What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bandwagon

Staff member
No it doesn't.

Of course it does, if we accept business wants to minimise costs where practical, and we accept your assertion that "They have more control over how much they spend on labour than many of their other costs" then it follows that business would want to control the costs of that thing that they have more control over.

And if they do control the costs of labour, as you assert they can, then the cost of labour isn't going to be increasing at the same rate as their other input costs, which means that the cost of labour isn't what's driving their rising costs, at least not near the degree of everything else.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course it does, if we accept business wants to minimise costs where practical, and we accept your assertion that "They have more control over how much they spend on labour than many of their other costs" then it follows that business would want to control the costs of that thing that they have more control over.

And if they do control the costs of labour, as you assert they can, then the cost of labour isn't going to be increasing at the same rate as their other input costs, which means that the cost of labour isn't what's driving their rising costs, at least not near the degree of everything else.
You're ignoring the fact that people are free to leave and chase the money at rival employers. While employers might want to control costs, in an environment of low unemployment that usually means requiring more from fewer employees rather than trying to keep them all while paying them less.

Bandwagon

Staff member
You're ignoring the fact that people are free to leave and chase the money at rival employers. While employers might want to control costs, in an environment of low unemployment that usually means requiring more from fewer employees rather than trying to keep them all while paying them less.

I'm not ignoring anything, fact is that wages are only now starting to rise due to those pressures, it's widely accepted beyond any doubt that the inflation experienced over the last few years is not, and has not been driven by wages.

Do you accept that? Or do you have some alternative facts to share?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm not ignoring anything, fact is that wages are only now starting to rise due to those pressures, it's widely accepted beyond any doubt that the inflation experienced over the last few years is not, and has not been driven by wages.

Do you accept that? Or do you have some alternative facts to share?
I don’t know why you’re fixated on inflation. From the perspective of the business trying to stay viable it doesn’t matter why costs are increasing. They just are. The costs that can be controlled might have nothing to do with inflation. It really doesn’t matter.

Do you see? If inflation is reducing the viability of a business the solution for that business isn’t to reduce inflation. It’s out of their hands.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don’t know why you’re fixated on inflation. From the perspective of the business trying to stay viable it doesn’t matter why costs are increasing. They just are.

The short answer is I'm not, I posted a position, you disagreed and posted a counter to that, I replied, and so on, it's not a fixation, it's a discussion.

Should I have simply ignored your replies?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The short answer is I'm not, I posted a position, you disagreed and posted a counter to that, I replied, and so on, it's not a fixation, it's a discussion.
No, I posted a position and you posted a counter. My reply was to loser baby and your reply was to me. Then you kept trying to make it all about inflation, which had nothing to do with my initial point that businesses were losing money and reducing labour costs was one of their only mechanisms to reverse it. Yes we know there's inflation. No it doesn't entitle workers to a job-for-life at the expense of the Capitalist.
Should I have simply ignored your replies?
Only if you didn't want me to expose how little you know.

Bandwagon

Staff member
No, I posted a position and you posted a counter. My reply was to loser baby and your reply was to me. Then you kept trying to make it all about inflation, which had nothing to do with my initial point that businesses were losing money and reducing labour costs was one of their only mechanisms to reverse it. Yes we know there's inflation. No it doesn't entitle workers to a job-for-life at the expense of the Capitalist.

No one said it does mate, nice strawman.

Only if you didn't want me to expose how little you know.

Lolz mate, you know that 'aint happening.

Latest posts