What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's definitely fast. He proved it on that break. He left everyone behind. Edwards didn't run him down, he couldn't even run Jake Arthur down. Edwards had a shorter distance to cover than Simonsson, that's why he caught him. But yes, dumb decision from Simonsson. That's why I doubt he is a genuine fullback option, despite his high work rate.

84 Baby

Referee
The Tigers are a desperate lot. I hear that they have now offered Moses $1.5m and potentially making him the highest paid player in the game. One way or another this figure will eventually come out.

If he stays you can commend for his loyalty but if he goes you can’t blame him either. The difference would be $400k to $500k.
At least if he leaves, it’ll be another one @hindy111 got wrong

Avenger

Immortal
Any talk of Simonsson at fullback should be considered a joke. Gutherson isn’t as fast as Simonsson yet he is infinitely smarter which is why he is the best bang for buck fullback in the comp. I think he is better than Dylan Edwards who is a similar type of player however Gutherson is more versatile thus more valuable.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Any talk of Simonsson at fullback should be considered a joke. Gutherson isn’t as fast as Simonsson yet he is infinitely smarter which is why he is the best bang for buck fullback in the comp. I think he is better than Dylan Edwards who is a similar type of player however Gutherson is more versatile thus more valuable.
Na not really….No one has suggested Simonson as fullback over Gutho, but if Gutho was out, I reckon Simonson is a genuine next up option.

He has NRL experience there, other options are probably Russell who rarely plays there now in NSW cup (and only has 2 games of NRL experienceor maybe Asi…..

obviously Simonson is no where near Gutho’s standard but what other genuine options are there in the squad?

I reckon he is almost a certainty to be our next fullback option…

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He's definitely fast. He proved it on that break. He left everyone behind. Edwards didn't run him down, he couldn't even run Jake Arthur down. Edwards had a shorter distance to cover than Simonsson, that's why he caught him. But yes, dumb decision from Simonsson. That's why I doubt he is a genuine fullback option, despite his high work rate.
Did chasing points get to him?

Moses even came up with similar stupid play when we were still in the game, in the first half.

He made a short side break on the right on the last but instead of putting a kick in, when their was no room to advance the play, he went for the miracle play gifting Panthers position on the half way or so…….

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Russell is probably next up at fullback.
Potentially, but last season he wasn’t even our 1st winger option when there was a full squad. While he his lack of NRL probably counts against him.

Additionally he has hardly played there in NSW cup (we preferred non NRL contracted Williams to play in the halves rather then pushing Rankin there) which leads me to believe he isn’t seen as a genuine first back option. However that could change after this offseason…….

Avenger

Immortal
Did chasing points get to him?

Moses even came up with similar stupid play when we were still in the game, in the first half.

He made a short side break on the right on the last but instead of putting a kick in, when their was no room to advance the play, he went for the miracle play gifting Panthers position on the half way or so…….
Yet the Tigers think he deserves to be the games highest paid player. I just spoke to my brother who is a mad Tigers fan and he couldn’t believe that his team is even contemplating in signing Moses.

And I think my brother represents many Tigers fans which is why I don’t think he will go there. Can you imagine he does and the pressure he would be under and they miss the semis again?

Moses ain’t stupid.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Potentially, but last season he wasn’t even our 1st winger option when there was a full squad.
Well I don't think he's a winger. He is too light. But he played plenty of wing in reserve grade so perhaps they've identified that wing is his best chance of playing first grade in our team, or at least was his best chance last year. Don't forget he is still eligible for Flegg this year, so he is likely a long way from reaching his potential.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just spoke to my brother who is a mad Tigers fan
%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2b335a11-b98c-39e0-93ec-9677ebc4a343.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
Give me some scenarios Pou. What’s he worth to us? It’s all very exciting. Even if he leaves it is because I reckon we will opt to blood Sanders and possibly go for someone else as a marquee possibly a dynamic fullback.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I assume we will get a decision on moses in the next week or two.

He has had the Christmas break to make up his mind. All other major playmakers in the game that were off contract have made there decision.

Time for Mitch to make his decision one way or another so planning for 2024 is easier for the club.

yy_cheng

Coach
Na not really….No one has suggested Simonson as fullback over Gutho, but if Gutho was out, I reckon Simonson is a genuine next up option.

He has NRL experience there, other options are probably Russell who rarely plays there now in NSW cup (and only has 2 games of NRL experienceor maybe Asi…..

obviously Simonson is no where near Gutho’s standard but what other genuine options are there in the squad?

I reckon he is almost a certainty to be our next fullback option…
1. Dyl or moses

6.dyl or moses
7. Ja

That will be our team if guth is out.

In games where guth got injured moses played fullback

Latest posts