What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
You can see why there is frustration from fans about supposed favouritism from Brad.

When Dylan Brown was suspended last year the club was pretty quick to upgrade Jake to a fulltime contract in round 9 or 10 whenever it was because we desperately needed a half for 3 weeks while Dylan was suspended.

This year it seems we dont want to upgrade anyone despite the shortage of outside backs currently. Because they obivously feel they aren't up to first grade.

But are happy to play Jake who clearly isnt ready for FG in one of the 4 major positions on the field and basically reshuffle everything.

I'm hoping that we are playing it real smart and keeping a position or two open because our club are plotting and scheming by playing a game of three dimensional chess and doing a Storm-T. Simms manoeuver who will probably be with them around August this year.

If so I hope our target is someone like Herbie or of equal quality. If the Broncos are not going to be part of the play-offs and we can sign him before then, we then maybe able to convince them to release him early and there would be very little left on his 2022 season contract so we could fit him in. What a coup that would be and a real boost to our backline and overall team going into the playoffs.

Don't think that the smart Melbourne management haven't seen the benefit and advantage that the Panthers pulled off by signing T. Pangai Jr last season and they are saying we too want ourselves some of that sweet tasty cream power juice baby!

But then again we are Parra, so I doubt we are even playing checkers.

TheRam

Coach
I honestly don’t know. What I’ve seen from ja would suggest no, but it’s not like BA has had any major brain farts in the passed.

I wouldn't worry to much, after next season I don't BA will have all that much influence.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm hoping that we are playing it real smart and keeping a position or two open because our club are plotting and scheming by playing a game of three dimensional chess and doing a Storm-T. Simms manoeuver who will probably be with them around August this year.

If so I hope our target is someone like Herbie or of equal quality. If the Broncos are not going to be part of the play-offs and we can sign him before then, we then maybe able to convince them to release him early and there would be very little left on his 2022 season contract so we could fit him in. What a coup that would be and a real boost to our backline and overall team going into the playoffs.

Don't think that the smart Melbourne management haven't seen the benefit and advantage that the Panthers pulled off by signing T. Pangai Jr last season and they are saying we too want ourselves some of that sweet tasty cream power juice baby!

Brilliant 👏

Gronk

Staff member
Nah, it's happened before. Manly signed Ritchie Fa'aoso 10 years ago. He was released from Newcastle, went to Melbourne who took him for the rest of 2012 season before he went to Manly in 2013.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

We could barely manage Snap.

TheRam

Coach
Agree with the squad / bench thing. I’d like him to tell me why not playing a benchie is a good thing. I guess he would say that he’d rather have his best players out there who were fit and willing.

Michael Vella was not used in origin once. Was that ever explained ?

Are you sure, I'm sure he got some minutes?

Angry_eel

First Grade

Well, I don't know, as much as I don't like BA, at least he's out these doing something. That HOF and CEO have disappeared.

I reckon they don't even exist, they're just email bots run by Bradzy Arthurov.

Cloeel

Juniors
Well, I don't know, as much as I don't like BA, at least he's out these doing something. That HOF and CEO have disappeared.

Would you rather the CEO and HOF be more vocal in the media?

I'd rather they keep quiet and do there job.

It is working wonders at the moment at the Bulldogs with Gus unable to get off his iPad feeling the need to respond to anything and everything.

Sometimes you say more by saying nothing at all.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Would you rather the CEO and HOF be more vocal in the media?

I'd rather they keep quiet and do there job.

It is working wonders at the moment at the Bulldogs with Gus unable to get off his iPad feeling the need to respond to anything and everything.

Sometimes you say more by saying nothing at all.
What job do they do bar sending an email each year saying 'We're getting closer'?

It's a free forum. You don't like people commenting then talk to a wall at home about the footy.

TheRam

Coach
Roosters lost because their forwards are shit and Keary very ordinary. He needs to go to NSW Cup until fully fit and some of their bench selections are as crazy as our bench selections.

And I'm loving it. My fear though is that they will probably end up with Haas and maybe even Hastings again if they feel the Walker-Ceary thing ain't going to be good enough.

Hasting will be the second best half in the game if he continues on the way he has this season and be chased hard by the likes of Gus and others. The Tigers will have a job on their hands trying to keep him. He may decide to stay as long as their offer is competitive through loyalty though. But boy is he good. He is a genuine playmaker that can take on the line and kick. There aren't to many of those around.

Even Moses isn't as good at it as he is, even though Moses's game is better kick wise. But overall, I know it is early days, but like I said, if he stays at the same level as he has shown so far, he is all round exceptional.

Imagine what he could do behind our monster pack. He would absolutely brain it and I don't think we would have to worry to much that he might go missing when the game gets a little to tough, something that we all are forever worried about with Moses. Not saying that Moses isn't our man, but there is always that doubt and element to his game and until he proves otherwise in the big end of season games that doubt and question mark will remain.

Hastings just seems to thrive when the game gets harder and tougher. Probably like his dad in that respect. Anyway the Roosters could still come good, but they are not the team they once were. Lets hope they stay that way.

Cloeel

Juniors
What job do they do bar sending an email each year saying 'We're getting closer'?

It's a free forum. You don't like people commenting then talk to a wall at home about the footy.

I never said I didn't like people commenting? or even allude to that.

I asked you a question, which you chose not to answer. Then proceeded to give an opinion on the topic you were discussing.

Is that not how a free forum works?

BTW my last sentence was in regards to CEO's and HOF's in general. That was not directed at you if that is what you thought.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine if Carty had the stats of ja last week. But I guess he’s protected because of his surname

dumb

you want to judge a player on one week's stats ?

actually, scratch that, rhetorical, don't bother answering

Gronk

Staff member
Are you sure, I'm sure he got some minutes?
Here it is, yes you were right he got 9 mins.

Interestingly in 1998 the utility back was used for 4 mins and then not used by coach Tommy Raudonikis.

In 2012 the utility back was only used for 7 mins by coach Ricky Stuart.

In 2013 the utility back was not used by coach Laurie Daley.

In 2016 the utility back was only used for 9 mins by coach Laurie Daley.

Origin players in the NRL era with 10 mins or less off the bench:

1998, game one: Matthew Johns — 4 mins

1998, game one: Ken McGuinness — 0 mins

2000, game one: Michael Vella — 9 mins

2011, game three: Keith Galloway — 9 mins

2012, game one: Jamie Buhrer — 7 mins

2012, game three: Ben Creagh — 10 mins

2013, game one: Josh Reynolds — 0 mins

2016, game one: Dylan Walker — 9 mins

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cartwright is definitely not in the team because he is the coaches son whereas JA definitely is in the team because he is the coaches son.

nope

thats just your (and others ) opinion and you are welcome to it, however, there is no evidence to back that up as being fact

TheRam

Coach
Nah, it's happened before. Manly signed Ritchie Fa'aoso 10 years ago. He was released from Newcastle, went to Melbourne who took him for the rest of 2012 season before he went to Manly in 2013.

Yeah thanks scoop.

The point is now you can do it with real quality players that would be more difficult to fit into your roster since the sign on transfer window has been pushed back again this season from the traditional June 30 to August 1.

Clubs can find the money much easier then before seeing it is way less and also the date allows the club that the player is currently at to assess whether they will make the play-offs or not and therefore needed of not.

Latest posts