What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just wondering mate, how does a coach without half a clue make it to a grand final?

Haha fair enough. I mispoke.

Honestly, I don't mind Arthur - he has shown he can can coach.

But I'm very frustrated that he has also shown he cannot get us out of the hole we are in, and our style of play hasn't really improved much over the years.

I think we need new ideas.

gaffer

Juniors

But I'm very frustrated that he has also shown he cannot get us out of the hole we are in, and our style of play hasn't really improved much over the years.

he wont let new ideas near the team in case they are better than his old ideas

King-Gutho94

Coach

Is he talking about NROWN?
Not sure

Ill you what though the club seems pretty blasé about the position they are in.

Drown was basically laughing at suggestions we will miss the finals on Tuesday.

BA doesn't seem too concerned either.

Gutho was pretty similar in his radio interview on Tuesday.

I suppose its good they are not panicking but i personally think they have missed there chance to make up ground over the past month.

And if they cant win in the next fortnight then the climb up may be too steep.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

He’s stubborn and he refuses to learn from his shortcomings, he’s still making the same mistakes that he was 10 seasons ago. He continually surrounds himself with the coaching dregs of the NRL.

Is he talking about NROWN?
Brad Arthur himself opening by saying the main thing is the win and loss column result... what would Pou say with all of his other obtuse deflection statistics?!

Arthur saying we need to turn the tight games into wins (well, der...) and that "we can't sugar coat it - we need to win, it's as simple as that".

hindy111

Post Whore

With our side you go into a lotnof games favourite. Tell me how many times we've been underdogs and won. I can think of plenty of times we have been overwhelming favourites and got beaten. Or been underdogs and been flogged. Only a very very few times we've been not expected to win and come out and won.

Great squad with an average coach.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brad Arthur himself opening by saying the main thing is the win and loss column result... what would Pou say with all of his other obtuse deflection statistics?!

Arthur saying we need to turn the tight games into wins (well, der...) and that "we can't sugar coat it - we need to win, it's as simple as that".
The mind of a footballing genius, FMD.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With our side you go into a lotnof games favourite. Tell me how many times we've been underdogs and won. I can think of plenty of times we have been overwhelming favourites and got beaten. Or been underdogs and been flogged. Only a very very few times we've been not expected to win and come out and won.

Great squad with an average coach.
We made the GF despite Sir Baldalot and his garbage coaching staff. It makes you wonder what a real coach could of done with that team. Oh well Stability is way more important and having a bloke who coaches 5-7mins away depending on traffic.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Everyone’s defence is poor in the middle when they’re isolated. This is why Penrith get numbers into the tackle. Honestly, I think our most disappointing player this year has been Paulo. Despite huge attacking games against Melbourne and Penrith.
Over used last year plus the World Cup and a poor pre season. Hasnt even been mowing his lawns as noticed on Ken Dolls interview. Came home from the WC played video games and ate. Check my predictions thread mo-fo. Not hard to predict.
That said Im hoping the bye freshens him up but given his 2 week suspension didnt theres no guarantee.

IFR33K

Coach

he certainly has his limitations and is extremely stubborn.

IFR33K

Coach

I would have thought he’s a stats man.