What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Heard a rumour that no decision has been made and the club employed an unlikely negotiator to help over the weekend (possibly like in a Ray Price with his teammates negotiation)
Let's hope they can twist his arm, but not his shoulder.

Gronk

Staff member
Depends what your idea of successful is. Getting bundled out week 2 of the finals 3 of the last 4 years plus a spoon isn't my idea of success.
Focus with me here mate. We are talking about our roster and how the market sees plenty of our squad as quality. Yes, success is measured ultimately with trophies, but you can't ignore what's in front of you - teams are envious of the roster that we have built and that demand is forcing their price up, and in turn, f**king with our succession plans. The inflationary effect of Dolphins, Dogs and Tigers throwing $20m around is becoming bad news for our squad.

TheRam

Coach
Strange thing , is when the Storm or others adopt the same stance, they are praised for not letting the cap get out of whack and lauded as an example .

The Eels do it, and as they actually sell media in Sydney, the bottom feeders take a different view and we get where we are. They wonder why circulation falls.

The difference is the Storm and others win premiership. We have won squat in 35+ years. If we start to win premierships, lose players and then win premierships again, then I am sure the media will have a different perspective.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You can't see that this is exactly what is happening to us ? Sadly teams are picking the eyes out of our roster because our players have been sourced for unders and our club has enabled them to grow into a highly sourced after commodity.
Marata was always going to go, fair enough and Papa hurt but at the end of the day he was a second rower but to lose one of the best young spine players in the Comp?? That’s unforgivable and says to me the vision the club and coach are selling the players isn’t been bought into. I mean why aren’t the senior players putting pressure on some of these young guys to stay together and win a comp??? Maybe deep down they know we don’t have the coach or the staff to achieve those goals. But when you are losing players to the Dogs and the Tigers you have to be asking some serious questions of all concerned.

Cloeel

Juniors
Marata was always going to go, fair enough and Papa hurt but at the end of the day he was a second rower but to lose one of the best young spine players in the Comp?? That’s unforgivable and says to me the vision the club and coach are selling the players isn’t been bought into. I mean why aren’t the senior players putting pressure on some of these young guys to stay together and win a comp??? Maybe deep down they know we don’t have the coach or the staff to achieve those goals. But when you are losing players to the Dogs and the Tigers you have to be asking some serious questions of all concerned.

Priorities mate.

These guys don't get a lot of time to earn top dollar for them and there families.

Gronk

Staff member
Marata was always going to go, fair enough and Papa hurt but at the end of the day he was a second rower but to lose one of the best young spine players in the Comp?? That’s unforgivable and says to me the vision the club and coach are selling the players isn’t been bought into. I mean why aren’t the senior players putting pressure on some of these young guys to stay together and win a comp???

Do you really think that young players would not take the money ? Other than the club being an absolute basket case, like when Latrelle and others knocked back the Tigers, if they feel they are in good hands with Sheens or Gus they'll go.

Maybe deep down they know we don’t have the coach or the staff to achieve those goals. But when you are losing players to the Dogs and the Tigers you have to be asking some serious questions of all concerned.

LOL you think that players are going to the Tigers or Dogs because they will win a comp ?

TheRam

Coach
He’s quick. Our team need pace. His defence is up there with the best for his position. He is relatively not injury prone. He is the type of player that appears to have more time than most which is an indication of class as the opposition are standing off him. His age.

So far I don't think he has a great long pass in him. He doesn't seem to know when to take the space and run to the line, then pass or pass immediately and his long kicking game is ordinary. Mind you I did notice his running to the line and pass improving somewhat in the latter part of the season.

Not saying that he will not get better at these things, but he needs to start showing 5/8th football nous as a playmaker and start to make better offensive decisions when we have the advantage and something is on.

Noise

Coach
We are talking about our roster and how the market sees plenty of our squad as quality. Yes, success is measured ultimately with trophies, but you can't ignore what's in front of you - teams are envious of the roster that we have built
We have a quality squad and teams are envious of our roster yet we keep getting bundled out in week 2. What has to change to get a trophy?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you really think that young players would not take the money ? Other than the club being an absolute basket case, like when Latrelle and others knocked back the Tigers, if they feel they are in good hands with Sheens or Gus they'll go.

LOL you think that players are going to the Tigers or Dogs because they will win a comp ?
Well by the looks they don’t think they can win one here with the collision chaser.

Gronk

Staff member
We have a quality squad and teams are envious of our roster yet we keep getting bundled out in week 2. What has to change to get a trophy?
You've lost me. Are we still talking about our retention problems or are we gone off in a tangent to "what does it take to win a comp" ?

Glenneel

Bench
Oh dear. Honest Gus strikes again. Maybe a swap with Rheed.
How much money is Landry? giving in TPAs to Dogs, and is it legal? Already the players they've signed for big overs must well exceed the cap and now appears Kikau is going there for $800k which is an absolute joke. Another joke is virtually none of the money is going into the spine. Does anyone even know who their fullback, half (other than Burton) and hooker are? Will the NRL even investigate their sombrero. Guss-ball to the extreme and he'll f**k the Dogs until they piss him off. Then they'll thrive like Penrith did, he is a myth.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So far I don't think he has a great long pass in him. He doesn't seem to know when to take the space and run to the line, then pass or pass immediately and his long kicking game is ordinary. Mind you I did notice his running to the line and pass improving somewhat in the latter part of the season.

Not saying that he will not get better at these things, but he needs to start showing 5/8th football nous as a playmaker and start to make better offensive decisions when we have the advantage and something is on.
His game will probably improve out of sight away from Bea, I have no doubt Gus would of told him how much they can improve his footy and extend his career away from the Collision Chaser.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The defenders are out in force, the only thing missing is Pou telling us all how average Mahoney is and how he’s easily replaceable…………..

Gronk

Staff member
Talking about being successful.
Yes and a measure of success is trophies and what else ? We have become a club who produces good players.

So just like how Manly lurk around our juniors because of our pathways nursery, this year clubs are looking to bolster their rosters by raiding ours.