What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And here's Benny spinning the same story five years later. tHeY dIdN't WaNt HiM fFs!!!:

“My heart bleeds because I love the Tigers — but I understand why the kid did what he did. He was forced into a corner. He was told by the hierarchy he wasn’t a priority.”

“Have a look at the statement, they said they were withdrawing his offer to focus on Tedesco and Woods."

If you ask for too much of course merkins will tell you to f**k off and withdraw their offer. It doesn't mean they didn't want you.

chiefy1

Bench
I think this Moses re signing circus has gone on long enough, Crichton a two time premiership winner is willing to take a significant pay cut to stay loyal, this greedy little turd, who has won zero as yet, wants to squeeze club for every $$….well done gutho u have set a very shitty bar, I think Moses should be let go….these players have no respect for the club, unlike the panthers, I really don’t think he is worth anywhere near that money, and if he signs we know it’s purely for the $$$$$$ , go on piss off, Gillard was the same squeezed us for every $$$ and all of a sudden he was loyal, he had as good as signed with dolphins until we caved

That's 100% correct. Captain shit for brains Gutherson set the precedent, whinged to the media and carried on like a clown in his negotiations and tore the club a new ass hole, a great role model, its no wonder so many left for the coin, and many negotiations are dragging on. Gutho may be on 750 but he is actually costing the club millions. A smarter club wouldn't have signed him after his negotiation antics, and there's no way he should be the leader of the club, I'd take Edwards every day of the week.

Cloeel

Juniors
That's 100% correct. Captain shit for brains Gutherson set the precedent, whinged to the media and carried on like a clown in his negotiations and tore the club a new ass hole, a great role model, its no wonder so many left for the coin, and many negotiations are dragging on. Gutho may be on 750 but he is actually costing the club millions. A smarter club wouldn't have signed him after his negotiation antics, and there's no way he should be the leader of the club, I'd take Edwards every day of the week.

Who would you have signed instead? That would be bang for buck as good and reliable (also available at the time) as Gutherson?

Where is the line in the sand when it comes to players wanting to do what's best for themselves. Whilst managing fans expectations (is/should this even a consideration???)

Reckon Gutherson sits a home wondering what fans would find suitable for him to eat for dinner?

At the end of the day if Gutherson was rubbish/not performing Parra would find a way to boot him quick smart.

It is a business - both player and club are going to be doing what works best for there own self interest.

Glenneel

Bench
I think this Moses re signing circus has gone on long enough, Crichton a two time premiership winner is willing to take a significant pay cut to stay loyal, this greedy little turd, who has won zero as yet, wants to squeeze club for every $$….well done gutho u have set a very shitty bar, I think Moses should be let go….these players have no respect for the club, unlike the panthers, I really don’t think he is worth anywhere near that money, and if he signs we know it’s purely for the $$$$$$ , go on piss off, Gillard was the same squeezed us for every $$$ and all of a sudden he was loyal, he had as good as signed with dolphins until we caved
Predictor, you are contracted to a firm you love working for for 5 plus years with 5 years to go before you retire earning $100k. During contract negotiations another firm offers you a 40% increase - do you go or stay???

Glenneel

Bench
Gutho had a very good end of the season. Untill about rnd 16 he dead set looked shot.
Most called for his head.
His figures last year were elite in comparison to other fullbacks, must be a perception if we think he had a bad year. Had some bad games (and bad errors leading to trys) but generally one of his best years ever stats wise.

Glenneel

Bench
Some great players dont win comps.

Players get lucky or unlucky where they end up.

Tommy Turbo has won the same amount of Dally M Medals then Finals games so far.

If he doesnt get his hamstring sorted he wont win a comp
Some great players never even play in a gf.

Glenneel

Bench
The only fullback I’d swap for Gutherson is Tedesco. The rest are either overrated, injury prone or bad for team morale. We’ve been there and done that with a superstar fullback and it failed miserably.
With Hayne in THIS team I'd imagine we'd probably win a comp. Hayne played in some very ordinary shit teams and made them look much better than they were.

Glenneel

Bench
He’s a better finisher than Simonsson because he appears to have higher footy IQ.
Not sure why some here rate Simonsson so poorly. Has pace (not elite but above average) and good defensively. Makes some very good decisions in D coming in off the wing to smash a centre. Look at his games last year to refresh your memory and yes not out of place at centre, so versatile also.

Glenneel

Bench
Did you see the semi-final when Penrith exposed Latrell in defense? There are two sides of the game. Edwards doesn't get exposed and a fullbacks job is to set defensive line.
Latrells positional play in defense is atrocious
Has the worse fitness of any fullback (and if honest any NRL player) going around and most probably the reason why out of position in D so often. Doesn't like to run and after any decent run is on his haunches for 10 mins recovering. Get him running to tire him out.

hindy111

Post Whore
Did you hear this at TCT? As a general rule you need to dial down their gushing over every player by about 60%.

Sure but what else do you expect them to do? Say they look ordinary?
I feel 60s guy hasn't really gushed over anyone yet this year. He has talked Hodgson up is about all. Reckons Barrett seems good. Mentioned Hopgood has nice balls skills.
Other then that only heard him mention that Russel looks to have come back very well.

He wouldn't sign because the Tigers offered more.
Source...?
Things I've read over the years, in particular some quotes by his uncle Ben.
So other Ben quotes about not being a priority, or go elsewhere and do you best, there's no specific source for your claim that Moses didn't sign for our SG Ball because the Tigers offered more money then...?

Those quotes can equally be about game time or the pecking order, rather than money. But do carry on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Has the worse fitness of any fullback (and if honest any NRL player) going around and most probably the reason why out of position in D so often. Doesn't like to run and after any decent run is on his haunches for 10 mins recovering. Get him running to tire him out.
And when we played them we kicked down his throat all night, didn’t make the fat merkin run once all game.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't mind seeing the DOGS and Tigers go well.
It's sad seeing them so weak for so long . Much more exciting playing them when they are a tough side then the likes of Storm or Sharks for example.
Just as Dogs and Tigers fans deep down would enjoy both our sides being strong so when meet its a real battle.

Latest posts