What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

parra pete

Referee
It's a joke isn't it? The Grand Final has been over for a week, and the scramble is onto sign players for the 2024 season!!!!...
Grand Finals, to me, mean season is over!!! Winning Euphoria lasts and hour -losing disappointment about the same. Fans have to wait another four or so months to watch games again.
In the meantime the 'fans' get into a lather watching Clubs tear each other apart targetting the best players.
Just say Canterbury managed to add Edwards, Too, Crighton, May, Luai, Lenui to rejoin Burton, Kikau at the Bulldogs under Cameron Ciraldo...and the Bulldogs won the comp...Would the Bulldogs fans be over the moon? Would Gus Gould be happy with himself that he got his "new Club" a premiership?
It amuses me...that's why a premiership is not all that 'covetable' to ME..
In my opinion, the NRL has devalued the worth over the past decade or so....
There should be Salary Cap rewards for Clubs who develop long term players - otherwise, the system favours dismantling of consistency

I agree that Moses isn't clutch in the big moments. But aside from that he is a good goal kicker.

Hunt doesn't have that string to his bow. Mitchell Pearce was in similar boat couldn't control a game but also didn't impact the scoreboard either with Goal Kicking.

If your a halfback and you ain't a goal kicker these days you should be 100-200k less value then one that does.
Take the two!!

King-Gutho94

Coach
It's a joke isn't it? The Grand Final has been over for a week, and the scramble is onto sign players for the 2024 season!!!!...
Grand Finals, to me, mean season is over!!! Winning Euphoria lasts and hour -losing disappointment about the same. Fans have to wait another four or so months to watch games again.
In the meantime the 'fans' get into a lather watching Clubs tear each other apart targetting the best players.
Just say Canterbury managed to add Edwards, Too, Crighton, May, Luai, Lenui to rejoin Burton, Kikau at the Bulldogs under Cameron Ciraldo...and the Bulldogs won the comp...Would the Bulldogs fans be over the moon? Would Gus Gould be happy with himself that he got his "new Club" a premiership?
There should be Salary Cap rewards for Clubs who develop long term players - otherwise, the system favours dismantling of consistency
You only have to see Papali'i realising what a mistake he made by joining Tigers for 2023 in November 2021 to see the system was broken.

JokerEel

Coach
Munster is up there as the best player in the game. His $1m a year deal should now be a reasonable price for any marquee player to recommit to their club.

If we pay Moses anymore than that we are stupid. Brown should be at least $100k less than that maybe more especially when you consider what Luai is on at Penrith. I read somewhere that he’s on $700k which is a bargain seeing that he is a current origin player.

As I said in an earlier thread I’d be holding my ground to their demands. If one gets stupid money to go elsewhere let them leave and put Gutherson at 6 and go after a fullback for season 2024. I’d either go for Papenhuyzen and if we can’t get him Scott Drinkwater will do. Give him $600k. He will leave that stinger infested shithole for that money.

Paps and Drinkwater are off the market for atleast 3 years.

JokerEel

Coach

Players that have played Flegg and First grade for the same club should have a % of their contract not under the salary cap.

IFR33K

Coach
He played better in the last two semis than Brown but I agree Dylan should be a priority especially when you consider his age.

If we keep Dylan over Moses we still need a dominate 7 to control the game with a good boot.

brown is a very good in playing the second fiddle role. Not sure he’d handle the pressure Moses does.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Sad Baby GIF

f**k me.

This is a guy whose career and legend was built on coaching the Donkeys for their first twenty years.

Just. Think. About. That.

King-Gutho94

Coach
f**k me.

This is a guy whose career and legend was built on coaching the Donkeys for their first twenty years.

Just. Think. About. That.
I reckon his greatest achievement was turning that St George Illawarra into a premiership winning side.

They choked year after year and he got them over the hump. Admittingly they lucked in by Melbourne getting kicked out that season.

If we only got that luck in 2009.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Munster is up there as the best player in the game. His $1m a year deal should now be a reasonable price for any marquee player to recommit to their club.

If we pay Moses anymore than that we are stupid. Brown should be at least $100k less than that maybe more especially when you consider what Luai is on at Penrith. I read somewhere that he’s on $700k which is a bargain seeing that he is a current origin player.

As I said in an earlier thread I’d be holding my ground to their demands. If one gets stupid money to go elsewhere let them leave and put Gutherson at 6 and go after a fullback for season 2024. I’d either go for Papenhuyzen and if we can’t get him Scott Drinkwater will do. Give him $600k. He will leave that stinger infested shithole for that money.

Luai's an "origin Player" because Cleary.

Without that combination he's nowhere near NSW, Wighton just walks into 6.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I reckon his greatest achievement was turning that St George Illawarra into a premiership winning side.

They choked year after year and he got them over the hump. Admittingly they lucked in by Melbourne getting kicked out that season.

If we only got that luck in 2009.

The Dragons were good to go that year, they'd been thereabouts.

Yeah maybe Wayne was the difference, but the difference wasn't all that much for mine.

Look at what he took on we joined, and how he left them, there's your real measure

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Dragons were good to go that year, they'd been thereabouts.

Yeah maybe Wayne was the difference, but the difference wasn't all that much for mine.

Look at what he took on we joined, and how he left them, there's your real measure
Yeah well Wayne's job was to get that group/era a premiership before there window closed. He did that.

He can't control that these clubs self combust after he leaves.

Look at management of the Dragons, Knights and the new management like Karl Morris at the Broncos in the past decade.

Newcastle has failed with every coach up there since Joey Johns retired.

They have all proven to be useless on how to run a successful club.

Plenty of other coaches have failed before and after Wayne at those clubs.

That Dragons team were perennial chokers. He even failed at his first attempt in 09 when we beat them from 8th and they got knocked out in straight sets as Minor Premiers. There was a lot of mental baggage in that squad he got them too overcome to win that premiership.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree that Moses isn't clutch in the big moments. But aside from that he is a good goal kicker.

Hunt doesn't have that string to his bow. Mitchell Pearce was in similar boat couldn't control a game but also didn't impact the scoreboard either with Goal Kicking.

If your a halfback and you ain't a goal kicker these days you should be 100-200k less value then one that does.

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Since when should a halfback only goalkick

Latest posts