What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
It was a great way to get the ball away from the ruck and have our edge forwards cutting back against the grain, usually running at isolated defenders. But I think it also hindered us at points, especially when we weren't getting those quick play the balls. Often times we played too wide and cramped our edges. Shorter passes around the ruck is how we'll have to play this year.
Quick ptb's is the most effective way to attack, and no thinking required.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Hands, and Yates, haven't been playing well enough to be next can off the rank, tbh.

Rein is at least a capable First Grade player.

Other than the cowboys who have Robson and Granville I don't think I could name the back-up hooker at other clubs. Roosters with Turpin? There's not enough good hookers for first grade teams let alone to have one as a back-up.

You've got to be lucky that you've got one coming through your systems or you take a punt on an older player and they're happy to not play firsts.

lingard

Coach
You misperceived my question. And also slightly confusing the definition of perception. My question was more a “tree falling in the woods” type.

And that’s all the inside info I have on Moses.
Well I wish you'd made the basic premise of your position clearer. Although I have to admit that, watching replays of 2021 games, I'm beginning to wonder whether Moses is even real.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Other than the cowboys who have Robson and Granville I don't think I could name the back-up hooker at other clubs. Roosters with Turpin? There's not enough good hookers for first grade teams let alone to have one as a back-up.

You've got to be lucky that you've got one coming through your systems or you take a punt on an older player and they're happy to not play firsts.

Absolutely.

Glenneel

Bench
Hands, and Yates, haven't been playing well enough to be next can off the rank, tbh.

Rein is at least a capable First Grade player.
But that's my point. No experience doesn't improve them enough to possibility become our next dh. The cupboard is bare so if we lose Hodgo (likely) or Rein (possible) where to from there? Shit creek is where!

Eelementary

Post Whore
But that's my point. No experience doesn't improve them enough to possibility become our next dh. The cupboard is bare so if we lose Hodgo (likely) or Rein (possible) where to from there? Shit creek is where!

Why promote a youngster who is not playing well, just because we need to give them experience?

A lot of people cried foul for us doing that with Jakob Arthur.

Creating a strong, successful culture means you promote players when they earn it - if they're not up to it, or don't have the right attitude, you move them on.

The ball is in Hands', and Yates', court - show us what you got, and you'll probably break into the 17.

emjaycee

Coach
Why promote a youngster who is not playing well, just because we need to give them experience?

A lot of people cried foul for us doing that with Jakob Arthur.

Creating a strong, successful culture means you promote players when they earn it - if they're not up to it, or don't have the right attitude, you move them on.

The ball is in Hands', and Yates', court - show us what you got, and you'll probably break into the 17.
Exactly... "DEMAND" selection with your performance in Reggies and on the training paddock.