What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
I didn’t say we had to. Tigers we’re offering stupid money. I don’t blame him for going. I would have too. I think Parra did the right thing. And we should do the same with Gutherson as well. Take it or leave it
I know you didn’t buddy. The thing is this. I know he had a great year but he doesn’t even look like a Rugby League footballer to me. His frame compared to his performance shocks me. He reminds me of the midget in Jack Ass. When I compare him physically to other players I can’t believe he can get over the top of them. He must have plenty of natural strength.

I know you didn’t buddy. The thing is this. I know he had a great year but he doesn’t even look like a Rugby League footballer to me. His frame compared to his performance shocks me. He reminds me of the midget in Jack Ass. When I compare him physically to other players I can’t believe he can get over the top of them. He must have plenty of natural strength.
Yeah he’s one of those players that is just strong as. It’s a shame he’s going but the club is doing the right thing. Tigers are desperate. Papa is doing the right thing by his family. He is the jackpot with the tigers good on him.

hindy111

Post Whore
If we lost Mahoney it will be a mess.

Anyhows I'd blow it all up now. Let Gutherson go and build for 24/25.
We still can have a crack in 2022

Chipmunk

Coach
Niukore and Papali'i offer value at their current price, but offer no value to anyone at the prices they're apparently now going to be paid elsewhere. The only issue for us is that their current salaries combined would unlikely be more than something that started with a 4.

eels_fan

First Grade
I don't think its panic stations. Papa is a massive loss but for all we know it was a one off amazing season and in 2022 he goes back to getting injured regularly. Even $500k on the basis of one good season is a risk, anything over it was nuts - so goodluck to him and the tigers.

We should be able to replace his position in the squad with an equally value for money buy, and then the additional money we had offered him can go to retaining Reed & Paulo

If we somehow lost Reed too though - then i think the red lights come on.

Some nutter on FB reckons Mahoney to dogs is done and contract is being signed today, and Paulo is close to joining him there. I dont give much credence to it - but if that happened everyone needs to walk.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The only issue for us is that their current salaries combined would unlikely be more than something that started with a 4.
You are basing that on their current contracts.

But for 2023 we offered Papa something like $425k and I think I read some where something similar for Marata.

So that’s $700-$800k or so now free for 2023 plus the 2022 upgrade offer for Papa…..plenty to play around with looking for replacements..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think its panic stations. Papa is a massive loss but for all we know it was a one off amazing season and in 2022 he goes back to getting injured regularly. Even $500k on the basis of one good season is a risk, anything over it was nuts - so goodluck to him and the tigers.

We should be able to replace his position in the squad with an equally value for money buy, and then the additional money we had offered him can go to retaining Reed & Paulo

If we somehow lost Reed too though - then i think the red lights come on.

Some nutter on FB reckons Mahoney to dogs is done and contract is being signed today, and Paulo is close to joining him there. I dont give much credence to it - but if that happened everyone needs to walk.
I agree Mahoney is an extremely important re-signing. Just with him / Moses gives us plenty to work with in 2023.

But what if the dogs are offering $750k over 4 years …do we match that?

SneakyEel

Juniors
You are basing that on their current contracts.

But for 2023 we offered Papa something like $425k and I think I read some where something similar for Marata.

So that’s $700-$800k or so now free for 2023 plus the 2022 upgrade offer for Papa…..plenty to play around with looking for replacements..
Tbh I thought we had way too many backrowers and not enough props this year. The bench for finals was something like Smith, Papali'i, Cartwright, Matto. Way too light for a do or die game, really none of those players are out and out props. We need to recruit a genuine prop for 23 imo