What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
I like Reed but I don't care about him. NRL fans can't have favorite players or even players they like in a time when they go have dinner with a bitter rivals coach. The players are just bodies as I see it.
The Eels played our best footy without him in the end so I'll back the club if we lose him because a weak club wants to pay too much.
Good rising talent but possibly over rated certainly injury prone and bound to get injured a lot in the next few years.
I think our O'Neil should go out on the town with some hookers to make him jealous.

emjaycee

Coach
Reed will be a elite hooker in 12 months, I'd have him in my team over any other hooker in the NRL at present.
Higher ceiling than Those 2 storm hookers.
Should be offering $600k+ a year for 4 years, that will be unders in 2 seasons.
Isnt that less than the Bulldogs reported offer though?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Wreed isn't even in the top 4 hookers in the NRL at the moment. Pump the breaks on the hyperbole.
It goes Kouribiti, Cook, Smith, Grant then Wreed.
Yeah but that will change quickly

Koroisau is 29 he won't have much football left.

Damien Cook is 30 the current Australian hooker but lets be honest once he loses his zip he will be less dangerous.

Harry Grant - is overrated at this stage just because he played for QLD doesn't mean his in the top 3 hookers in the game. The guy hasnt proven himself over 80 mins. The one game he started in was against Parramatta and was probably his worst ever game he has played.

When smith went off early in the PF Grant wasnt effective there either. He also had more injuries then reed this year.

Brandon Smith i rate but also plays a very physical game i cant see him playing into his 30s. He puts his body where no man should

T-Boon

Coach
yes, but do you think we need to match the dogs offer to keep him?
I don't, much more chance of success here in the next 2-3 years than there is there.
Yep, good point. Barrett is handsome but he is a bad coach and Gould will sack him next year. Barrett is worse than BA as a coach and just as boring (imagine having dinner with Barrett or BA or worse still Gould - try keeping your food down with Gould's head at the table).

Eelementary

Post Whore
The point is Lussick was classed as a NSW cup level hooker or borderline NRL one. Yet we looked ok with him. We could probably sign him back up for about the 200-250k range.
I want Mahoney to stay but what is his cost? If it is 700k I think it is borderline overs. I would of thought around 500k is his worth. At 700k you need to think how much extra value he adds over a Lussick level.

If I build a good side it is like this and in order. When I say good I mean origin level or close.

1. 2 X STRONG PROPS
2. A good halfback
3. 1 X LINE BREAKING 2ND ROWER
4. An explosive and creative Fullback
5. A creative back with some X factor. Centre or wing.
6. A Good hooker.

After that you just fill areas but these 7 should be filled before you look at other positions improving.

If you don't have a good pack going forward, A halfback who can direct the play and some explosiveness out wide then I feel a great hooker becomes irrelevant. He will be unable to do a lot and just become a tackling bag. Just how I would build a side.

People may think I am crazy thinking a x factor back is more important then a good hooker but my reason being is if the defense is retreating the no 9 just needs to fire a quick pass and let the halves take control. A guy like MJ or SEMI in their primes will turn it into points. An OPACIC will not.

I agree.

Every player - reagradless of how good the are - has a maximum value.

I'd hate to lose Mahoney, but honestly - I'd hate keeping him for overs, and unbalancing our squad, more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah but that will change quickly

Koroisau is 29 he won't have much football left.

Damien Cook is 30 the current Australian hooker but lets be honest once he loses his zip he will be less dangerous.

Harry Grant - is overrated at this stage just because he played for QLD doesn't mean his in the top 3 hookers in the game. The guy hasnt proven himself over 80 mins. The one game he started in was against Parramatta and was probably his worst ever game he has played.

When smith went off early in the PF Grant wasnt effective there either. He also had more injuries then reed this year.

Brandon Smith i rate but also plays a very physical game i cant see him playing into his 30s. He puts his body where no man should
Grant was awesome for the Tigers last year.

What did Scott do? Was it just lots of bad behaviour while drunk?

Yeh, and not telling the board the truth when asked about it (I believe). In his latest effort he is alleged to have punched someone in the chops at a pub at 2am (to be fair it is a condition of entry at that bar that you must punch at least someone in the head if you are still there after midnight, and if you're still there at 4am you have to stab a biker in the neck). He has pleaded not guilty. He previously got very sleepy in a park and got tasered, but all charges were thrown out.

Latest posts