What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
All the goss is Cam Smith possibly going to Show Ponys

How good would it be if they ended up having a worse season than last year ie. less wins across more games, with him in the side. Its mouth watering

#daretodream
Hopefully he goes there for round 2.

Smith won't go to the Broncos, they are a mess at present and even him playing there won't lift them to the finals as the forward pack is poo.
Titans on the other look like they have a finals team already, Add Smith and they are a threat to the premiership.
If you were Smith and had 1 or 2 seasons left in you would you got to a team rebuilding or a team on the rise?

Incorrect

Coach
I reckon the chances are he'll be a Bronco. It all feels like the time Buddy Franklin was a laydown misere to go to the Giant's and then Bam, at the 11th hour, he goes with the big brand instead of new kid on the block... Could even be a 2 year deal, and they rissole Walters and Cam Smith will go straight into head coach role with Bellamy as coaching director

Bandwagon

Staff member
Where ever he ends up, I'm curious to see how much at the Storm is Bellamy, and how much is Smith.

We know how SOO ended up, but i don't think the coach has as much influence there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brisbane won’t be anywhere near as bad as 2020. And if Smith goes there they will make the 8.
Yep. They made the eight in 2019 (as they did the five years before that) and even finished top four in 2017 and 2015 (where they made the grand final). Merkins are forgetting what a strong club they are and how massive their recruitment/retention advantages. The 2020 wooden spoon was nice but it was absolutely the outlier. The last time they missed the finals was 2013. Before that it was 2010. They have never missed the finals two years in a row, and like us after 2018, they will bounce back.