What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gutherson
Sivo
Penisini
Simonssen
Russell

Chances are there's an injury at some point in the trial or early rounds anyway.... but if Blake isn't pushed out of the club early, I guess he gets a gig in the centres since we're paying him more than Simonssen/Russell.

lucablight

First Grade
Maybe. He scored three tries against a very poor defensive side in the Titans, and our left winger scores plenty no matter who plays there. Russell doesn't make enough metres for a winger, even in reserve grade.
He’s a better finisher than Simonsson because he appears to have higher footy IQ.

hindy111

Post Whore
Need to give you guys some insights besides the stuff you read on TCT.

All players that we acquired came with very poor conditioning. They all need to get fitter. The exception has been Hodgson. One in particular was in terrible condition but he has an excuse because he was returning from an ACL. Nobody apart from Hodgson has stood out like Papali’i did a few years back. I think we are hoping more than realising that our recruits are quite standard because we have already put most of our chips in the spine, the frontrow and upgraded a few others.

I assume you mean Doorey was in terrible condition?

I reckon our best hopes to turn a few heads are already at the club. Matalele,Tevita are the younger guys with upside.Ogden and Greig are big units who can still offer something if where fit and firing. And Bryce Cartwright still has the skill.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m not a fan but Latrell has more talent in his foreskin.

Did you see the semi-final when Penrith exposed Latrell in defense? There are two sides of the game. Edwards doesn't get exposed and a fullbacks job is to set defensive line.
Latrells positional play in defense is atrocious

Avenger

Immortal
Did you see the semi-final when Penrith exposed Latrell in defense? There are two sides of the game. Edwards doesn't get exposed and a fullbacks job is to set defensive line.
Like I said I’m not a fan. However he is more talented than Edwards. Edwards is just a younger, less talented but cheaper version of Gutherson.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He’s a better finisher than Simonsson because he appears to have higher footy IQ.
Simonsson scored a lot more frequently for the Raiders, and it's not because he was a better finisher then. Who scores the tries in a team is as much about the team as it is about the try scorer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Edwards doesn't get exposed because the game is mostly played in the opposition half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What did you say? TEAM EFFORT

f**king rabbit
Right, so you have to judge Edwards with regard to the team around him. He is a good tackler and makes a lot of metres, but his weaknesses are hidden by the rest of the team. That’s not the case with most players. For example, at the Roosters they didn’t need Mitchell to play fullback, so his lack of stamina wasn’t a factor the way it is at Souths.

hindy111

Post Whore
Right, so you have to judge Edwards with regard to the team around him. He is a good tackler and makes a lot of metres, but his weaknesses are hidden by the rest of the team. That’s not the case with most players. For example, at the Roosters they didn’t need Mitchell to play fullback, so his lack of stamina wasn’t a factor the way it is at Souths.

You're probably right.

Incorrect

Coach
It's pretty easy to take less money, and remain loyal, when you're signing for the reigning Premiers...
My counter point to that would be that it's probably easier to jump ship for the extra cash once you've won a premiership, let alone 2 in the case of Crighton. I would say it's harder to jump for extra cash because more than likely, and as is the case for Crighton, he is being offered a lot more by a weaker team. So, in the case of Moses - do you take the extra 100-200K a year to go to the Dogs or Tigers but start from scratch at a premiership tilt? Or do you look at the team you've got at Parra and say to yourself, my best chance at a premiership is staying with the Eels?

Crighton has 2 premierships now. What's left to prove at the Panthers? And if they can't get anywhere near the Bulldogs offer, why would he stay? He's still got plenty of years in him at NRL level - the challenge of turning the Dogs in to a contender in the next 4-5 years might hold genuine appeal (+plenty of extra $$'s)

So yeah, I reckon it's harder to take less money and remain loyal when you're re-signing for the reigning Premiers...

King-Gutho94

Coach
He won't be able to carry on like a clown Luai and To'o on the field if he leaves.

My counter point to that would be that it's probably easier to jump ship for the extra cash once you've won a premiership, let alone 2 in the case of Crighton. I would say it's harder to jump for extra cash because more than likely, and as is the case for Crighton, he is being offered a lot more by a weaker team. So, in the case of Moses - do you take the extra 100-200K a year to go to the Dogs or Tigers but start from scratch at a premiership tilt? Or do you look at the team you've got at Parra and say to yourself, my best chance at a premiership is staying with the Eels?

Crighton has 2 premierships now. What's left to prove at the Panthers? And if they can't get anywhere near the Bulldogs offer, why would he stay? He's still got plenty of years in him at NRL level - the challenge of turning the Dogs in to a contender in the next 4-5 years might hold genuine appeal (+plenty of extra $$'s)

So yeah, I reckon it's harder to take less money and remain loyal when you're re-signing for the reigning Premiers...