What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I don't even know what the stats are and aren't claiming that we convert less often when we get inside the 20. But I know that's what they did show not too long ago. So I'm not arguing the stats, only that (you'll love this) we should be more granular. Break it down and work on various areas to see improvement.
I think that type of improvement can be (tactically, not team structurally) worked on during the season. It may even both easier and more beneficial.
Either way we’ll need to work on it now we won’t have Mahoney’s endless crash ball strategy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No way Melbourne were going to let Grant go. He’s just the better player and it was an easy choice.
He was better this year at least, but Smith is still an amazing player. That's why the Roosters signed him. In 2021 he had 11 tries, 10 TAs and 96 metres per game. People who say he's overrated just say that because he's a f**kwit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith would of blown them off the park by 40+ You're on drugs if think Paps and Welch change them to a premiership side.
Papenhuyzen was talked about as a potential Origin player. Welch is an Origin player, and one of the Storm's forward leaders. These sorts of players make a huge difference.

hindy111

Post Whore
He was better this year at least, but Smith is still an amazing player. That's why the Roosters signed him. In 2021 he had 11 tries, 10 TAs and 96 metres per game. People who say he's overrated just say that because he's a f**kwit.

Great player. What's his best position but?

hindy111

Post Whore
Papenhuyzen was talked about as a potential Origin player. Welch is an Origin player, and one of the Storm's forward leaders. These sorts of players make a huge difference.

Sure they would of been better. But they still wouldn't of been much competition for Penrith. They probably would of been our level or Souths with those two playing. Instead they where the worse team in the finals by a fair margin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure they would of been better. But they still wouldn't of been much competition for Penrith. They probably would of been our level or Souths with those two playing. Instead they where the worse team in the finals by a fair margin.
You only have to be better on the day.

lingard

Coach
Explain your working.

If pissing yourself was just a perception (and in this context it is strongly implied that it is the perception of the one who is doing the pissing) then it would hold that others nearby would not have this same perception. In common practice, though, when I piss myself I perceive that I have done this (cold, wet feeling in my pants,
smell of urine, etc) BUT: others also perceive it (as evidenced by the calls of: "Hey, mate, did you just piss yourself?").
Furthermore, only people within the range of sight and smell (and possibly hearing) are able to perceive my pissing myself. This would infer that there is a direct correlation between the physical reality
of my having pissed myself, and other people perceiving that I had. Since I, myself, have perceived my own social error, AND those in close enough proximity also perceive it, but people maybe a mile away cannot perceive it (unless they have a telescope, or some sort of X-ray vision - or one of those portable long-range smelling devices that fit into your pocket unnoticed) it leads me to believe that the 'index offence' was part of a physical reality - and not just a subjective perception. I realise this is nothing more than inductive reasoning, and does not confer absolute proof, but I believe it represents a strong argument.

lucablight

First Grade
Played in an amazing side that year and didn’t have to be the number 1 guy with Cameron Smith leading the way. No coincidence they fell hard when they lost Cameron Smith. He’s a great player no doubt with a lot of heart but let’s see how he goes as the primary play maker. I’m sure he’ll be fine but he’s never going to be as much of a threat out of dummy half as Cameron Smith and Harry Grant.

84 Baby

Referee
If pissing yourself was just a perception (and in this context it is strongly implied that it is the perception of the one who is doing the pissing) then it would hold that others nearby would not have this same perception. In common practice, though, when I piss myself I perceive that I have done this (cold, wet feeling in my pants,
smell of urine, etc) BUT: others also perceive it (as evidenced by the calls of: "Hey, mate, did you just piss yourself?").
Furthermore, only people within the range of sight and smell (and possibly hearing) are able to perceive my pissing myself. This would infer that there is a direct correlation between the physical reality
of my having pissed myself, and other people perceiving that I had. Since I, myself, have perceived my own social error, AND those in close enough proximity also perceive it, but people maybe a mile away cannot perceive it (unless they have a telescope, or some sort of X-ray vision - or one of those portable long-range smelling devices that fit into your pocket unnoticed) it leads me to believe that the 'index offence' was part of a physical reality - and not just a subjective perception. I realise this is nothing more than inductive reasoning, and does not confer absolute proof, but I believe it represents a strong argument.
You misperceived my question. And also slightly confusing the definition of perception. My question was more a “tree falling in the woods” type.

And that’s all the inside info I have on Moses.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know. I was talking about the 2020 season where they won the premiership. No Cameron Smith No Premiership. Coincidence?
In 18 seasons with him they didn't win the premiership 13 times. It's only been two seasons since he retired and they were dominant minor premiers in their first year without him, losing the preliminary final to the eventual premiers by only four points. So yes, I'd say it's a massive coincidence. They weren't strong because they had Cameron Smith, they had (and never lost) Cameron Smith because they are strong. Now they have Munster and Grant; two players who are better than anyone in our squad. They will be fine.

lucablight

First Grade
In 18 seasons with him they didn't win the premiership 13 times. It's only been two seasons since he retired and they were dominant minor premiers in their first year without him, losing the preliminary final to the eventual premiers by only four points. So yes, I'd say it's a massive coincidence. They weren't strong because they had Cameron Smith, they had (and never lost) Cameron Smith because they are strong. Now they have Munster and Grant; two players who are better than anyone in our squad. They will be fine.
Very high probability they would have won in 2021 if they had Cameron Smith. They probably don’t shit the bed against the Panthers with him there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Very high probability they would have won in 2021 if they had Cameron Smith. They probably don’t shit the bed against the Panthers with him there.
They shit the bed heaps of times with him: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...tLS0tLS0tLS0teS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t

Why would they be immune to losing with him at 38 years old? Smith and Grant were superior players by then. In fact, they probably would've closed the 4 point margin if Smith had lasted longer than 15 minutes. He was dominant that year.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
They shit the bed heaps of times with him: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/...tLS0tLS0tLS0teS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t

Why would they be immune to losing with him at 38 years old? Smith and Grant were superior players by then. In fact, they probably would've closed the 4 point margin if Smith had lasted longer than 15 minutes. He was dominant that year.
Grandpa Smith was the exception to the rule like Lebron James is in the NBA. They were/are both playing at an incredibly high level they had no right to be capable of at their age. Cameron Smith brought intangibles that Brandon just isn’t able to. I think he would have brought it home against the busted Panthers in 2021.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He played a lot more dummy half in 2021 than this year and had a much better season.
He played about the first 20 mins at dummy half and then played in the middle while Grant took over. He's an absolute gun player but i still don't think his best position is dummy half.