What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeh, and not telling the board the truth when asked about it (I believe). In his latest effort he is alleged to have punched someone in the chops at a pub at 2am (to be fair it is a condition of entry at that bar that you must punch at least someone in the head if you are still there after midnight, and if you're still there at 4am you have to stab a biker in the neck). He has pleaded not guilty. He previously got very sleepy in a park and got tasered, but all charges were thrown out.

Some young guy on the piss. He never abused or hurt a female partner or bashed anyone.
I think many NRL players have done far worse than this kid who enjoys a drinks. BA will sort him out

Some young guy on the piss. He never abused or hurt a female partner or bashed anyone.
I think many NRL players have done far worse than this kid who enjoys a drinks. BA will sort him out

Well, he did (allegedly) bash someone. But I'm fine with giving him a go. The concern is whether he can stay off the piss completely for a year (or at least for the rugby league season). I hope that he can. He's in a bit of a Todd Carney situation.

Noise

Coach
He just got sacked for bashing someone (allegedly)

Avenger

Immortal

hindy111

Post Whore

Quit? Or contract ended and going to take another one. I assume he is still here for 2022.

On Marata he is hardly a star. Just a good tough hard running player. These type come and go. I don't recall him breaking the line or offloading. When we lost Manu Mau I was dissapointed as he was a real talent. Guys like Marata are not worth getting into bidding wars for.

Gazzamatta

Coach
L
I’ve heard we have or are at least close to signing depth hooker Brendan Hands from the Panthers. Was a gun junior but Covid has stalled his development last couple of years.
Looks a likely prospect. Alternates between 9 and 6. Great news if it happens. Might mean Roach is goneskis.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Quit? Or contract ended and going to take another one. I assume he is still here for 2022.

On Marata he is hardly a star. Just a good tough hard running player. These type come and go. I don't recall him breaking the line or offloading. When we lost Manu Mau I was dissapointed as he was a real talent. Guys like Marata are not worth getting into bidding wars for.

Warriors paid him $2.5 million over 4 years.

Good luck to Marata he can set up his family he deserves it been a good servant has done all has been asked when in first grade and shuffled around.

But clubs wonder why they are in salary cap trouble.

They could well have paid that for papali'i to go back there

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but he is, at least, in the top four hookers in the NRL. The bigger question, though, is: if we lose him, who do we replace him with? We would really want to have a plan B in place before we decided no to beat all other offers.
This is why I'd be inclined to pay (slight) overs for Mahoney. In general you want to avoid paying overs, no matter how good a player is, but sometimes lack of other options makes a dude less replaceable.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, he did (allegedly) bash someone. But I'm fine with giving him a go. The concern is whether he can stay off the piss completely for a year (or at least for the rugby league season). I hope that he can. He's in a bit of a Todd Carney situation.
Yep. Some dudes can't be trusted to just have a couple of beers. They need to have zero beers while they're still in a position to not have more than that.

Latest posts