What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Angry_eel

First Grade
I can't see the Dolphins offering Mitch the Munster money, different players.

I don't think Mitch has the X factor that the Munster does. I reckon they'd prefer a Queenslander, DCE maybe.
Given Manly will be in the dumps for a while, DCE should take the money and run.

Agree Dophins would want to target a Queenslander as their marquee... makes economic sense if they're trying to build up their support and profile.

They might be able to get Dearden out of the final year of his NQ contract in 2024, and/or getting Sam Walker to walk away from the Roosters at the end of next year. That's probably the only thing that's keeping Moses/Brown safe from a megabucks offer from across the border.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we pay Moses anymore than that we are stupid. Brown should be at least $100k less than that maybe more especially when you consider what Luai is on at Penrith. I read somewhere that he’s on $700k which is a bargain seeing that he is a current origin player.
Luai actually plays a very limited role compared to our halves, but he is great at it. I don't think he's worth as much as Moses or Drown, even though he's an Origin player. Our halves both play parts of Cleary's role. Drown is the strong defender who gets the ball more often and closer to the ruck, while Moses is the primary kicker. At Penrith Cleary does both of these things. Luai is just a run threat on the left side of the field, similar to Moses on the right, but stronger and without the kicking game. I think without Kikau outside him Luai will have fewer opportunities to dummy and step back inside. Defenders will be able to pay him more attention without Kikau to worry about.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Dragons were good to go that year, they'd been thereabouts.

Yeah maybe Wayne was the difference, but the difference wasn't all that much for mine.

Look at what he took on we joined, and how he left them, there's your real measure
It wasn't the grand final that was so impressive, it was the back-to-back minor premierships. Over that many games coaching is a big factor. Come finals time there's too few games and so luck plays more of a role. Interestingly in '09 and '11 (under Bennett) they were 0 from 4 in the finals. In 2010 they won 3 from 3. All up Bennett's finals record at the Dragons was less than 50%, but in the premiership year they played the teams that finished 8th, 3rd and 6th. Against the only top four team (Wests) they won by a single point. A one point game is a coin toss. Massive luck involved. But the two minor premierships were proof of great coaching. They certainly didn't have the best roster in the comp, in either year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It wasn't the grand final that was so impressive, it was the back-to-back minor premierships. Over that many games coaching is a big factor. Come finals time there's too few games and so luck plays more of a role. Interestingly in '09 and '11 (under Bennett) they were 0 from 4 in the finals. In 2010 they won 3 from 3. All up Bennett's finals record at the Dragons was less than 50%, but in the premiership year they played the teams that finished 8th, 3rd and 6th. Against the only top four team (Wests) they won by a single point. A one point game is a coin toss. Massive luck involved. But the two minor premierships were proof of great coaching. They certainly didn't have the best roster in the comp, in either year.
That Prelim final Dragons won against the Tigers in 2010 is one of best prelims we have seen in the last 20 years but never seems to get talked with classics in the media about considering they got 70k to it as well & was similar to our Prelim in 09 against the Dogs.

2005 Prelim edition between Tigers & Dragons gets talked about more then the 2010 one between the teams.

Its also the last time Wests Tigers & Dragons both played in a prelim final as well.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Marty Taupau is in the Samoa World Cup squad.

I wouldn't expect any progress being made with his future until after world cup. Especially if we were still interested. Not that i am fussed either way tbh.

But no club will commit too him now incase he does a major injury that rules him out for a large part of next season.

Latest posts