What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Just back from the junior rep trials agst the Riff.

Matts were for some reason slow line speed and dominated up the middle in the first half, got some ball back in th second half but lost 6 tries to 3. Best player was probably Dom Farrugia who looked dangerous at both wing and fullback and scored . Ocean Vaivela who was signed from QLD led the charge in the second half and looked promising. Need to tidy up the simple things , after easily accounting for the Dogs last week, this was a reality check.

Ball played very well, won 6 tries to 3 with a further 3 disallowed, some booming conversions from the new 7 Josh Lynn and his direction around the ruck was also strong. The 2 hulking props, Tuivati and Fualema secured the middle , with the right edge of Pensisi and Parry dangerous. The fullback Api Twidle was safe and quick, one memorable cover tackle chasing down a wing break was very good. At one stage with a player sin binned the Eels did not concede a try and I think scored one. Forwards were solid and a good win. Last weeks loss to the Dogs points probably to how good they were.

Hind11 mentioned the half for the Riff, was outplayed on the day by Lynn, but was trying to get things moving, not a stand out from him.

Just my thoughts

were you at the Matt’s game, dogs vS eels last week?

strider

Post Whore
Just back from the junior rep trials agst the Riff.

Matts were for some reason slow line speed and dominated up the middle in the first half, got some ball back in th second half but lost 6 tries to 3. Best player was probably Dom Farrugia who looked dangerous at both wing and fullback and scored . Ocean Vaivela who was signed from QLD led the charge in the second half and looked promising. Need to tidy up the simple things , after easily accounting for the Dogs last week, this was a reality check.

Ball played very well, won 6 tries to 3 with a further 3 disallowed, some booming conversions from the new 7 Josh Lynn and his direction around the ruck was also strong. The 2 hulking props, Tuivati and Fualema secured the middle , with the right edge of Pensisi and Parry dangerous. The fullback Api Twidle was safe and quick, one memorable cover tackle chasing down a wing break was very good. At one stage with a player sin binned the Eels did not concede a try and I think scored one. Forwards were solid and a good win. Last weeks loss to the Dogs points probably to how good they were.

Hind11 mentioned the half for the Riff, was outplayed on the day by Lynn, but was trying to get things moving, not a stand out from him.

Just my thoughts
Probably entirely unrelated but today i saw a Penrith bus, likely fully painted panthers bus, on the road to Oatley .... theres no decent footy fields down that way. I can only imagine they diverted for pies.

Probably entirely unrelated but today i saw a Penrith bus, likely fully painted panthers bus, on the road to Oatley .... theres no decent footy fields down that way. I can only imagine they diverted for pies.
Carss Park? I remember playing in a large touch football tournament around there, back when I was semi-fit...

strider

Post Whore
Carss Park? I remember playing in a large touch football tournament around there, back when I was semi-fit...
Carrs park is st george area but different direction. You wouldnt be on the road to oatley if you were going there.

The train line is closed for maintenace today. With replacement buses ... maybe they brought in the penruff bus to transport the non westies

lucablight

First Grade
I think it makes sense though. We don’t need him as much as more desperate clubs, so he isn’t worth as much to us. That means we shouldn’t be able to pay him as much.
Not saying this isn’t the case but I wonder if this is going to be the line every time we miss out on signing a player. He’s only signed at the Broncos for 1 year so it’s a low risk signing for them anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not saying this isn’t the case but I wonder if this is going to be the line every time we miss out on signing a player. He’s only signed at the Broncos for 1 year so it’s a low risk signing for them anyway.
I said weeks ago that I couldn’t see why he’d sign with us. We would have more money tied up in middle forwards than any other club.