What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't mind seeing the DOGS and Tigers go well.
It's sad seeing them so weak for so long . Much more exciting playing them when they are a tough side then the likes of Storm or Sharks for example.
Just as Dogs and Tigers fans deep down would enjoy both our sides being strong so when meet its a real battle.
Stuff them i would prefer the Dogs to fall arse over again this year but i suspect they will jump into the 8.

Dogs and Tigers weren't feeling sorry for us between 2010-2016 so why should we offer them sympathy.

Plus the more the Tigers struggle the more kids will want to jump ship and start supporting a better team like perhaps Parra which would help in the long run.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Stuff them i would prefer the Dogs to fall arse over again this year but i suspect they will jump into the 8.

Dogs and Tigers weren't feeling sorry for us between 2010-2016 so why should we offer them sympathy.

Plus the more the Tigers struggle the more kids will want to jump ship and start supporting a better team like perhaps Parra which would help in the long run.

No fullback, poor halfback, lost their best forward from last year. Yes they have gained Mahoney and Kikau but Reed was a serviceable performer in a strong side whilst up until last season Kikau was a mercurial aspect of a strong side. How will they go now that they're the big dogs (pun very much intended) in a poor side?

They'll be better than last year but they've got a long way to go before making the 8

Avenger

Immortal
It isn’t good for the game to have so many Sydney based teams struggling however I’m glad we are not one of them.

Is there anything better than the anticipated start to a new season when your team just made a grand final and the team is relatively still strong?

Someone asked me recently what my favourite pastime was. I said it was following this team.

Noise

Coach
Are there that many Sydney teams struggling? Penrith, Parra, Cronulla, Souths and Roosters are all strong. Manly is entirely dependent on Toms fitness. The only weak teams are Tigers, Dragons and Dogs (even they showed massive improvement in the back half of the year)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So other Ben quotes about not being a priority, or go elsewhere and do you best, there's no specific source for your claim that Moses didn't sign for our SG Ball because the Tigers offered more money then...?

Those quotes can equally be about game time or the pecking order, rather than money. But do carry on.
I can’t find the quotes, but I definitely read/heard he left for money. I believe it because it made sense. His actions since then have confirmed it.

I just find the rivalry fun and far more atmosphere at a game against Sydney based sides.
Bulldogs vs Eels are my favorite games every year. I love the rivalry it has, super underrated imo when to other rivalries. I can remember that 2019 game where Nathan Brown and Josh Jackson got into it and it was very grubby and tough all game from both sides. Since then its been so Eel dominate other than the Queens Birthday game this year which also was a spicy game. Commbank often sells out and Homebush gets around 25-30k when its Bulldogs vs Eels. Good fun

Tooooks

Bench
I’d be surprised if Mitch doesnt re-sign with Parra. He’s already got a multi-million dollar property portfolio and probably other investments. He’s set for life. I realise 300-400k a year to sign with Tigers is a lot of money but our offer will be enough I reckon.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I’d be surprised if Mitch doesnt re-sign with Parra. He’s already got a multi-million dollar property portfolio and probably other investments. He’s set for life. I realise 300-400k a year to sign with Tigers is a lot of money but our offer will be enough I reckon.

Can't just look at it as 300-400k, if the length of the deal is 4 years for both that's an extra 1.2-1.6 million. That's a lot of money, even for someone earning a million a year.

Latest posts