or a temple, or a mosque. Where, no matter what province or state you live in, you have the freedom to marry the person that you love.

and the decision had nothing to do with Obama

it was decided by their Supreme Court http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33290341

I don't think the penalty for falsely accusing someone of a serious offence is harsh enough. It's a real problem that exists and no one seems to make that big a deal of it, why is that?
That's 100% correct. There should be large fines or Jail terms for thos who falsely accuse someone of something. Would stop about 50% of cases in their tracks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

You need to let go of this idea that politicians are leaders who influence our values. They are mere representatives, who reflect our values.

And most importantly, to divorce the person you don't love.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I'll never understand why people want to get married. Makes no difference. It is a piece of paper that somehow validates an existence?

I married my wife cause she thought it was important for some reason, for me I don't get it.

Marriage has effectively been deemed to be between a man and a women over many religions and cultures etc? Now the LGBT (and whatever other letters they've added) community want to be a part of it to validate their sexuality? They are happy to be referred to as the LGBT community as a group but marriage equality will make them feel "normal", yet they are happy with the LGBT tag to give them an identity?

Something that really bothers me though is why is it L (lesbian) G (gay) B (bi) T (trans). Aren't lesbian and gay the same thing? Why do they need to seperate it? I assume it is cause lesbians would get upset if it were just GBT and them not get an identity?

I actually don't care who gets married, as ash has said, it doesn't affect me one iota and I don't follow any religion so there is nothing inherent in me that is against it but I do see why some people would have issues with it when it goes against there whole belief system. It's like those people who are Parra fans and don't hate the Bulldogs or Manly.......

Yes, but how do you feel about married gay Parramatta fans?

ash411

Bench
Here's an interesting question for the group.

Hypothetical Situation: Let's say a football player is out-of-the-closet gay. Now, let's say he lives with his partner, and they break up, among accusations of the football player abusing his partner.

Do you think the media latches onto it? or does it even make the news? Do you think Erin Moylan makes a speech about it on the Footy Show?

hybrideel

Bench
I'll never understand why people want to get married. Makes no difference. It is a piece of paper that somehow validates an existence?

I married my wife cause she thought it was important for some reason, for me I don't get it.

Marriage has effectively been deemed to be between a man and a women over many religions and cultures etc? Now the LGBT (and whatever other letters they've added) community want to be a part of it to validate their sexuality? They are happy to be referred to as the LGBT community as a group but marriage equality will make them feel "normal", yet they are happy with the LGBT tag to give them an identity?

Something that really bothers me though is why is it L (lesbian) G (gay) B (bi) T (trans). Aren't lesbian and gay the same thing? Why do they need to seperate it? I assume it is cause lesbians would get upset if it were just GBT and them not get an identity?

I actually don't care who gets married, as ash has said, it doesn't affect me one iota and I don't follow any religion so there is nothing inherent in me that is against it but I do see why some people would have issues with it when it goes against there whole belief system. It's like those people who are Parra fans and don't hate the Bulldogs or Manly.......

I think one of the reasons they want to be able to get married is that they need the law to recognise their partnership. Lesbian friends on mine have kids and if something happened to the biological mother, the other mother currently doesn't have any legal standing to keep the kids.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I dont know much about bail conditions or what not but if semi has been charged and out on conditional bail. If it doesnt get resolved to next year does that mean semi cant leave the country and return home to fiji whenever he likes until the case is finished

Parra47

Juniors
I dont know much about bail conditions or what not but if semi has been charged and out on conditional bail. If it doesnt get resolved to next year does that mean semi cant leave the country and return home to fiji whenever he likes until the case is finished

It depends on the bail conditions placed on him. If one of the conditions is not to leave Australia, then yes he can not return to Fiji or anywhere else until the bail condition is lifted, usually after the matter has been finalised at Court.

Parra47

Juniors
Looks like Jeff Robson is official.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/07/01/robson_returns_to_ee.html

Interesting to see if he plays any NRL before the season ends.

He's an interesting signing by BA. I don't rate him at NRL level. I think he's failed too many times over the years to deliver.
Having said that, BA must see something in him to sign him for the remainder of the year and it shows he is still hell bent on us making the finals despite the shocking year we are having. He's clearly not a quitter.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
He's an interesting signing by BA. I don't rate him at NRL level. I think he's failed too many times over the years to deliver.
Having said that, BA must see something in him to sign him for the remainder of the year and it shows he is still hell bent on us making the finals despite the shocking year we are having. He's clearly not a quitter.

More of a stop-gap signing to get us through till the end of year i would say. Corey norman is the only recognised half available at the club and he future is uncertain once his court date happens on july 13.

Latest posts