What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't even regard Jirah as a Project, his player manager conned us big time and that's on us.

Doorey is someone I'd definitely persist with but needs to grow a pair during the off season and start handling the physicality of the game, otherwise he's a decent young player.

tbf Murchie player 14 NRL games last year but just hasn't seemed to kick on.

I am most disappointed in Mataele. I thought he could of broken into NRL this year.

Gronk

Staff member
Murchie is not a middle, he's a decent hole running second rower. After doing well with Papa and Marata he probably thought he could have that sort of luck with every player. Doorey goes ok just a shame his body keeps letting him down the less said about that garbage man from Newcastle the better.
I think what you are saying is that playing footy every week in senior football tests a player’s durability. Doorey is getting found out, but he has age on his side.

Murchie finds himself in the middle only when there are better options on the edge. Swings and round abouts finds Mataele now learning the prop game in Flegg and Murchie back on the edge. He’s under the pump however, cos the young bulls like Guymer, Brazel, Lenaz, Blackburn, Pryke, Topou and Parker and all starring him down. The only thing that Murchie has on his side is age, which shoukd give him durability.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think what you are saying is that playing footy every week in senior football tests a player’s durability. Doorey is getting found out, but he has age on his side.

Murchie finds himself in the middle only when there are better options on the edge. Swings and round abouts finds Mataele now learning the prop game in Flegg and Murchie back on the edge. He’s under the pump however, cos the young bulls like Guymer, Brazel, Lenaz, Blackburn, Pryke, Topou and Parker and all starring him down. The only thing that Murchie has on his side is age, which shoukd give him durability.
Leave the footy analysis up to Pou ffs!!

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^^^

The Canberra Raiders play that almost landed them a Parramatta Eels half

A loan deal which would have seen Harley Smith-Shields play for the rest of this season with the Eels has fallen over, as the Eels would not agree to an early release for Eels half Ethan Sanders.

"We could be playing against Harley Smith-Shields in a semi-final, he could score the winning try to knock us out and then your fans and your board are going, 'What did you do that for?'. So we would have to get something back for that risk and we weren't going to get anything back so it wasn't in our best interest," Raiders CEO Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

IFR33K

Coach
so the raiders wanted an early release for sanders to join them next year, in exchange they were to loan us HSS for the rest of the year???

am I reading that correctly?

insane if true. If the recruitment and retention committee blocked this move I can’t blame them.

Was ba pushing for this?

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
^^^^^^

The Canberra Raiders play that almost landed them a Parramatta Eels half

A loan deal which would have seen Harley Smith-Shields play for the rest of this season with the Eels has fallen over, as the Eels would not agree to an early release for Eels half Ethan Sanders.

"We could be playing against Harley Smith-Shields in a semi-final, he could score the winning try to knock us out and then your fans and your board are going, 'What did you do that for?'. So we would have to get something back for that risk and we weren't going to get anything back so it wasn't in our best interest," Raiders CEO Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Who is the Loan Arranger? Who is Tonto? and does this deal have a Silver lining...or is it horse shit...

Gronk

Staff member
So on the basis that they only wanted HSS on a loan deal or were perhaps OK to take him on a loan deal only, means that they must have confidence in the backs we have:

Sivo
Russell
Penisini W
Simmonsson
Gutho
Asi

And that there is enough quality in the below to stock cup etc, so we don't have a repeat of 2023 again ?

Arthur Miller-Stephen
Turoa Williams
Zac Cini
Blaize Talagi
Matthew Komolafe
Te Huirini Twidle
Penisni R
Ethyn Martin
Araz Nava
Jabriel Kalache

I assume however there will be one or two actual signings of 20+ NRL game backs to come for next year better than Lume ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
So on the basis that they only wanted HSS on a loan deal or were perhaps OK to take him on a loan deal only, means that they must have confidence in the backs we have:

Sivo
Russell
Penisini W
Simmonsson
Gutho
Asi

And that there is enough quality in the below to stock cup etc, so we don't have a repeat of 2023 again ?

Arthur Miller-Stephen
Turoa Williams
Zac Cini
Blaize Talagi
Matthew Komolafe
Te Huirini Twidle
Penisni R
Ethyn Martin
Araz Nava
Jabriel Kalache

I assume however there will be one or two actual signings of 20+ NRL game backs to come for next year better than Lume ?

bottom line mate is we need 2 signings with NRL experience who are outside backs, that surely couldn't be that difficult could it?

Latest posts