What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

You reduced the argument one side has to a logical fallacy of absurdity... that's not what some people argue. But anyway...

See what happened to David Cameron when he didn't let the public decide on gay marriage? Brexit, his gamble to win his base back that he did not expect. In a democracy you ask the people or you will suffer the consequences. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs without being subjected to thought crimes. As long as those beliefs aren't violent (and the left LOVES violence to silence)

No I didn't. I was having a bit of a joke you goose. My OP was not responding to any of your posts (or any particular post, or even any particular side of the debate). Do you really think that I believed that people thought that making gay marriage mandatory was on the agenda?

Where the f**k did I say anything that has anything to do with your 2nd paragraph?

Swiftstylez

Bench
No I didn't. I was having a bit of a joke you goose. My OP was not responding to any of your posts (or any particular post, or even any particular side of the debate). Do you really think that I believed that people thought that making gay marriage mandatory was on the agenda?

Where the f**k did I say anything that has anything to do with your 2nd paragraph?

There are people that think that some people are only against gay marriage because it wil make people gay. So... idc, get back on the semi debate

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta will disregard advice from the NRL not to play Semi Radradra on Saturday night, opting to stand by their embattled winger in light of domestic violence charges.

Eels interim boss Ian Schubert and the head of the NRL's integrity unit Nick Weeks shared different points of view throughout several conversations surrounding the immediate future of Radradra.

The NRL will not interfere or force the Eels to stand him down, however Fairfax Media understands the code believes the winger should be stood down based on all the factors that have dominated the headlines for the past week.

The NRL believes his decision not to return to training on time and the fact he has seemingly held the game to ransom with the threat of leaving to play French rugby isn't a good look for the sport.

The 24-year-old, who returned to training on Friday morning after a 12-day hiatus in Fiji, was given the option of sitting out Saturday night's clash against Cronulla.

However despite coach Brad Arthur leaving the door open for Radradra not to play, the Australian winger will take the field against the table-topping Sharks.

"I've asked Semi if he wants to sit out but he has told me he wants to play," Arthur told Fairfax Media. "I want to do what's best for Semi and I'm sticking by him."

The Eels are reluctant to abandon their winger in his hour of need and will provide him the presumption of innocence.

There is a belief at the club that standing him down will be perceived as a sign of guilt and have decided to stick by Radradra as he prepares to face court on Tuesday after former partner Perina Ting made a complaint to police about alleged domestic violence offences that occurred in 2014 and 2015.

The Eels could have stood him down based on the fact he arrived two days late to training but instead have decided to play him in what is shaping up as a grand final-like match against Cronulla.

If Parramatta manage to upset the Sharks, they have a relatively easy draw ahead with the Roosters, Panthers Titans, Tigers and Sea Eagles over the next five weeks.

Radradra avoided the media circus when he snuck into training during Brad Arthur's press conference, and appeared in good spirits during the captain's run despite being hauled in by police when landing at Sydney airport last night.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ulla-despite-nrl-warning-20160701-gpwebq.html

El Diablo

Post Whore
why would we stand him down based on media speculation that he was going to France?

John Grant is an idiot

Gronk

Staff member
SEMI Radradra’s manager George Christodoulou has confirmed the Parramatta star will see out his contract with the Eels and plans on fighting the domestic violence charges levelled against him.

Reportedly able to make $35,000 per game if he defected to rugby, Radradra returned to Australia after a week in Fiji where his return to the NRL was the subject of great debate.

Asked whether Radradra will see out his contract which expires at the end of 2017, Christodoulou replied; “yes he will.

Christodoulou also confirmed that the Test flyer had a deal on the table from French club Bordeaux but denied there was anything sinister in his dealings.

“We went through the front door,” he said on Friday.

“It was never a ‘run and hide’ (and) do a ‘Sonny Bill’ as reported. We went through the front door and proposed to Parramatta and proposed to the NRL. (We) said to the NRL ‘can Semi do a sabbatical stint in rugby union for the back end of this season and over the off-season?’

“The NRL came back with their stance and there policy is we can’t be promoting other codes.

“Semi’s contracted to the NRL. We were happy to respect that and Semi respect that.

“That and why he’s back here and going to fulfil his contract with the Eels.

“He’s happy to be back here and fulfil his contract with the Eels.”

