What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

PARRAAEEL

Juniors
We e
Anyone that thinks Hodgson's a good signing is delusional. He was done and dusted at the Raiders. We need a hooker other than Rein, Hodgson or Yates. Just one with some first grade experience that's not over 34 or injury pron
Anyone that thinks Hodgson's a good signing is delusional. He was done and dusted at the Raiders. We need a hooker other than Rein, Hodgson or Yates. Just one with some first grade experience that's not over 34 or injury prone
We Nearly grabbed Korisau instead until
Tigers Came with a big offer which we didn’t wanna match.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone that thinks Hodgson's a good signing is delusional. He was done and dusted at the Raiders. We need a hooker other than Rein, Hodgson or Yates. Just one with some first grade experience that's not over 34 or injury prone

Yeah its a huge risk I agree. His last season with the Raiders was bog average and then he did his knee for the 3rd time in 6yrs.

I am trying to be optimistic and hope he plays all year and at a reasonable level but odd are against him at this stage. Fingers crossed but. I've read his leadership skills are excellent

hindy111

Post Whore
If he comes off great and by the reports at training he’s raised the standards off and on the paddock. But he has to be seen as a massive risk. I wonder if he will have us playing a different way in attack???

My thing is we need to game manage him. In other words 60mins a game max and a week of every 5 or 6 games.
So who do we have who can replace him? Asi,Rein or JA. Two are not even hookers

hindy111

Post Whore
well they say play to your strengths, and f**k me Mahoney has a very good long pass

The issue with this is it takes time.

Watch Penrith. Korisau would fire a short little pass that would take half a second vs Mahoneys long pass that takes 1 second.
As a defense coming at you it gives them that extra 1 or 2 steps. Quick play the balls, and a quick short pass with player running onto ball is how you get defenses on the back foot.
Long passes are only ever a positive if you have created an overlap. To often he'd fire these stupid long balls and the player receiving would be flat footed and get smashed by the defense.

yy_cheng

Coach
The issue with this is it takes time.

Watch Penrith. Korisau would fire a short little pass that would take half a second vs Mahoneys long pass that takes 1 second.
As a defense coming at you it gives them that extra 1 or 2 steps. Quick play the balls, and a quick short pass with player running onto ball is how you get defenses on the back foot.
Long passes are only ever a positive if you have created an overlap. To often he'd fire these stupid long balls and the player receiving would be flat footed and get smashed by the defense.
Furthermore, it squeezes the outside men twords the sideline so less space.

Maybe this year we'll start scoring more from inside the 20

yy_cheng

Coach
How i wish we had set plays like souths

I have seen over the few years some incredible set plays inside the opposition 20 but we hardly ever produce them over and over.

Granted that we do try to reproduce the lane ones but there were also matto ones and especially jnr ones on run around plays or hit and spin then offload plays.

Its like we are just eyes up or crash pkays in the 20 rather than setting up for a set play

hindy111

Post Whore
Just because Hodgo possesses different skills to Rheed dosent mean BA will change his formula of no run, long pass to the halves. Thats why Im interested to see if Rheeds game changes at the Dogs. Its honestly very exciting.

f**k. You're going to give yourself goose bumps