What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
The extending of Penisiiiii ( he he he extend) should have nothing to do with the re-signing of Moses.

He’s the best back the club has produced since Hayne and was a must keep IMO. If we can’t keep a talent like him we should have no business calling ourselves a development club. I’m very excited about the extending!!
How long is his (he he he) contract, again?

SneakyEel

Juniors
Did anyone else see the team promotion video photo shoot for 2023? Featured both Dunster and Cartwright maybe they've managed to get the starting gig for 2023?

hindy111

Post Whore
Peninsi to UNION will be the talk. But if he becomes a good NRL centre he will command 500-600k. What can union pay him?

Also on MATTO. Why the hell can't he change his decision. NRL are a joke. What circus are they running?

Fans want to see the best players. And they pay for it also. Why the hell are you denying us what we want. Let him pay the fine and flip the call.
Peanuts.

84 Baby

Referee
I don't know the answer to your first question but I guess he had 24 hours to consider whether to accept the fine, accept the suspension or fight the charge. I don't think anyone has accepted a 3 game suspension over a fine in years, maybe ever?
I’m not agreeing with Matto’s handling, just that the NRL is f**ked. Players are being essentially forced into accepting a fine to make things easier for everyone. Would you be happy to pay a fine because it makes the job of the penaliser easier?
Also the monetary fine and the 3 week suspension don’t really seem commensurate.
As for the 2nd question, I do know that all NRL charges have to be made within 24 hours of the game. So the NRL always considers the penalty in 24 hours
The reason behind that is they want the penalty set because they play every week. That’s less a factor once the season is ended. The need to do it so quickly has without a doubt led to errors previously (which is to be fair still bizarre given all the games are recorded in high def and there’d be no shortage of people willing to watch games) and their offset to that error risk is to fine players instead.

Noise

Coach
Would you be happy to pay a fine because it makes the job of the penaliser easier?
Also the monetary fine and the 3 week suspension don’t really seem commensurate.
I'd be happy to pay a fine if it benefited my team mates and their team goal of winning. That would take precedent over how easy it is for the NRL to manage
The reason behind that is they want the penalty set because they play every week. That’s less a factor once the season is ended.
Maybe so, but it is the policy. You don't just change the policy because a team isn't playing the next week, whether it is because of a bye, or the final game of the season. Is it fair that a player that cops a charge in the final week of competition and has semis next week have to enter his plea on Tuesday but a player from the opposing team who doesn't make the 8 gets 5 months to enter his plea and develop his case? And if he wants to take it to the judiciary is the judiciary then forced to come together in January because that suits the player?