What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

yy_cheng

Coach
Though a burton moses combo is better than a burton flanagan combo
I don't troll. I was told 6 weeks ago he is going nowhere. Last night told this. True yes.
Does it mean he will jump ship? NO. Bit sound slide he is fishing around still.

I find a Burton and Moses combo odd. Both of their strongest points are kicking games. I don't get the purpose of two halves who's best attributes negate each other.

Gronk

Staff member
@hindy111 you trolling brah or deadset?

I don't troll. I was told 6 weeks ago he is going nowhere. Last night told this. True yes.
Does it mean he will jump ship? NO. Bit sound slide he is fishing around still.

I find a Burton and Moses combo odd. Both of their strongest points are kicking games. I don't get the purpose of two halves who's best attributes negate each other.
So if he stays you are correct or if he goes to the dogs you are the certified source of all eels goss. I hope that he doesn't sign with the Dolphins. That would be embarrassing.

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t know about you guys but I’m not fussed if he leaves. We still have him this year and by 2024 he will already have passed his peak. Ben Hunt who I rate highly was self aware and took a paycut to stay when he knew his best was past him despite being a current origin player. Moses knows that he will also regress which is why he is trying to squeeze us as much as possible which is why he as yet hasn’t committed.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don’t know about you guys but I’m not fussed if he leaves. We still have him this year and by 2024 he will already have passed his peak. Ben Hunt who I rate highly was self aware and took a paycut to stay when he knew his best was past him despite being a current origin player. Moses knows that he will also regress which is why he is trying to squeeze us as much as possible which is why he as yet hasn’t committed.
I am not too fussed about him going now that we have signed Dyl to a long term contract.

Though I would have liked him for 2024 as I feel our pack is around it's peak and this year and next would be our greatest chance.

come 2025, our pack would be slowing down and we'll probably be without hodgo. So being down a hooker and possibly w/o BA, it would be time for a new direction and rebuild in 2025 especially w/o Moses too.

Dyl can't do it alone, even though he is on an upward spiral.

Sterlo and Kenny couldn't do it w/o Price and the Crow.
Kenny couldn't do it w/o Sterlo.

It took Monie time to win it after getting the reins from Gibbo.

So w/o Moses in 2024, I feel we really then only have this year to do it.

Cloeel

Juniors

It will be very disappointing if we bend over and increase our offer - even if it is only $1 more.

Avenger

Immortal
I am not too fussed about him going now that we have signed Dyl to a long term contract.

Though I would have liked him for 2024 as I feel our pack is around it's peak and this year and next would be our greatest chance.

come 2025, our pack would be slowing down and we'll probably be without hodgo. So being down a hooker and possibly w/o BA, it would be time for a new direction and rebuild in 2025 especially w/o Moses too.

Dyl can't do it alone, even though he is on an upward spiral.

Sterlo and Kenny couldn't do it w/o Price and the Crow.
Kenny couldn't do it w/o Sterlo.

It took Monie time to win it after getting the reins from Gibbo.

So w/o Moses in 2024, I feel we really then only have this year to do it.
Which to my understanding the sticking point has always been the length of the re-signing. Anything past 2024 is a risk in relation to succession planning.

hindy111

Post Whore
So if he stays you are correct or if he goes to the dogs you are the certified source of all eels goss. I hope that he doesn't sign with the Dolphins. That would be embarrassing.

Why? You think that both my information can't be correct? I thought done deal till I heard this. Sure he still may stay but the thing is he is yet to decide which I thought he had.

I'm not embarrassed. I am just relaying information I've received and posting in a rumours thread. Yes I have little birds. Most the shit I have said is circulating in media. The fact is its actualy 100% on the money.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't care if Moses leaves. I reckon we may need a new direction and I am happy to have a rebuild year in 2024 with hope in 2025 we are on the fringe of finals and by 2026 we have a fresh squad ready to challenge for 3-4 more years.
It's silly to expect to be up the top challenging every year. Knowing when to blow it up is important to long term success. Do it to late and you can end up taking years to rebuild. Be smart about it and it can be a short turnaround.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I don't care if Moses leaves. I reckon we may need a new direction and I am happy to have a rebuild year in 2024 with hope in 2025 we are on the fringe of finals and by 2026 we have a fresh squad ready to challenge for 3-4 more years.
It's silly to expect to be up the top challenging every year. Knowing when to blow it up is important to long term success. Do it to late and you can end up taking years to rebuild. Be smart about it and it can be a short turnaround.
Pretty much agree. My only concern is the apparent lack of quality at halfback in the NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
Why? You think that both my information can't be correct? I thought done deal till I heard this. Sure he still may stay but the thing is he is yet to decide which I thought he had.

I'm not embarrassed. I am just relaying information I've received and posting in a rumours thread. Yes I have little birds. Most the shit I have said is circulating in media. The fact is its actualy 100% on the money.
Sure mate. I get my goss from @chiefy1 who is more reliable.

Noise

Coach
Storm, Roosters and Panthers seem to challenge every year. Why couldn’t we? ‘Blowing it up’ is an NBA term that doesn’t really apply to league. They only have 5 on the court, have a draft every year that they can tank for , can cut players without effecting salary cap (u just pay them out) and it’s much easier to trade players in the NBA, so can blow it up and start again quite easily, as quickly as 1 season. None of this applies to league. You blow it up in League and you’re looking at 5 season plus rebuild.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Storm, Roosters and Panthers seem to challenge every year. Why couldn’t we? ‘Blowing it up’ is an NBA term that doesn’t really apply to league. They only have 5 on the court, have a draft every year that they can tank for , can cut players without effecting salary cap (u just pay them out) and it’s much easier to trade players in the NBA, so can blow it up and start again quite easily, as quickly as 1 season. None of this applies to league. You blow it up in League and you’re looking at 5 season plus rebuild.
The length of the rebuild (and the size of the premiership window) depends on the strength of the club. The Chooks only spent 2016 rebuilding and have been in a premiership window ever since. They are third in premiership betting right now while we aren’t even top five.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Exactly rebuilds are clubs like the Tigers, Titans and Warriors who are forever in the bottom half. And where has it got them.