What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He hasn't proved nothing yet but. If they rated him at fullback wouldn't he be playing there for NSW CUP? That's the part I don't get.
He was still 19 at the start of the year. If they didn't rate him he would be playing Flegg. We were also low on outside backs, so he was more likely to play there in first grade, plus we had Perham in the squad who is more experienced and can play fullback (and is a worse winger than Russell). I'm keen to see where Russell plays in reserve grade this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Meanwhile, some of Cobbo’s other comments from the podcast appearance have raised eyebrows with the 20-year-old revealing he left the Broncos’ crunch Round 24 clash last season at halftime.

Cobbo was rested from the match and still had faint finals hopes but they were thwarted in a dismal 53-6 hammering by Parramatta. The winger said he had seen enough at halftime when Brisbane were trailing 31-6.

“I sat out that game. They make you go to the game and I left at halftime because we were getting flogged,” Cobbo said.“I just sneaked out.”

@hineyrulz i am sure you are all over this one with the broncos fans up there.
I’m about to send it to a few Donkeys fans I know. It’s going to be delicious!!

lucablight

First Grade
He was still 19 at the start of the year. If they didn't rate him he would be playing Flegg. We were also low on outside backs, so he was more likely to play there in first grade, plus we had Perham in the squad who is more experienced and can play fullback (and is a worse winger than Russell). I'm keen to see where Russell plays in reserve grade this year.
Probably would have retained his first grade spot if he didn’t get injured. Bro seems like he knows how to find the try line.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’m about to send it to a few Donkeys fans I know. It’s going to be delicious!!
I think they may be a trainwreck again now this year which would be glorious after this pre-season.

It would be funny if the Dolphins finish above them wouldn't old Clint Eastwood love that.

Reece Walsh clearly isnt mature enough yet.

Reynolds is another year older.

Payne Haas will probably struggle with his personal issues.

Throw in Cobbo drama.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think so because his go forward is so good. He can use that in any team. The difference is we have such strong running forwards that we don't need so much go forward from our back five.
Maybe but his ball playing is fairly limited, he doesn’t have to do much in that Panthers side. Struggle might have been harsh but I don’t think he would shine as much as he does out of that Panthers system.

The Predictor

Juniors
I think this Moses re signing circus has gone on long enough, Crichton a two time premiership winner is willing to take a significant pay cut to stay loyal, this greedy little turd, who has won zero as yet, wants to squeeze club for every $$….well done gutho u have set a very shitty bar, I think Moses should be let go….these players have no respect for the club, unlike the panthers, I really don’t think he is worth anywhere near that money, and if he signs we know it’s purely for the $$$$$$ , go on piss off, Gillard was the same squeezed us for every $$$ and all of a sudden he was loyal, he had as good as signed with dolphins until we caved

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think so because his go forward is so good. He can use that in any team. The difference is we have such strong running forwards that we don't need so much go forward from our back five.

Bullshit. The better any go forward the better you'll be. Edwards ripped us apart in grand final. Our back 3 gave us little go forward all year untill SIVO returned. We where a different team then.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe but his ball playing is fairly limited, he doesn’t have to do much in that Panthers side. Struggle might have been harsh but I don’t think he would shine as much as he does out of that Panthers system.

Ause he isn't flashy like say Latrell. But he is an awesome player.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s because he is one dimensional like I said. Luke Burt had more going for him.

That's not true but
How's his defense? I'd say best defensive fullback or top 3 atleast.

Is he safe under high ball?

Whats his positioning like?

How does he set the defensive line?

Does he break tackles?

He isn't electric like Teddy but he is a great fullback

hindy111

Post Whore

Read what I said. They didn't rate at fullback.
We had no back up for fullback all season bar Perham. Russel if we see as a fullback should be playing there every week in reserves. If we played him on wing its cause we see him more as a winger.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Probably would have retained his first grade spot if he didn’t get injured. Bro seems like he knows how to find the try line.
Maybe. He scored three tries against a very poor defensive side in the Titans, and our left winger scores plenty no matter who plays there. Russell doesn't make enough metres for a winger, even in reserve grade.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe. He scored three tries against a very poor defensive side in the Titans, and our left winger scores plenty no matter who plays there. Russell doesn't make enough metres for a winger, even in reserve grade.

Yeah that's my issue with Russel. He doesn't seem to have a wingers tough run style. Unless they do see him as a long term fullback but to keep him want to give him time in NRL till Gutherson contract is done.

Black Panther

Juniors
You reckon Edwards is on $500k? LOL.

Gutherson is a better player. In Edwards’ best ever year he still couldn’t make origin. Gutherson last year scored more tries, had more try assists, more line breaks,
more line break assists than Edwards and he is more valuable than Edwards which is why he is on more money. And I reckon the difference is about $100k not what you suggest which highlights Gutherson’s bang for buck.
All that but still has’t won anything. Edwards is probably the best Fullback behind Teddy. And yeah he has won 2 Comps.

500k sounds about on the money for Edwards before his next contract.

Latest posts