What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sprinters are by definition usually fast to begin with. Jake Arthur regardless of whether he can play footy or not will never EVER be accused of being a sprinter by anyone who has seen him run.
No but they would all do sprint training. If sprinters peak in their mid-20s why would rugby league players reach their top speed at 19 ffs

Yeah if the Tigers put a Mcguire clause in the contract when macguire was rocky, then they deserve to get analed

The Fox guys who initially reported the story reckoned that there is no such specific clause in the contract, but who knows I guess:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/1169e32bcbb63df0f77c2a5feb774be8
Kent revealed Papali’i is concerned about the direction of the club after they sacked Michael Maguire and missed out on their coaching target in Cameron Ciraldo.

“He also signed to play under Michael Maguire,” Kent said.

“He didn’t have a clause, but that was the attraction to go there.

hindy111

Post Whore

IFR33K

Coach
So storm will get stronger before finals while we weaken? Let's hope we have a big fish coming.

I can’t see anyone coming at all. I believe the pushing of brown out the door is to match papa’s tigers deal for next year. Brown goes and papa stays. Guess our bosses at the eels regret signing a dads army and let all the youngsters go.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And to think some people wanted Sivo gone is beyond a joke.
Like yourself…

Sean Russell needs to be on the wing. Get rid of Sivo. The rest I like.

How the f**k does Sivo make this team? I can excuse Dunster because he is still young but Sivo has been garbage for weeks. Why not put Marata in the centres and Blake on the wing and drop Sivo?
and there is plenty more too…gee you and @hindy111 throw enough darts, like we all do! But gee you love telling us when you are right but forget when you aren’t…..

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah if the Tigers put a Mcguire clause in the contract when macguire was rocky, then they deserve to get analed
You don’t need a clause necessarily. There is precedent when an employer makes a false or misleading pre-contract assurance or warranty to incentivise you to accept an offer. Repudiation by employer is grounds for termination.

84 Baby

Referee
We obviously need to allocate the cash elsewhere. Even if it’s not a forward, we still have Moses, Brown, Penisni to bump. Corey Fenning seems to be on a trajectory and is a smokey for development contract I reckon.

View attachment 63718
As poor as we have been at times this year, effectively pushing cap to future years is wasteful IMO. If moving Nrown doesn’t result in us getting a better player than Nrown then it shouldn’t be done.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So storm will get stronger before finals while we weaken? Let's hope we have a big fish coming.
Sitting on our hands while other sides strengthen??? That doesn’t sound like us at all does it?? We’ll probably just front load and upgrade and extend Jakey. Or even Bring Matty Arthur into the top 30.

84 Baby

Referee
You don’t need a clause necessarily. There is precedent when an employer makes a false or misleading pre-contract assurance or warranty to incentivise you to accept an offer. Repudiation by employer is grounds for termination.
Assuming it goes beyond mutual agreement to terminate, Papa would have to prove it was explicitly part of the offer or acceptance. Even then it could be questioned why it wasn’t included in contract terms

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Like yourself…

and there is plenty more too…gee you and @hindy111 throw enough darts, like we all do! But gee you love telling us when you are right but forget when you aren’t…..
Sivo is still a lazy merkin and will still be a massive liability comes finals time. Yeah he can finish a try but as I said in the NRL forum he’s just the wish version of Semi. Wait till the Riff, Storm and Cows expose him like a Portuguese chicken. Avenger was right about him and doing some good stuff against a shit team like the Warriors means SFA in the scheme of things.

84 Baby

Referee
Sitting on our hands while other sides strengthen??? That doesn’t sound like us at all does it?? We’ll probably just front load and upgrade and extend Jakey. Or even Bring Matty Arthur into the top 30.
Hopefully it happens before round 24 in Brisbane so you get the chance to boo them both

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wasn’t that last season ?
Him and Gronk will happily go back years to win a point on the internet. Sivo was a lazy prick that was playing like shit. You were spot on. If the coach had a pair he would of been dropped before he got injured.

The South’s game showed he’s still a lazy merkin and easily exposed against the better sides.

Latest posts