What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No you think you have, but you are wrong. If the supply of loaves of bread does not meet demand, the price goes up and there is a bidding war, either retailers or wholesalers are bidding against each other to the supplier which is the mechanism for how the price goes up.
That’s right. The consumer is insulated from these impacts at any point in time due to the scale of the market, and the ability of supply to respond to demand. As you say, this is quite different to the rugby league player market. And it’s also not the same.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This.

Joe Offa and Lussick are poor signings. Davey is bog, but i sort of understand why we got him.

they are bandaid solutions that we are now stuck with for multiple years and dont offer anything to our side. its annoying that we tried to salvage our season by committing long term to more aging/average players. it is short sighted. the money could have been better spent on one solid outside back who can take a tough carry.

the two things i find more concerning though are:

- Jnr Paulo on a significant decline but being paid $950k/yr for 3 more years
- our ability to develop a young outside back and a forward.

we cant persist with BA. we need to bring in a quality coach while we have the nucleus of a good squad.

also, when was the last time we had a junior step into first grade and have an immediate impact - someone who you knew was made for 1st grade? i'm not talking Jarryd Hayne or Hindmarsh style players, but someone like Ben Smith. he turned into a plodder eventually but his 1st season was awesome
Penisini

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Did he really say that? He might as well have said, "We'll make do with a couple of average priced plodders cause there's no high-priced decent 9's on the market right now"...
We refused to match the offer for Mahoney as well. We have no need of a dummy half who needs to be a focus of the attack. I mean, it would be nice to have a great dummy half, but if you’re paying for one you necessarily need to make him a focal point to get your money’s worth.

Incorrect

Coach
We refused to match the offer for Mahoney as well. We have no need of a dummy half who needs to be a focus of the attack. I mean, it would be nice to have a great dummy half, but if you’re paying for one you necessarily need to make him a focal point to get your money’s worth.
Well that's not the case with the Storm ... They've even got Pap's to come back in the spine ffs as yet another focal point in their attack.... The Storm keep finishing top 4 and we just stick to our structure and miss out on finals every other year under BA....

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Well I guess hooker is not a focal point in the scheme of winning a premiership according to bushy.

If you look at the past decade or so of grand final premiers, all the hookers in those teams are just average toilers that don't need to be the focus of attack.

Let's extend bushy for life. He's a genius.

Avenger

Immortal

According to this article Sanders hasn't even signed for the Raiders yet.

Hooper going off half cocked again. Apparently Harley Smith Shields was for this season only and to “gain experience” in return for the ability to negotiate with Sanders. It appears he hasn’t even signed yet. So why would we allow that? If true I’m with the Committee here.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So you're saying its not Brad's roster. Are you from tct aswell lol ? Who's fkn roster is it then
Coaches get the roster they get. It's not fantasy footy where everyone has Hynes, Grant and Hopgood. In the real world players can only play for one team. We have some good players but we know we wanted to keep Mahoney and Papali'i and couldn't afford them. We wanted to sign Taupau but he chose Brisbane due to their great coach and consistent finals appearances. Coaches only get part of the roster they want. The rest of it is full of consolation prizes. They need to spend almost $12M and sign 30 players. Some of them will be duds and some will be on more than they're worth. The alternative is filling your roster with Flegg players who not only aren't ready to play against men but might never be ready. This is how you get merkins like Momoisea (Eels), Hoeter (Broncos) and Pene (Storm) in your top 30.

Tired Baby GIF

Shit management, shit coach! Being saying it for the last 10 years.

The current morons have been trying to play money ball, buying up cheap players. But they can’t polish turds. The recent dud signings Of JOffa, Davey and other hapless crap just shows they have no idea in recruitment. What a waste of a so called premiership window. Windows broken now!