What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Season 1 Episode 6 GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
You’re referring to your penis aren’t you?

84 Baby

Referee
That’s poor coaching. I remember when Brian Smith once beat the Broncos at their best by continually and deliberately stop starting play by kicking out to the sidelines for a scrum.

Worked a treat.
I pondered and posted this in the lead up to finals. To’o and Dedwards work extra to ensure it’s a fast game but also to get their forwards onside more efficiently. They have a good pack but also overrated/unknown because they did way less dead effort running than every other forward in the game. That allows them to dominate pack defence and support runs.
While kicking to touch doesn’t change that, it means you don’t have to do as much running to counteract their kick return, and also forces their forwards to take more hitups (for a team that dominated, their forwards averaged f**k all hitups).
See how this season pans out but if it matches last year, I’d keep that plan in the back pocket.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith have been dominant for 3yrs now. And playing the same style. It's long enough for opposition coaches to have worked out a game plan that works. I guess at this point they have just been to good.

yy_cheng

Coach
While kicking to touch doesn’t change that, it means you don’t have to do as much running to counteract their kick return, and also forces their forwards to take more hitups (for a team that dominated, their forwards averaged f**k all hitups).
See how this season pans out but if it matches last year, I’d keep that plan in the back pocket.
because kicking it out to touch also means a tap restart but their forwards have to be back for the tap so their forwards have less time to recover. Of course they can take a longer time to get back, but then our forwards get the same length of breather.

yy_cheng

Coach
ffs merkin, we do have them and we see them use it. But in the spine it's only Gutherson. The other ones are Paulo, Lane and Cartwright.
Moses and Dyl aren't instinctive... they are more instinctive than they are structured. But they are told to play structured.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith have been dominant for 3yrs now. And playing the same style. It's long enough for opposition coaches to have worked out a game plan that works. I guess at this point they have just been to good.
There’s no game plan to beat it. They just have the right players for the current rule interpretations. They were kissed on the dick when Covid brought in a faster ruck.

84 Baby

Referee
because kicking it out to touch also means a tap restart but their forwards have to be back for the tap so their forwards have less time to recover. Of course they can take a longer time to get back, but then our forwards get the same length of breather.
That’s what I said