What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
Take him back. We are a strong powerfull club it won't bother us.

Mate, Im not proud, I'll take him.

I cant stand Parra because a) I grew up in the Hills as a Tigers fan in the 80's and b) the merkinery involved with the Moses and Matterson signings but there is no other way to paint it that you guys were 2022 GF'ists. Moses is a merkin of the highest order and I have doubts around his decision making and going missing in tough times, but beggars cant be choosers and particularly with the pack we have collected, he is probably one of the final pieces of the puzzle to make us competitive. Plus Im a sucker for romance and want to see him and Brooks succeed together.

TheCrowe

Juniors

I cant stand Parra because a) I grew up in the Hills as a Tigers fan in the 80's and b) the merkinery involved with the Moses and Matterson signings but there is no other way to paint it that you guys were 2022 GF'ists. Moses is a merkin of the highest order and I have doubts around his decision making and going missing in tough times, but beggars cant be choosers and particularly with the pack we have collected, he is probably one of the final pieces of the puzzle to make us competitive. Plus Im a sucker for romance and want to see him and Brooks succeed together.
You are not beggars. You have $1.5m to offer him apparently. Rest of the squad might feel like beggars. Hope Benji can teach him to ski up hill.

Tiger5150

Bench
You are not beggars. You have $1.5m to offer him apparently. Rest of the squad might feel like beggars. Hope Benji can teach him to ski up hill.

Mate we have had money to spend for a long time now but shockingly Latrell, JAC, Munster havent been interested in taking it. I dont blame them obviously and understood the hesitancy if Papali'i to come over, but with the addition or Papali'i, Api, Bateman, Klemmer, Staines, it is starting to resemble a first grade team, especially the pack and Im hoping a more attractive option.

You guys have had one of the best packs in the comp to put Mitch at the top of the slope each set and even though its weaker, its still strong. Im hoping he sees that the pack the Tigers have put together can sit him atop the same slope that Brooks has been puffing up all these years..

Of course if he re-signs at Parra, he is a complete merkin and you pack or merkins deserve him. Its a win-win.

JokerEel

Coach
Born in Ryde (Tigers) , junior clubs Holy Cross and Carlingford (Tigers). Wests Tigers SG Ball & NYC from 2012 to 2014 but yes played 1 year at parra in Harold Matts before Parra cut him so yeah.....Parra Junior.

Isn't his uncle a Tigers legend imagine everyone shock he played his junior footy for the same area he grew up..

Parra cut him?

eels_fan

First Grade
His eldest I think is about the same age as my eldest, around 17 I'd say... And given there would have been a multitude of articles etc if any of them were making rep teams my suspicion is that they aren't going to be NRL stars....
Believe Buster is in the U16 Eels development squad

The Predictor

Juniors
He won't be able to carry on like a clown Luai and To'o on the field if he leaves.
Yes he will, he’s going to the dogs
With Moses, the article notes his agent is (cousin?) Isaac Moses... so I expect Isaac is just doing his job to push Parra's offer as high as it reasonably needs to go for Mitchell to re-sign (albeit for unders compared to other offers, but maximised in terms of what they can get the Eels to give).
we have offered enough!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Born in Ryde (Tigers) , junior clubs Holy Cross and Carlingford (Tigers). Wests Tigers SG Ball & NYC from 2012 to 2014 but yes played 1 year at parra in Harold Matts before Parra cut him so yeah.....Parra Junior.
Nobody cuts Harold Matts merkins unless they can’t play. But back then the Tigers were spending plenty of money poaching junior players. Look at all the former Tigers ‘juniors’ playing for other clubs now, from Fifita to JAC to Papenhuyzen.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
I've heard different Avenger. I've heard that Doorey, Murchie, Hopgood, and Hodgson have been impressive. Momoisea has been good but not as good as the others I've mentioned. The other recruits not so much.
I'm saying before they arrived, buddy. The initial impression, not now.

Avenger

Immortal

Sadly for you and the Tigers, it's not happening. He is staying.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not this one, though you can read between the lines here:

"Mitchell was an Eels junior, absolutely," Elias said. "But when I spoke to a certain bloke at the club about keeping him, he basically told me to go elsewhere and do my best. So I went to the Tigers, to recruitment manager Warren McDonnell, who signed him after watching one game. I think the Eels will be feeling pretty sick and sorry now."