What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Same reason, Bevan French, Mitchell Pearce are there. Jamie Lyon wasn’t either. Neither is Jackson Hastings.
French and Hastings have proven nothing in the NRL. As for Lyon and Pearce, they played 600 NRL games between them. Lyon went to the ESL at his peak because he was banned from playing in the NRL for anyone but Parra. Pearce is going there for a final pay day. He'll be 33 in a few months. Lussick is not even 26 and has 10 NRL games under his belt, plus 58 games in the Super League.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And, assuming that the player has a brain in their head, how do you stop them hitting the open market (other than offering them a stupid amount of money)?
Yep. As if their manager's going to let them sign a long term extension for unders rather than going to market. This is why every merkin over the age of 14 has a manager these days, to avoid getting rorted by sneaky (but obvious) tricks. If deadshit fans on the internet can see it why would professional player agents not see it from a mile away?

JokerEel

Coach
Yep Gutho re-signed so it could be announced anytime.

Reed announcement is to be this week which seems to give him time to let the club and team mates know during training before the official announcement.

Avenger

Immortal
If it is the case, so be it. I think we will miss him but I don’t think he is worth some of the figures being thrown around.
If he is gone, I hope they move him and Papali’i on straight away. Many people will argue and suggest we will get great value, particularly out of Papali’i in 22, but I just don’t want to see blokes who are more interested in the dollar than they are the club in blue and gold. Yes it’s a business, yes they are entitled to chase money to set themselves up etc. etc. etc. but, they can f**k off.
wish Pricey was still around to give them a f**king belting on the way out for being such ungrateful imbeciles.
And the NRL needs to end this signing 12 months out bullshit. It’s a clusterf**k
I have the same view. They can go now.

Gronk

Staff member
well if this is true the club has really dropped the ball here.

Players of rheeds calibre shouldnt be hitting the open market.
With a new club hitting the market and needing some names to build a fan base, how much would you have paid for Rheed prior to Nov 1, so that he didn’t test the market ?

Gronk

Staff member
FMD there’s so much butt hurt here.
We happily accepted Moses and matto in dubious circumstances and laughed at tiger fans, now we are whinging worse than them. Reed is a good little player but we’ve survived losing far better.
Actually I reckon that most people think that the club had had no alternative but to not chase the headless chook in the overs game.

I reckon McElduff was right in saying that we have paid the price in turning good players into hot commodities.

Unfortunately for us, we were hit with the perfect storm of a new club in the market and both the dogs and tigers who have cleared space in their caps and are seeking instant success.

Avenger

Immortal
FMD there’s so much butt hurt here.
We happily accepted Moses and matto in dubious circumstances and laughed at tiger fans, now we are whinging worse than them. Reed is a good little player but we’ve survived losing far better.
I agree I reckon we will survive but if he has signed elsewhere I want him out now.

IFR33K

Coach
Actually I reckon that most people think that the club had had no alternative but to not chase the headless chook in the overs game.

I reckon McElduff was right in saying that we have paid the price in turning good players into hot commodities.

Unfortunately for us, we were hit with the perfect storm of a new club in the market and both the dogs and tigers who have cleared space in their caps and are seeking instant success.

Is it a case of dogs clearing cap space?

Or is the genius Gus Gould working his magic. Would of loved him here.

IFR33K

Coach
Is that just your Balkan approach to things mate?
Why would you want us to lessen our 2022 chances?

Yep. We can’t afford to lose any players without any handy replacements. If they’ve signed for 2023 elsewhere it gives us ample opportunities to find a capable replacement. Just please don’t give me Ray f^*king stone at 9. 🤪

Gronk

Staff member
Is it a case of dogs clearing cap space?

Will Hopoate (St Helens RLFC), Sione Katoa (released), Lachlan Lewis (released), Falakiko Manu (released), Nick Meaney (Melbourne Storm), Dylan Napa (released), James Roumanos (released), Chris Smith (Penrith Panthers), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (New Zealand Warriors) plus they "sacked" Adam Elliott and have quickly served Asiata a breach notice before the NRL change their minds.

Latest posts