Christodoulou admits there was a financial attraction which sparked talk of a move to rugby, while the winger was also looking for an opportunity to clear his head in a new environment, away from the troubles in his life.

Those troubles led to Radradra being charged with three counts of domestic violence against his ex-partner in 2014 and 2015.

He was released on conditional bail after NSW Police took him into custody when he arrived at Sydney Airport from Fiji on Thursday night.

Christodoulou stated his client plans on fighting the charges laid against him.

“100 per cent we’ll be fighting the allegations,” Christodoulou said.

“Not guilty, 100 per cent.”

The winger joined his Eels teammates on Friday morning and is expected to play against Cronulla on Saturday night.

It’s understood the troubled star has told the NRL club he wants to play.

Radradra’s first training session in two weeks lasted 45 minutes and it came

Radradra snuck into training on Friday morning and bypassed the media as coach Brad Arthur spoke to reporters.

Asked whether he would give Radradra the option of standing down, Arthur said: “Yes.”

Pressed further on whether Radradra would be in the right frame of mind to play, he said: “Like I said, I haven’t spoken to Semi (so) we’ll talk to him and see where he’s at.

“The first process is we need to talk to Semi and his manager and see how he is. The priority for us is his welfare at the moment. Until I’ve spoken to him, it’s very hard.

“Whether I’m happy with it or not, that’s just how it is. That’s the situation.

“We need to talk to Semi and need to go through the whole process. We need to speak to the NRL. There’s a lot of stuff to happen.”

Radradra will appear in Parramatta Local Court next Tuesday after being granted conditional bail.

— with AAP
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's an interesting signing by BA. I don't rate him at NRL level. I think he's failed too many times over the years to deliver.

Failed to deliver what? What do you think we've signed him for? What do you think previous clubs have signed him for?

Gronk

Staff member
I thought Robbo at the Sharks was the glue that kept the side together during a really rough period.

Kornstar

Coach
Yes, but how do you feel about married gay Parramatta fans?

Probably the same as I think about other Parra fans.

I think one of the reasons they want to be able to get married is that they need the law to recognise their partnership. Lesbian friends on mine have kids and if something happened to the biological mother, the other mother currently doesn't have any legal standing to keep the kids.

Then fight for that if that's all they want.

It is interesting that people who are gay have urges to have children. You were born only attracted to the same sex and what comes with that is the fact that you can't procreate because our make up only lets a male and female reproduce (that is nature and indisputable), yet they want kids.

Seems like want the best of both worlds. How do females choose who the actual mother is? How do males choose who the actual father is?

I don't really care but it is something that I find interesting.

Gronk

Staff member
Probably the same as I think about other Parra fans.

Then fight for that if that's all they want.

It is interesting that people who are gay have urges to have children. You were born only attracted to the same sex and what comes with that is the fact that you can't procreate because our make up only lets a male and female reproduce (that is nature and indisputable), yet they want kids.

Seems like want the best of both worlds. How do females choose who the actual mother is? How do males choose who the actual father is?

I don't really care but it is something that I find interesting.

Do you think that your intolerance is ingrained ?

forward pass

Coach
If Parramatta manage to upset the Sharks, they have a relatively easy draw ahead with the Roosters, Panthers Titans, Tigers and Sea Eagles over the next five weeks.

Easy draw? Panthers are on fire and in the top 8 and the Titans game is away - always tough to beat and they are playing well. As are the Tigers with Tedesco back. It could be worse I know, but calling it 'easy' is simply ridiculous.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And the Roosters have nearly there full side back and were unlucky not to win the last couple of weeks.

Kornstar

Coach
Do you think that your intolerance is ingrained ?

Because I have thoughts that aren't the same as yours? You are the problem with this world. Belittling people for sharing thoughts that differ from yours.

If gay people were supposed to have kids then males and males and females and females could have kids naturally.

Now whether gay couples aren't equipped to actually raised children is ridiculous, of course they are and they will be great parents, I know some.

Doesn't mean that when you think about things logically and naturally that you can't find it interesting.

Easy draw? Panthers are on fire and in the top 8 and the Titans game is away - always tough to beat and they are playing well. As are the Tigers with Tedesco back. It could be worse I know, but calling it 'easy' is simply ridiculous.
No easy games in the NRL.
He had a tough nights against Newcastle and they have only won 1 game all year.