What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
What Hindy and I have been saying all along. We and V'Landy's are in sync. In particular the Penrith praise. Parra need to go to the next level on our development side of things.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...ion-despite-great-divide-20210403-p57gb3.html

‘We won’t promote mediocrity’: NRL pushing ahead with expansion despite great divide

“You don’t introduce measures that are going to promote mediocrity.

“It’s up to the clubs to look at their rosters and their systems. Why can Melbourne be so successful? Why can the Roosters and Souths be so successful?

“You can use that as a model. They all have the same money, so they have to look at how they spend their money.

“Why is Penrith so successful? Because they look after participation.

“They get rewarded for being proactive. I take my hat off to Penrith because they are a club that everyone should look at. Look at how much they spend on junior development, how much they spend on junior participation. Look at the initiative to go into country areas and start up their academies.

“Rather than talking about lopsided games, let’s look at the teams that are models to be looked at for success.

...“Because it’s all about how you get your roster and grow your participation.

...V’landys put the onus back on struggling clubs to improve their performances.

“When you look at the successful clubs, the common element is not just the roster; it’s the program they have to bring players through,” he said.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What Hindy and I have been saying all along. We and V'Landy's are in sync. In particular the Penrith praise. Parra need to go to the next level on our development side of things.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we...ion-despite-great-divide-20210403-p57gb3.html

‘We won’t promote mediocrity’: NRL pushing ahead with expansion despite great divide

“It’s up to the clubs to look at their rosters and their systems. Why can Melbourne be so successful? Why can the Roosters and Souths be so successful?
Geography. Maybe the weaker clubs should all relocate to the inner city.
“You can use that as a model. They all have the same money, so they have to look at how they spend their money.
They certainly do not all have the same amount of money. Does he mean they have the same salary cap? The key to beating the salary cap is spending more money in other areas, including support staff and junior recruitment, which also cost money.

“They get rewarded for being proactive. I take my hat off to Penrith because they are a club that everyone should look at. Look at how much they spend on junior development, how much they spend on junior participation. Look at the initiative to go into country areas and start up their academies.
All this shit costs money. Is it a coincidence the wealthier clubs are doing it better?
“Rather than talking about lopsided games, let’s look at the teams that are models to be looked at for success.

...V’landys put the onus back on struggling clubs to improve their performances.

“When you look at the successful clubs, the common element is not just the roster; it’s the program they have to bring players through,” he said.
He must be talking about the program that is free to set up and run.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Buck passing at its best.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Not her go.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...ulting-northies-bouncers-20210404-p57gdf.html
NRLW star Nita Maynard has been charged after allegedly assaulting two security guards outside of Northies on Friday night.

The 28-year-old allegedly was asked to leave the infamous Cronulla pub around 9pm before she became aggressive to staff.

She allegedly assaulted two security guards outside the venue before police were called to the premises. She allegedly had to be restrained until police arrived.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not her go.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...ulting-northies-bouncers-20210404-p57gdf.html
NRLW star Nita Maynard has been charged after allegedly assaulting two security guards outside of Northies on Friday night.

The 28-year-old allegedly was asked to leave the infamous Cronulla pub around 9pm before she became aggressive to staff.

She allegedly assaulted two security guards outside the venue before police were called to the premises. She allegedly had to be restrained until police arrived.
She has made a legit push for equality here. Good on her.