What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Incorrect

Coach
How old are Hindys boys now? Do they play and are they any good?
His eldest I think is about the same age as my eldest, around 17 I'd say... And given there would have been a multitude of articles etc if any of them were making rep teams my suspicion is that they aren't going to be NRL stars....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Russell was sometimes getting rag dolled in reserves while Cini was regularly dragging multiple defenders with him.
Cini was probably our best player in reserve grade. I don't see what's wrong with him that he can't get a top 30 contract anywhere. He was third in the NSW Cup for metres and sixth for tackle breaks: https://www.nswrl.com.au/stats/players/?competition=113&season=2022&stat=1000037

Only 17th for linebreaks, so he was making metres from a lot of tough carries. Also defended quite well: https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/parramatta-eels-nsw-cup/zac-cini/

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In the early training pics of Doorey he did not look like he was in poor shape. Looked like had spent a lot of time in the gym but maybe his aerobic fitness was down.
Plenty of merkins in reserve grade can match the first graders for speed and power. It's their lack of stamina/aerobic fitness that lets them down. Some of them also struggle to keep the weight on (and lose strength) if they do enough running to get fit enough. This limit is pretty much genetic. Guys like Stone and Rodwell might fit this category. I believe Gallen did as well, once upon a time.

Then of course there are merkins with great genes but are just lazy with shit attitudes. They lack discipline and don't like pain so they never do the conditioning work required.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Personally, I disagree - but I think both are great players.

I love Gutherson, but I actually think Edwards would be a better fit for us - a tackle-breaking running machine, as opposed to a skilful, ball-playing fullback.
Gutherson has been one of our best playmakers in recent years. Without him we'd be fairly rudderless in attack. Hodgson should improve this, as should a soon-to-be-23 Dylan Brown.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cini was probably our best player in reserve grade. I don't see what's wrong with him that he can't get a top 30 contract anywhere. He was third in the NSW Cup for metres and sixth for tackle breaks: https://www.nswrl.com.au/stats/players/?competition=113&season=2022&stat=1000037

Only 17th for linebreaks, so he was making metres from a lot of tough carries. Also defended quite well: https://www.nswrl.com.au/players/nsw-cup/parramatta-eels-nsw-cup/zac-cini/

Yeah I can only assume he wasn't good under the high ball and why he was moved to centre. He might be a suprise packet.

SneakyEel

Juniors
Need to give you guys some insights besides the stuff you read on TCT.

All players that we acquired came with very poor conditioning. They all need to get fitter. The exception has been Hodgson. One in particular was in terrible condition but he has an excuse because he was returning from an ACL. Nobody apart from Hodgson has stood out like Papali’i did a few years back. I think we are hoping more than realising that our recruits are quite standard because we have already put most of our chips in the spine, the frontrow and upgraded a few others.
I've heard different Avenger. I've heard that Doorey, Murchie, Hopgood, and Hodgson have been impressive. Momoisea has been good but not as good as the others I've mentioned. The other recruits not so much.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Yeah I can only assume he wasn't good under the high ball and why he was moved to centre. He might be a suprise packet.
Being moved to centre isnt usually demotion due to a weakness...
He carries like a forward. Runs down speedsters. Seems to have sound hands.... but he is a ginger!

hindy111

Post Whore
I've heard different Avenger. I've heard that Doorey, Murchie, Hopgood, and Hodgson have been impressive. Momoisea has been good but not as good as the others I've mentioned. The other recruits not so much.

Who are the other recruits?

Tiger5150

Bench
I think this Moses re signing circus has gone on long enough, Crichton a two time premiership winner is willing to take a significant pay cut to stay loyal, this greedy little turd, who has won zero as yet, wants to squeeze club for every $$….well done gutho u have set a very shitty bar, I think Moses should be let go….these players have no respect for the club, unlike the panthers, I really don’t think he is worth anywhere near that money, and if he signs we know it’s purely for the $$$$$$ , go on piss off, Gillard was the same squeezed us for every $$$ and all of a sudden he was loyal, he had as good as signed with dolphins until we caved

Im with you......its a tragedy when a junior comes through the lower grades and then another club simply drops in a poaches them based on $$$$$. Hopefully Moses is loyal to the Eels after all they did for him coming through as a junior.

I cant ever imagine a time when Mitchell Moses would be mercenary enough to leave for more money. God forbid!!! and surely he would never tank games and pull the mental health card to get out of his Contract early?

Not Mitch surely....tell me it isnt so?

DaveMc

Juniors
Im with you......its a tragedy when a junior comes through the lower grades and then another club simply drops in a poaches them based on $$$$$. Hopefully Moses is loyal to the Eels after all they did for him coming through as a junior.

I cant ever imagine a time when Mitchell Moses would be mercenary enough to leave for more money. God forbid!!! and surely he would never tank games and pull the mental health card to get out of his Contract early?

I am so torn between wanting Moses to re-sign, and wanting him to go back to the Tigers so we can see the apoplexy and/or mental gymnastics of so many Wests fans who have despised the ground he walks on for the last 5 or so years.

Tiger5150

Bench
I am so torn between wanting Moses to re-sign, and wanting him to go back to the Tigers so we can see the apoplexy and/or mental gymnastics of so many Wests fans who have despised the ground he walks on for the last 5 or so years.

Mate Ill be the first in line...bloke is a complete merkin and Ill welcome him back with open arms, no doubt to label him as a downhill skier by round 6.

JokerEel

Coach

This post confused me..

Is it sarcasm about Moses staying loyal as he came through our juniors..

Because the second part is jest..

Tiger5150

Bench
This post confused me..

Is it sarcasm about Moses staying loyal as he came through our juniors..

Because the second part is jest..

Born in Ryde (Tigers) , junior clubs Holy Cross and Carlingford (Tigers). Wests Tigers SG Ball & NYC from 2012 to 2014 but yes played 1 year at parra in Harold Matts before Parra cut him so yeah.....Parra Junior.